**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spiderman 2099 Gameplay Thread

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1947308#Comment_1947308
If you didnt see that^, them it explains how i got sp99 and why i took him to r3 as a 6*.

I plan on posting lots of gameplay on this dude, so i will do it here. Of course because this is the forums, im going to have to use Youtube. I dont care at all about view etc, its just the only way to post videos to the forums for me. I am definitely not self promoting, the only thing im promoting is sp99.

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I played horrible in this fight, but still. Look how easy that should have been. I would also like to point out that burst towards the end.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Damage looks a bit low. Or maybe I've just been using too much archangel and torch 🤣😂

At the end of the day, if a champ has enough damage, that’s the important thing to me if they have good utility. Surviving a fight usually comes down to having the utility to deal with it, aside from occasional situations when you can burst it down.

Essentially, utility > damage. And new champions with damage that isn’t as high as CGR are consistently going under the radar. Centurion, Negative, S2099 etc

A champion is released, if they don’t do well against RoL winter soldier or one or two act 6 paths then they are brushed aside. Then over the coming 6 months, occasional footage leaks out of where they’re actually good, whether it’s AW paths, mini bosses, or other act 6 content, then we see how good they really are.
    Perhaps you might want to elaborate on Silver Centurion. I recently pulled him as a 6* and while he's really smooth, his playstyle is unrelentless. You're always attacking either to keep up plasma or to keep locked on. No waiting out timers and if the ai turtles too long, you have to start all over. Is there anything I'm missing? I like him and he's going to be on my team most of the time for the Sorcerer synergy and I would love to be able to use him
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★

Damage looks a bit low. Or maybe I've just been using too much archangel and torch 🤣😂

At the end of the day, if a champ has enough damage, that’s the important thing to me if they have good utility. Surviving a fight usually comes down to having the utility to deal with it, aside from occasional situations when you can burst it down.

Essentially, utility > damage. And new champions with damage that isn’t as high as CGR are consistently going under the radar. Centurion, Negative, S2099 etc

A champion is released, if they don’t do well against RoL winter soldier or one or two act 6 paths then they are brushed aside. Then over the coming 6 months, occasional footage leaks out of where they’re actually good, whether it’s AW paths, mini bosses, or other act 6 content, then we see how good they really are.
    One of my favorite champions is Jabari Panther. I pulled her and then Shang Chi and I ranked her first because her cleanse utility is so good. Biohazard, Hazard Shift, Encroaching Stun, and so many other tricky nodes and champions made easy with just that one bit of utility before ever getting into the rest of her kit.

@Masterpuff, does Spidey need to be awakened/high sig? Science is one of my weaker 6* classes and I just pulled him. I’m interested in what, if anything, I’ll need to set aside for him.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

One of my favorite champions is Jabari Panther. I pulled her and then Shang Chi and I ranked her first because her cleanse utility is so good. Biohazard, Hazard Shift, Encroaching Stun, and so many other tricky nodes and champions made easy with just that one bit of utility before ever getting into the rest of her kit.

@Masterpuff, does Spidey need to be awakened/high sig? Science is one of my weaker 6* classes and I just pulled him. I’m interested in what, if anything, I’ll need to set aside for him.
    Obligatory not Masterpuff, but he doesn’t need it, per se. The rupture pausing is very, very nice at higher sig (still never becomes guaranteed, mind you) and the combat power rate is also swell, but he can be played without it. It’s just more burst damage on the special 2 if timed right, and more burst damage possible from the ruptures bursting
    Wicket329 said:

I will say that it does a lot for his damage from what i can tell. But all of his utility and sp2 burst is on the base kit. I would suggest him, but not over champs like torch or high sig void if you have them.

Wicket329 said:

I will say that it does a lot for his damage from what i can tell. But all of his utility and sp2 burst is on the base kit. I would suggest him, but not over champs like torch or high sig void if you have them.
    My Spidey 99 is 6* R3 200 and I use him religiously. He’s in AW right now and I have used him vs Maw, Mojo, Havok, and Sym Supreme. On boss island he takes 75% less damage the entire fight vs The final boss due to true strike.

One of my faves
    Yeah im taking a Mojo boss this war. I want that dupe.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    I was hoping for him from the new featured, so far got DD dupe and Karna
    Wicket329 said:

I actually love Shang for the same thing. He has a much longer lasting cleanse that is perfect for encroaching stun too. Have you ranked both now or just prefer Jabari regardless? Both great champs from what I can tell, I prefer Shang but can see why people like Jabari too.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1947308#Comment_1947308
    If you didnt see that^, them it explains how i got sp99 and why i took him to r3 as a 6*.

I plan on posting lots of gameplay on this dude, so i will do it here. Of course because this is the forums, im going to have to use Youtube. I dont care at all about view etc, its just the only way to post videos to the forums for me. I am definitely not self promoting, the only thing im promoting is sp99.

Been waiting on this. Just been too busy to let people know . Dude is a low key killer
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    SPIDY 99 is a Prince and love that I took him to r3
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

@Masterpuff teach me.

Super happy with that pull (both to be fair!), but I’m not sure if he kinda fulfils the same role as Mr Negative, dealing with buff punishment and power gain. Do you think there’s a lot he can do that’s different?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

@Masterpuff teach me.

Super happy with that pull (both to be fair!), but I’m not sure if he kinda fulfils the same role as Mr Negative, dealing with buff punishment and power gain. Do you think there’s a lot he can do that’s different?

Was hoping for SM99 , but pulled two Thor rags.

Hope you enjoy him
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    After this post and KarateMike, i feel like i gonna like him, so a question, it feature 6* one is worth enough to pull ?
    slacker said:

After this post and KarateMike, i feel like i gonna like him, so a question, it feature 6* one is worth enough to pull ?

I think this featured is worth it. Im happy Mike is gonna hype him up as well.

Finally duped him yesterday which was enough for me to pull the trigger. Alliancemate was soloing Mojo all off-season with him, funny to see people just now catching on though.

Nice!

@Masterpuff, did you ever end up creating that line group for him?

Not yet, i still am figuring all that out. I plan on it in the next few days.