**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aw matchmaking issues?

So before i start i just want to say i honestly font know if there is a matchmaking issue or not. I really just want to know if anyone else is having the same issue our alliance is. Please keep the “get better at the game” comments out as i’m not mad just frustrated and would like some input. Last aw season and today( the first aw of new season) my alliance ( who had been consistantly at the top of silver one and flirting with gold three. Has been matched against alliances with all thronebreaker members ir at least most of them are in some cases. We have no one in our alliance that has tb, two are cav. And about eight are uc. The rest are around level 35-45. We literally have wars that the other team only has 10-15 members place defense and we are facing rank three six star champs. We end up having about 50-70 deaths and the ither alliance clears both our maps with 1-2 sometimes no deaths… i understand a challenge as you grow but this is beyond absurd in my opinion and I’m honestly not sure if this is just a new thing or if something is wrong with matchmaking. I just want to know if anyone out there is having a similar problem or if the jump from silver one to gold three is really that drastic. I have been in aliances before that were gold three and two and NEVER had a war as unmatched as that. Thanks for the info in advanced… from a really frustrated player.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    What’s the war rating?
  • Options
    Sean_1486Sean_1486 Posts: 148
    Its one higher than us. Thats the part i dont understand.
  • Options
    How are they ranked so low with players like that
  • Options
    Every season we either start in gold three or get there in one or two wars then lose the next five or six to alliances like this. Like the transition from a victory with around 10 deaths to the next few in a tow we die like 40-60 times and they dont at all
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    your war rating might be way to high for the players you have, i can't imagine level 35-45 players are supposed to be in gold 3 or anywhere near that, are they? could be wrong though
  • Options
    I had a 5/65 dupped max sig ability warlock, fight a rank2 6* magneto. He hit me with spec one and i parried. Did not miss the block. And i died. Nothing on the node gave abilitied that can do that. Lol. Its soooo frustrating
  • Options
    We have a few yes. Some are mine. I have eight accts in this alliance. There are 23 members and we run two groups. But the matchups are insane lately. We had a war last season right as we reached gold three that we had both groups filled with defenders. The other team had inly 11 ppl place defense. But they had 18 attack. We cleared 100% they cleared 96. They had 84 defender kills and we had 0
  • Options
    Like that seems pretty near impossible. And we have some heavy defenders also. No rank three six stars but a lot of rank two . And most are 5/75 5*s
  • Options
    I’m just really confused and frustrated. Like i said i had been in hold alliances before when i only had two accts and it was NOTHING. Like this
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Sean_1486 said:

I had a 5/65 dupped max sig ability warlock, fight a rank2 6* magneto. He hit me with spec one and i parried. Did not miss the block. And i died. Nothing on the node gave abilitied that can do that. Lol. Its soooo frustrating

warlock is metal, mags shuts down metal so you'll rarely be able to parry him
  • Options
    I mean maybe its really just supposed to be that hard now as opposed to a few months ago. By no means am i an expert player but i am good. The jump is just really extreme and hinestly if its like that and normal. I really dont even want to play it anymore. I like a challenge but when you have zero chance there is ZERO. Fun to be had
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    There's so many alliances out there still tanking. For clarity that means intentionally losing wars in the off-season to lower their war rating. The better thing to check is where the alliance finished last season. So if the group you're facing finished Platinum 3 last season you simply don't have a chance to win this war.
  • Options
    Hmm? I thought the off season wars didnt count except for the rewards at the end of each war. That actually makes sense. And if thats what they are doing i get it. And its still frustrating but was less frustrating as long as i can understand why. I thought it was a glitch or something. Still sucks but can’t change that if that’s how they are doing it. What i dont get is if you are that strong, why tank wars and stay gold three. They should be in platinum to start and try to move up
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    There might be a few more alliances going from no AW at all to doing low-key wars now since the rewards got buffed a couple months ago. That could be impacting the quality of alliances that you’re seeing.

The only thing I noticed last season (in Gold 1) was the other teams did seem to have slightly lower deaths than normal. But I chalked that up to all the free AW potions and boosts that have been given out.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★
    Did you say you yourself have 8 accounts in your alliance?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    You run 2 bg so you’re possibly facing alliances of semi retired players, unlucky, but it is what it is.
    Also you really shouldn’t even consider using warlock against magneto, nevermind using him in AW.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

“Has been matched against alliances with all
    Thronebreaker members ir at least most of them are in some cases”..,..ehm so what is it? All, at least most are, in some cases? Or? 🤔

Could be alliances with so-called retired members.
    Alliance I’m in started this aw season cause of increased solo rewards, it’s been months since we’ve played AW. We still only do a 1bg AW.