**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Spite in the Summoner Showdown?

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
I know a bunch of people don’t care about the Summoner Showdown but still. Spite is one of the most RNG dependent nodes in the game. If the AI doesn’t comply u just die (that rhymes) and it’s rly stupid considering these are some of the best players of their regions. It’s not a game of skill if the opponent will throw an SP3 in the fight 75% of the time. Kabam this is my opinion so just hear me out, please fix this in 2022.

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

A passive Sasquatch + spite + wrath of Tannerq seems pretty impossible without a good counter

There are barely any counters. Maybe Vision AOU or Magik. Can u even play 5* only champions?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Yeah the ai of how its been with spite this years was trash its so hard to watch as its just watching sp3 over and over and its boring playing it and seeing that and its boring watching that, lasts years was a whole lot better ai was actually cooperative i hope they fix it before finals as screw watching finals if the ai is just that passive when we at this point of a competition where ai should actually be like the qualifier.
    Bendy said:

Yeah the ai of how its been with spite this years was trash its so hard to watch as its just watching sp3 over and over and its boring playing it and seeing that and its boring watching that, lasts years was a whole lot better ai was actually cooperative i hope they fix it before finals as screw watching finals if the ai is just that passive when we at this point of a competition where ai should actually be like the qualifier.

They said the nodes would be different for the finals. Hopefully it’s not worse
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Hopefully but ai probs wont change which is why spite sucked so much since the ai was hold block never throw anything
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Bendy said:

Hopefully they don't add the defensive node, the ai was already bad enough.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/YvgP6J_alb0

This was painful to watch, when you have a group of the most skilled players in the world, you kinda want a node combination to allow them to show off those skills, not to see who can last long enough without pushing to an Sp3..

Yeah. It was basically a game of who can bait specials faster. With the exception of a couple of players like swedeah doing really good sidesteps making Dave think he had removed dexterity
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

A passive Sasquatch + spite + wrath of Tannerq seems pretty impossible without a good counter

There are barely any counters. Maybe Vision AOU or Magik. Can u even play 5* only champions?
    Sm2099
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★
    Yup sometimes Dex pops up while sometimes it doesn't
    If you are unlucky
    You die to sp3

~ITNT
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yea I didn't enjoy this at all and neither did the competitors probably.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Sm2099
    I think SM99, Kitty & Nimrod aren't allowed in the showdown
    Which is absurd bcoz if SM99 isn't allowed then Peni shouldn't be either bcoz both came out in the same month
    Peni has no relevance in the showdown other than eating up a ban spot fr every player
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Malreck04 said:

Sm2099
    I think SM99, Kitty & Nimrod aren't allowed in the showdown
    Which is absurd bcoz if SM99 isn't allowed then Peni shouldn't be either bcoz both came out in the same month
    Peni has no relevance in the showdown other than eating up a ban spot fr every player
    ah, I was wondering why no one picked sm99 once for spite.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Last year was fun. This year was an SP3 fest. I really feel that tweaked the AI these past few months. Baiting feels significantly tedious than it was before.