**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red Mags vs Mags X

RexnSpikeRexnSpike Posts: 63
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just drew a 5* Red Mags.
I have a 6* R2 Mags X. He’s a mainstay in my gameplay for a number of reasons. He boosts the function of my whole team, generally b/c of who I fight with. He has a nice pre-fight feature. He’s completely bleed immune. Degens if can’t bleed someone. Armor breaks on SP1.

Does Mags Red do anything better at R5 than what I have in Mags X at R6?
I don’t want to spend resources on a champ who isn’t much different, but I haven’t played him so would love some feedback from players who know him pretty well.
Thanks.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Dude red mags is broken champ against metal champion....one sp3 and its game over... Havent you seen any videos on him lol...white mags is really good but he is nowhere close to red mags...red mags can bypass miss and auto-block against metal champions..he got insane and when i say insane i mean broken damage ... opponent suffers -105% regen so no healing for opponent....70% aa reduction and 50% perfect block chances ...5* rank 5 red mags >>>>white mags at rank 3
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Rank up your red mags and watch some videos on him....you'll thank me later
  • Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    Just took my red mags to rank 3. I debated it because he isn’t duped and his pi is so low but then came to my senses that he is one of the best and most op champs in the game.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    RexnSpike said:

Just drew a 5* Red Mags.
    I have a 6* R2 Mags X. He’s a mainstay in my gameplay for a number of reasons. He boosts the function of my whole team, generally b/c of who I fight with. He has a nice pre-fight feature. He’s completely bleed immune. Degens if can’t bleed someone. Armor breaks on SP1.

I don’t want to spend resources on a champ who isn’t much different, but I haven’t played him so would love some feedback from players who know him pretty well.
    Thanks.

White mags have some unique utility that even red mags or any champs don't have. if you want to tackle hard content, need damage dealer, need viable champ then white mags is pretty much very good answer for it

But if you want to absolutely crush hard content, make joke of end game bosses, wanna see insane damage, insane utility against metal champs or bleed immune champs ( pray that they aren't armor break immune) then believe me red mags is second to none. Against suitable matchups, he have highest burst SP3 in entire game. He will just make metal fights a joke

So in nutshell, white mags gave good synergy, nice prefight and good damage and immunity but he is not par with Red mags in terms of tankiness, damage and partial immunities. Red mags will carry you a lot in end game
  • Options
    RexnSpikeRexnSpike Posts: 63
    Thanks for the feedback. I’m interested in opinions from people who use him, so appreciate your take. I didn’t realize that he’s more tanky than Mags X & has incredible SP3 damage (Mags X SP3damage is meh).

I am really interested in what separates the two so am happy to hear about some differences between them. Mags X also owns metal champs (same magnetize ability?) so he’s a great counter to MODOK, Doom, and those pesky Tech mechs Ultron, Vision et al and other Mutants.

WRT to his SP3 damage, would you say he’s on par w/Havok for SP3 damage?
    Thanks again.

RexnSpike said:

Just drew a 5* Red Mags.

Thanks.

White mags have some unique utility that even red mags or any champs don't have. if you want to tackle hard content, need damage dealer, need viable champ then white mags is pretty much very good answer for it

But if you want to absolutely crush hard content, make joke of end game bosses, wanna see insane damage, insane utility against metal champs or bleed immune champs ( pray that they aren't armor break immune) then believe me red mags is second to none. Against suitable matchups, he have highest burst SP3 in entire game. He will just make metal fights a joke

So in nutshell, white mags gave good synergy, nice prefight and good damage and immunity but he is not par with Red mags in terms of tankiness, damage and partial immunities. Red mags will carry you a lot in end game