**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I like how y'all wait for an AQ day to have a 4 hour maintenance.

RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Do it on a non-AQ day bruh.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    It’s not like it’s much of a problem. Both sides suffer from the same amount of maintenance time
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

That doesn't happen all the time. AQ is on a rotating schedule bruh.

They coulda done it last night or the night before when there was no aq or aw running...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Tuesday is the day that the majority of online games such as this come down for Maintenance. It's not just Kabam's side. It also has to do with scheduling with the servers they partner with.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Maintenance has been on Tuesdays since the game started 7 years ago. If you can't complete AQ these days even with maintenance and especially on day 1, your alliance has issues.
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★

Maintenance has been on Tuesdays since the game started 7 years ago. If you can't complete AQ these days even with maintenance and especially on day 1, your alliance has issues.
    I'm just pointing out that it's annoying and could be avoided.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Tuesday is the day that the majority of online games such as this come down for Maintenance. It's not just Kabam's side. It also has to do with scheduling with the servers they partner with.

agreed. updates for mobile games typically release on wednesdays too so it gets the app ready
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    We could get lucky and have the same type of maintenance as last week.
    Please don't remove this post, Kabam. :wink:
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

wrong
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

If you worked in the IT/Development world, you'd know how wrong that statement is. They keep it on the same day and timeframe for several reasons. The time that it's set for, has the least amount of impact on players playing at that time. The consistency allows them to plan better for what they need to do during the downtime. There are several other things but these are some of the main reasons.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 311 ★★
    It’s so on Monday you can fix the issues that happened over the weekend, and if something goes funky during maintenance you have the rest of the week to fix it without making everyone work weekends
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

It’s so on Monday you can fix the issues that happened over the weekend, and if something goes funky during maintenance you have the rest of the week to fix it without making everyone work weekends

More or less. in my experience "patch Tuesday" falls on an actual Tuesday a very high percentage of the time because operations people learn over time by process of elimination that Tuesday is the best day for such things by an overwhelming margin most of the time. Mondays are bad days to schedule things because they have a higher than average chance to be messed up by problems that have accumulated over the weekend. Friday is a bad day because nobody wants to work on a Friday evening. People's performance drops, and it is much harder to test things when 90% of your people have left the office for the weekends. You might think weekends are good days to schedule maintenance windows, if you've never worked in operations before in your life. In practice, these are horrible days to schedule permanent maintenance windows.

That leaves Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And of the three options, the first one, Tuesday, is the most common one selected, followed by Wednesday. More then 50% of all the enterprises I've interacted with had their standing maintenance window scheduled for Tuesday, and more than 80% fell on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure for MCOC Tuesday is *always* maintenance day. Whether the servers actually go down or not, every Tuesday is maintenance day. It is scheduled that way so there's regularity surrounding the process, so everyone knows way in advance when things will happen, and so everyone also knows when things *won't* happen (short of an emergency of course). You don't just schedule these things on the fly, nor do you change them arbitrarily. In the real world, this is a recipe for catastrophe.