**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Announcing: Grandmaster Goldblum's Challenge

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    I don't understand the argument that these Challenges are too easy. They're not as simple as some make them to be. Easier for the more experienced, yes. However, they're not that simple. There's only so much challenge you can add to the Swipe/Tap/Hold Model. As much as I love the game, it's not the be-all-end-all of gaming. It's still a Mobile Game. Which means they have certain limits to work within. Now, we always want to be interested and push ourselves further. However, there comes a point where they can only make it so challenging while still being accessible to everyone. I think it provides a fair amount of challenge myself.

Being accessible to everyone isn't the point. I completed this with zero items used. Didn't even use the portals, did it all in one run. I'm not special, lots of people could say the same. When Chloe came out the first time I couldn't do it and was frustrated. It made me want to get better. Beating the Ming quest was very satisfying albeit very difficult for me at the time. I enjoyed this quest but It's not really that much of a challenge at this point. I intend to 100% the Lab (I've done one run so far) but I don't need that much challenge on a regular basis lol. Something in between would be nice. Master quest is a joke now and these Chloe style quests just aren't hard enough. Maybe without the life steal it would have been.

The point that I'm trying to make is that there comes a point where we have to accept the limitations of the game. There's always a push to be harder, better, more challenging. Then it's amped up, and less and less people have a chance at completing it. I'm not at all judging where people are at. They have the right to verbalize if they aren't challenged. However, it has to be accessible for a broader number than those who find the game easy in general. It's a mobile game, after all. On the topic of Master, I think it's time to add a new EQ Difficulty, rather than revamping Master. I think it has to be a stepping stone for those still challenged by it, rather than continuing to buff it. These Challenges aren't a cake walk. Especially when dealing with ongoing issues like many have been dealing with. I'm all for evolving the game, but the push for harder, better, stronger, sometimes gets out of hand. Then we have a percentage of the Player Base that's happy, albeit a small one, and a large number that feel slighted.

It is a cake walk actually.. As shown by briangrant who could complete all but the last chapter under 24 hours of creating a new account.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I don't understand the argument that these Challenges are too easy. They're not as simple as some make them to be. Easier for the more experienced, yes. However, they're not that simple. There's only so much challenge you can add to the Swipe/Tap/Hold Model. As much as I love the game, it's not the be-all-end-all of gaming. It's still a Mobile Game. Which means they have certain limits to work within. Now, we always want to be interested and push ourselves further. However, there comes a point where they can only make it so challenging while still being accessible to everyone. I think it provides a fair amount of challenge myself.

Being accessible to everyone isn't the point. I completed this with zero items used. Didn't even use the portals, did it all in one run. I'm not special, lots of people could say the same. When Chloe came out the first time I couldn't do it and was frustrated. It made me want to get better. Beating the Ming quest was very satisfying albeit very difficult for me at the time. I enjoyed this quest but It's not really that much of a challenge at this point. I intend to 100% the Lab (I've done one run so far) but I don't need that much challenge on a regular basis lol. Something in between would be nice. Master quest is a joke now and these Chloe style quests just aren't hard enough. Maybe without the life steal it would have been.

The point that I'm trying to make is that there comes a point where we have to accept the limitations of the game. There's always a push to be harder, better, more challenging. Then it's amped up, and less and less people have a chance at completing it. I'm not at all judging where people are at. They have the right to verbalize if they aren't challenged. However, it has to be accessible for a broader number than those who find the game easy in general. It's a mobile game, after all. On the topic of Master, I think it's time to add a new EQ Difficulty, rather than revamping Master. I think it has to be a stepping stone for those still challenged by it, rather than continuing to buff it. These Challenges aren't a cake walk. Especially when dealing with ongoing issues like many have been dealing with. I'm all for evolving the game, but the push for harder, better, stronger, sometimes gets out of hand. Then we have a percentage of the Player Base that's happy, albeit a small one, and a large number that feel slighted.

It is a cake walk actually.. As shown by briangrant who could complete all but the last chapter under 24 hours of creating a new account.

That doesn't apply to everyone. Seatin tackles Master with 3*s. I'm very impressed. However, that's not a testament to every Player. There are many people with long-term Accounts who still struggle. There are also other issues such as lag and bugs that make it more difficult for some. A couple of examples of relatively skilled Players does not make it a cakewalk. It means people are so adept that they have to find new ways to challenge themselves. Which further highlights my point. The few that are so proficient in the game that they don't find it challenging are not a representative of all Players. The content is challenging. Just easier for some.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Yeah let’s make it more of a challenge.

Like...
    - Remove life transfer
    - Add global bane
    - Add global debuff immune
    - Add global mesmerize

That’ll be exciting ya?

And the forums will be full of crybabies saying they can’t do the challenge.

Maybe that is Goldblum's special message on Monday. "Now, let's actually make this a challenge."

• Options
    When are legend title results coming out?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The last few events took 2 days for the titles to be given out
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Yeah let’s make it more of a challenge.

Like...
    - Remove life transfer
    - Add global bane
    - Add global debuff immune
    - Add global mesmerize

That’ll be exciting ya?

And the forums will be full of crybabies saying they can’t do the challenge.

I love forum tears
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    That new announcement that the top 5 now get a 4* Hela is horseshit. That is incredibly shady and underhanded.

I guess I should add if it’s true. But pretty sure it is.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    That new announcement that the top 5 now get a 4* Hela is horseshit. That is incredibly shady and underhanded.

I guess I should add if it’s true. But pretty sure it is.

Really the only part which is BS IMHO is that Kabam knows very well that this means only the top 5 IOS players can possibly get this.