**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6star nexus selection help

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips

I have CGR as a 5r5. Honestly, I don’t like him and never use him. I don’t remember a time he came to mind when I needed any utility. It’s his playstyle for me, maybe I don’t know how to use him. So I’m leaning towards Storm PX but I don’t see nor hear a lot about her. Is she any good?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    CGR
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Hoitado said:

Why would you Rank 5 him if you didn’t like him?

It was the hype dude, everyone was talking about him and I got him from the featured, took him and pretty much only use in ROL. I don't see his utility besides damage.
    That IS his utility(cept for the dupe that's another layer of utility)
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I know, I’ve seen people use cgr a lot but I personally don’t use him unless there’s next to no significant nodes on a path/boss
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    SPX. Firstly bcs CGR is the best at rank 3 and above (bcs of that combat powerrate increase) and since you already have him plus dont like him, SPX is the clear choice. I heard she is pretty fun to play
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★
    Bruh how is everyone saying cgr has no utility. He’s got more utility than cmm, and everyone use to praise her, her indestructible hardly lasts long . Cgr has two important immunities, higher block proficiency than doom, energy attacks, fate seal when duped (counters regen, buff control). Fate seal can be nice for times where mystics and nullify gets punished or countered. All it takes to finish a 300k fight is sp3 sp2 and a few hits.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    His damage is overhyped as it seems that’s all he has and it’s so powerful that utility doesn’t matter. Not the case, has some really solid utility to go with that damage. Dudes a beast in act 6 especially when awakened because he gains power control. His play style can be impractical at times though since it’s very heavily buff dependent and stun immune matchups aren’t ideal. I woulda went CGR in that nexus personally but storm px is still a really good pull. Great korg counter, high damage, shock resistant, and DOT is solid.
  • SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    Storm X is a great champion. I have her 6* at rank 3 and she is my go to mutant when I cannot just destroy someone with Magneto.

She works great for all evade champions and mix-master nodes. She makes the Korg mix-master fight in the AW really easy.

Great choice.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

Storm X is a great champion. I have her 6* at rank 3 and she is my go to mutant when I cannot just destroy someone with Magneto.

She works great for all evade champions and mix-master nodes. She makes the Korg mix-master fight in the AW really easy.

Great choice.

I’m looking forward to taking mine to r2 at least. I have a r3 Apoc waiting to pair them together when she’s ranked up. Now only if I can get ISO fast enough :(
  • rayden0122rayden0122 Posts: 5
    storm's sp2 has bunch of dmg but CGR will be better
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    CGR has utility

He is bleed immune
    He is incinerate immune
    Has lots of buffs including crits / fury
    Has power lock for a few seconds
    Has armor breaks

If duped he gets damination or whatever its called which heal blocks and fate seals.

He isnt just a full damage champ.

But I get what you mean. I have a r3 6* cgr myself aswell as a r5 duped on my other acc. But I still use him a lot
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    Don't underestimate CGRs vigilance, too. He has more utility than Storm.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    This post causes me anger. Doesn't like cgr, doesn't want a cgr....if only many people even had the option to get him. Dislike. You dont deserve anyone in that nexus
  • Skiddy212 said:

This post causes me anger. Doesn't like cgr, doesn't want a cgr....if only many people even had the option to get him. Dislike. You dont deserve anyone in that nexus

lol. why such vitriol? Everyone has their preferences.
    edited October 2021
    Skiddy212 said:

Didn't deserve anyone, hmm I thought I mentioned I picked Storm PX. Maybe I didn't but now you know. I have a r5 CGR that I don't remeber using in months. The last time was a lane in my Act 6 exploration and that was a while ago. So why would I pick a 6star version of that knowing very well I'm likely not gona use him? Meanwhile there's another champ with an interesting utility, will synergize well with the other champs I have and wants to know what others think of her. Yeah, it may be an unpopular choice but I don't think she's a bad champ nor even far off CGR.

His damage is overhyped as it seems that’s all he has and it’s so powerful that utility doesn’t matter. Not the case, has some really solid utility to go with that damage. Dudes a beast in act 6 especially when awakened because he gains power control. His play style can be impractical at times though since it’s very heavily buff dependent and stun immune matchups aren’t ideal. I woulda went CGR in that nexus personally but storm px is still a really good pull. Great korg counter, high damage, shock resistant, and DOT is solid.

Thanks, I'm surprise cos many think my choice was unthinkable to pick her over CGR.