**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Yellowjacket rant

TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
This is in no way shape or form a post to comment on bugs or even talk about ways to fix Yellowjacket but rather just something to get mine and possibly others frustration out.

I hate Yellowjacket. Hate him with a burning passion, he was my first 6* dupe and I have been cursed with receiving him as a 6* a total of 8 times... yes he is dupe 140... and yes the 8th pull of him was about 5 minutes ago. I hated him before his buff and I hate him now months after his buff. I don’t use him nor will I ever. I have tried testing him in his “best matches” and still can’t see why I’d ever actually use him. He is a waste of space and waste of pulls. I would be DELIGHTED if kabam deleted him from the game completely. Screw a buff, just toss him in the trash. I’d even settle for them to remove him from my account with no reimbursement what so ever with the promise that I will never have to pull him again. This champ makes me mad just seeing him sit on my roster.
If you read my rant then thank you for allowing me to vent, that is all.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Ooooooooooooooooooooo k then.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I love using him on fun quest and genuinely think he had a decent buff bit will I rank him up over someone like Ultron, no and that is reasonable to say so. Yellowjacket doesn't deserve an entire hate post towards him. I hate Corvus and won't rank him over r3 and I have taken up to r4 pre buff notes Karnak, Annihilus, and Mysterio before him. But while I hate Corvus I won't make a post about the times I duped him or how I have him sitting in my roster. So a lesson towards all people, if you hate something or just dislike something don't make a post unless it is an issue of some sort like a bug just keep it to yourself, rant on about it off the forums, or make a meme about it. Not this.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I like him about as much as I like actual Yellowjackets. In fact, just having that name conjurs up a wave of irrational hatred, so I doubt I'd like him even if he was great. He isn't, so that remains untested.
  • TripleB said:

TripleB said:

This is in no way shape or form a post to comment on bugs or even talk about ways to fix Yellowjacket but rather just something to get mine and possibly others frustration out.

I hate Yellowjacket. Hate him with a burning passion, he was my first 6* dupe and I have been cursed with receiving him as a 6* a total of 8 times... yes he is dupe 140... and yes the 8th pull of him was about 5 minutes ago. I hated him before his buff and I hate him now months after his buff. I don’t use him nor will I ever. I have tried testing him in his “best matches” and still can’t see why I’d ever actually use him. He is a waste of space and waste of pulls. I would be DELIGHTED if kabam deleted him from the game completely. Screw a buff, just toss him in the trash. I’d even settle for them to remove him from my account with no reimbursement what so ever with the promise that I will never have to pull him again. This champ makes me mad just seeing him sit on my roster.

@The_Sentry06 thank you.

YJ has the highest energy resistance in game without sig investment or synergy. (only higher than him are, max sig mordo: on block, max sig guardian, and WM with prefight+ tigra synergy, and s99 after 100 stacks of resistance.)
    He is incredibly tanky with high physical resistance.
    Has high health, great powersting damage. On demand slow. Petrify. Heal reduction. Heavy intercept range, easy intercept animations. He has very high resistance to unblockable attacks.
    I havehim r3 sig20 on my alt, and grinded his arena on main (r3ing him there as well). He is one of the better versatile champs in alliance war and content. At sig140 his sp3 powersting is very durable too.
    One of THE BEST underrated buffs in game currently. People like big yellow numbers and discount anyone without those. Well, YJ is a perfect example of a buff done right.
    I’m glad you like him, I really wish I could donate mine to you.

id take him no question. I hope you give him a chance and discover his utility.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

TripleB said:

TripleB said:

@The_Sentry06 thank you.

YJ has the highest energy resistance in game without sig investment or synergy. (only higher than him are, max sig mordo: on block, max sig guardian, and WM with prefight+ tigra synergy, and s99 after 100 stacks of resistance.)
    Has high health, great powersting damage. On demand slow. Petrify. Heal reduction. Heavy intercept range, easy intercept animations. He has very high resistance to unblockable attacks.
    I havehim r3 sig20 on my alt, and grinded his arena on main (r3ing him there as well). He is one of the better versatile champs in alliance war and content. At sig140 his sp3 powersting is very durable too.
    One of THE BEST underrated buffs in game currently. People like big yellow numbers and discount anyone without those. Well, YJ is a perfect example of a buff done right.

Yeah i guess he has some solid utility but, she hulk exists. She has better damage, she can reverse heal, easier to keep the slow up, along with poison immunity. Taunt, decent power control, allmg with a pretty solid weakness buff to minimize block damage. I’m sure yellow jacket is solid for some fights that require heal reversal, high energy resistance, and unstoppable counters. But she hulk does what he does better for the most part. Spider hams power sting damage also outdamages his which kinda sucks since he got buffed after his release, so not even the best power sting option, as he should be. Solid champ overall, would give him a 5 1/2 outta 10, just others that outshine him at what he does.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    So I guess you're not gonna r3 him?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    That’s Rough
  • TripleB said:

TripleB said:

@The_Sentry06 thank you.

Yeah i guess he has some solid utility but, she hulk exists. She has better damage, she can reverse heal, easier to keep the slow up, along with poison immunity. Taunt, decent power control, allmg with a pretty solid weakness buff to minimize block damage. I’m sure yellow jacket is solid for some fights that require heal reversal, high energy resistance, and unstoppable counters. But she hulk does what he does better for the most part. Spider hams power sting damage also outdamages his which kinda sucks since he got buffed after his release, so not even the best power sting option, as he should be. Solid champ overall, would give him a 5 1/2 outta 10, just others that outshine him at what he does.
    You are totally missing the point. She hulk depends on AI to play along. YJ doesnt care. IF you see how many matchups have energy damage in it, youd be surprised. and his kit gives him so much utility that you can use him in so many matchups, covering so much ground. Give him a try, youd be surprised what all he can counter. I use him regularly in T2 wars across a variety of nodes vs the toughest champs.