**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nebula buff spotlight

Comments

• Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    One thing I'm confused about: first it mentions her amp charges reducing robot DAAR but later just says AAR. Before it used to be just overall AAR.

Has that changed to just DAAR?
  • Options
    Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★

One thing I'm confused about: first it mentions her amp charges reducing robot DAAR but later just says AAR. Before it used to be just overall AAR.

Has that changed to just DAAR?

It doesn't seem like her AAR has changed
  • Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    It looks solid to me. She just needed tweaks and it seems they did that in the right places. Lowering shock timer was main one, a la Gambit. Her regen was pretty nice imo, and if it’s part of her base then all the better. Power control boost, and new sp3 and sig help her get to specials faster which hopefully ties it all together in a good way.

Did she lose the synergy w Proxima that let her start w 10 charges? That will be missed.
  • Options
    Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Tru100 said:

It looks solid to me. She just needed tweaks and it seems they did that in the right places. Lowering shock timer was main one, a la Gambit. Her regen was pretty nice imo, and if it’s part of her base then all the better. Power control boost, and new sp3 and sig help her get to specials faster which hopefully ties it all together in a good way.

Did she lose the synergy w Proxima that let her start w 10 charges? That will be missed.

That synergy is with proxima so it's still there
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Looks like a decent buff, might be good for AQ, maybe some story content but we will have to see.
    Really need that block proficiency to go up, atleast to 67-68%
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Here are her current abilities

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Ok they reduced the Charge Build Up a tad (from Every .9 Seconds to Every .65 Seconds) which was basically a Must for her Buff, though personally I wish they would've taken a Note from the Gambit Rework where the less Charges he has the Quicker the Charge Build Up is while Blocking with only hitting that Max Time of about 1 Second when at the Final 1 or 2 Charges. Especially since Nebula's Cap is 20, while Gambit's is 10.
    The only other Big Thing I think is a Must would be More Block Proficiency, please for the love of everything Design Team be smart and realize the Champion that has to Block to Ramp Up should have Solid BP!!!
    Nebula was the Perfect Champion for just a Tune Up because all she needed were 2 or 3 tiny things to Shorten Her Ramp Up and Lessen the Damage Taken while Ramping Up so you could get into actually Playing the Champion and having More Fun Quicker!
  • Options
    Tru100 said:

That's on Proxima herself
  • Options

Just dropping in to mention that Karatemike (I think) mentioned her Armour and Block Proficiency have been tuned up. Assuming that’s correct that could be massive for the kit

Thank Goodness if that's the case!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’m interested to see how the buff turns out. I think it could be really solid. The shock immunity is great, I like her new sig, and the lesser holding block time it’s great.

My only gripe with nebula is not being able to parry without losing damage. It turns most matchups into stun immune match ups, making it unnecessarily complex and puts you more at risk. For a champ built around holding block to need to not parry it just seems counter intuitive.

I really wish they’d changed it so the first hit of a heavy attack converts the charges into shocks, it would make so much more sense and fit better into the playstyle, while being less stressful to play since you can parry and hold block like gambit can. But ah well…
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

Looks like Neb's buff didn't go quite the way I wanted it to, but it still looks promising.

Was hoping for some block prof (perfect or otherwise) and faster charge gain. Got faster charge gain, not sure about block prof. Seems the focus is more on getting to an sp3, which allows for charge gain without blocking. She also gets shock immunity finally, so sweet on that.

I'll have to wait and see the numbers and check the charge gain in action to get a proper feel for her, but I'm dangerously optimistic. RIP me.

From the other thread.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    It's an improvement - not a massive jump by the looks of it but a measured improvement.

I think they could have pushed the Amp Charge duration down a little bit more but we'll see when the buff drops how it actually is in play.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Looks good.

1) heavy shock - that makes her SP2 more interesting and powerful
    2) easier AMP charges
    3) more combat PR (always good)
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    The main thing I wanted to improve was the the hold block charge timer. It has improved, and hopefully will make it a genuinely usable mechanic for the huge damage.

Can’t wait to try her!
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    This buff really awesome, tackle in most all her problems, tho not complete solve all of it but it's still make her playstyle practical