**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Direction Of Champion Creating

Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
Hey,

I really feel like the champions coming out every month or slowly lacking in quality and just aren't as good as before. Animations team is knocking a home run on each and every champion, but the core kits are just kind of disappointing for some champions. And another point, champion buffs. Buffs have definitely been getting kind of worse (for a lot of champs), and the so called "overhaul"
nerf
of Guillotine, has just been one example. Combined with the game issues, this is just leading to lots of players getting bored and leaving the game. (Excluding some good champions, Kitty, Nimrod, Peni, etc.)

Just wanted to put this out there.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Kitty Pryde, Nimrod, Peni Parker, Hercules, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Venompool have all been good champions in terms of design

Yeah you're correct, but the overall quality seems a bit weird to me. A bit top heavy.
    From July to now there have been 10 buffs and 6 champions released.

Diablo, Bishop, King Groot, Venompool, Miles, Thor Rags, Kitty, Nimrod, Peni and Hercules have all been wins.

Arguments can be made for Hood being an ok buff, Ronin was already good, and S2099 has his uses (especially with the new synergy).

Chavez, Gamora and Guilly are the only real duds.

So I'd say 10/16 being wins, and 3 being kinda good is top heavy. Just not in the way you're saying it is.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Kitty Pryde came out four weeks ago!

LOL
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Kitty Pryde came out four weeks ago!

LOL

I did say with some exceptions
    Yeah, I see your point. I might just be a bit paranoid these days lol
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Overall it’s good, it just sucks that the fan favorites or the most anticipated ones lacks a punch (Silver Surfer, Odin, Spider-Man 2099, Knull (hopefully not), etc) on their initial release and It kinda breaks the spirit of excitement. It stings for a while but kinda demotivating when it’s always the case.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    It’s hit or miss. Not gonna hit all the time but damn, this is low using up a buff slot on a champ who’s value hasn’t been bumped up even slightly. Idc if every champ kabam release is beyond crazy but atleast give them some originality so players that love that champ can enjoy them. Love civil warriors buff where though he isn’t considered a top tech champ (he is imo), he has some unique abilities in his kit like nullify immunity, reducing special attack damage on block with sig, and really nice power control and heal block, with insane amounts of furies you can stack up increasing his damage significantly, all together creating a fun playstyle unique to civil warrior.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I think the problem here is consistency, and quality control. Some champs kill it, and other champs get slaughtered.

It's clear that champs don't get much play testing (Silver Cent and Shang had infinites ffs, lol), and there doesn't seem to be much regard in how their designs fit into the meta as is. Or maybe there's just a lack of meta knowledge in general.

There's also some clearly missed opportunities, like with Odin and Knull. These are champs with incredibly easy marketability, and should be given the Stamp of OP Approval to push crystal sales. I just don't understand why they choose to not capitalize on character hype. We need y'all to make lots of money too, lol.

I think the problem here is consistency, and quality control. Some champs kill it, and other champs get slaughtered.

It's clear that champs don't get much play testing (Silver Cent and Shang had infinites ffs, lol), and there doesn't seem to be much regard in how their designs fit into the meta as is. Or maybe there's just a lack of meta knowledge in general.

There's also some clearly missed opportunities, like with Odin and Knull. These are champs with incredibly easy marketability, and should be given the Stamp of OP Approval to push crystal sales. I just don't understand why they choose to not capitalize on character hype. We need y'all to make lots of money too, lol.

Yeah, I think this is the main point I was trying to get across, but wasn't able to because I am dumb lol. I completely agree that it's quality control and consistency as you said, it's a real issue
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★

Kitty Pryde, Nimrod, Peni Parker, Hercules, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Venompool have all been good champions in terms of design

Gamora, Ronin, Nova, Thor Rags, Guillotine, DDHK. Some of these happened even after the drop to 2 buff per month to allow for more quality buffs
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Overall it’s good, it just sucks that the fan favorites or the most anticipated ones lacks a punch (Silver Surfer, Odin, Spider-Man 2099, Knull (hopefully not), etc) on their initial release and It kinda breaks the spirit of excitement. It stings for a while but kinda demotivating when it’s always the case.

Silver Surfer and Odin are good. I don't know who you've been talking to.

• AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Silver Surfer and Odin are good. I don't know who you've been talking to.

There's a difference between being good & being close to what they should've been
    I agree that OP marvel characters can't be translated well to a game, but at least their relative power levels cn be
    When champs like Surfer, Odin, Knull etc. who should be some of the top champs in the game are not even at the top of their class, that's when it hurts the players bcoz they when they play with a Silver Surfer or Odin, they want to feel that yes they're playing with a Silver Surfer or Odin