**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there a bug where KG's Fury/Regen cycle just breaks and stops working?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
7.3.1 Pumping Iron lane. He had Odin's buffs, started this fight with 4 Paradox... And his Fury/Regen Cycle is just broken? And Odin's buffs are gone. This goes on for about a minute before I quit the fight. I tested his sp1 and it applied permanent Armor Break. So, this indicates the game is treating him as in Malice state, but there's no Furies, no timer, Odin's buffs are gone and he doesn't switch into Regen stance. Anyone know why?
https://youtu.be/54mxKSITpCE

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Aar from paradoxes maybe. Sometimes it causes the cycle to break and never come back
  • Options

Aar from paradoxes maybe. Sometimes it causes the cycle to break and never come back

Hmm, lemme read the Paradox again.
  • Options
    I don't see anything in the description of this Paradox that mentions any AAR or debuffs which cause it.
  • Options
    Neev_4321Neev_4321 Posts: 133
    Pretty obvious it is aar. If any cycle is prevented once by aar it never comes back for whole fight, ex prevent dragon man power gain buff from triggering once with aar and it never comes back again.
  • Options
    Neev_4321 said:

Pretty obvious it is aar. If any cycle is prevented once by aar it never comes back for whole fight, ex prevent dragon man power gain buff from triggering once with aar and it never comes back again.

Cool, do you know where the AAR came from and also why Odin's buffs are gone?
  • Options

Neev_4321 said:

Cool, do you know where the AAR came from and also why Odin's buffs are gone?
    I have not done 7.3 dont know about paradox charges, but pretty sure they remove buffs or something when exploded or something. To know it more I need to know what happened when the cycle stopped but you had started recording when it had already stopped. Let me read more about paradox charges and come back to you
  • Options
    I've finished the lane, but went back to take shots of nodes.

• Options
    Could you also send screenshot of the nodes so I know which paradoxes were on
  • Options

Ok, thx.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I ran into the same issue. It’s always super annoying using him in AQ where you have to use a specific special because and if you use the wrong one, all of his abilities shut off permanently. I’ve passed it along to CCP folks but no luck so far
  • Options
    edited October 2021

I ran into the same issue. It’s always super annoying using him in AQ where you have to use a specific special because and if you use the wrong one, all of his abilities shut off permanently. I’ve passed it along to CCP folks but no luck so far

Ok, good to know at least. I have no idea what triggered it in this fight. Seems random. I actually feel like it's happened in the past, but just kind of did a "huh.. weird.. anyway.." but this time I went ahead and paused and started recording. Unfortunately, I have no footage of the very beginning of the fight because tbh, I didn't notice right away.

Hope it gets looked into. Story mode and AQ = annoying, but AW could equal a lost war or something.
  • Options

Ok, good to know at least. I have no idea what triggered it in this fight. Seems random. I actually feel like it's happened in the past, but just kind of did a "huh.. weird.. anyway.." but this time I went ahead and paused and started recording. Unfortunately, I have no footage of the very beginning of the fight because tbh, I didn't notice right away.

Hope it gets looked into. Story mode and AQ = annoying, but AW could equal a lost war or something.
    It's not a bug, it is a feature of game/aar so nothing should happen to it.
  • Options
    I got what happened to you due to quantam control node your buffs got nullified as you did special attack with less than 3 paradox charges. As your fury got nullified your cycle halted as to go to another phase that is regen you have to have all the fury expire or removed by his abilities to purify debuffs.
  • Options

I don't see anything in the description of this Paradox that mentions any AAR or debuffs which cause it.

My bad. I assumed it was a different paradox
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

The reason everything was removed was because of the quantum control node. You must have been below 3 paradox at some point and all of your buffs including the Odin ones got nullified. Now, I’m not sure why they didn’t come back because there’s no aar on this path.
  • Options
    BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    Same happened to me in 7.3.5. Cosmic avalanche path. Fate seal removed KG's furies but i kept applying permanent armor breaks and also never went into cooldown.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Neev_4321 said:

Actually not really true. There's nothing stated about his malice cycle never coming back bc of AAR and it is being looked at to be fixed last I heard
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Neev_4321 said:

Nope. They updated timers sometime ago to prevent that from happening. If you use Mags against DM, his power charge will still come back sometimes since it's 70% AAR. The same thing happens with AA on no retreat, bane or masochism, shut down the timer with neuros, if your neuros fall off, it comes back.
    The behavior you're talking about still works for nodes like arc overload, the kne that gives unstoppable when you're far from the opponent and the other that gives regen (I've forgotten their names but I've made a mistake of parrying just before the timer came on and the unstoppable/regen never came back)
    KG's behavior isn't AAR, it's just the preventing his abilities from triggering shuts it down. Applying BWCV'S buff immunity does the same thing. Also nodes like fisticuffs, fateseal nodes, etc In short, anything that prevents his buffs from triggering after malice cooldown
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Neev_4321 said:

You sound very confident for someone who just doesn't appear to be correct. No one has yet explained if there was AAR, what caused it? Including yourself. As for the Nullify, my post starts with: "Started fight with 4 Paradox..." As I knew this question would come up.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Neev_4321 said:

No, it's a bug. It makes no in-game sense for AAR to stop Malice permanently.
  • Options

Neev_4321 said:

No, it's a bug. It makes no in-game sense for AAR to stop Malice permanently.
    Maybe not applicable to this situation but some nodes like Arc Overlad and Vigour completely stop (although Vigour retriggers at 25% intervals) if you stop it once using AAR.