**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Glancing Counter

mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
I was just looking at the new champs and noticed Sersi has a glancing mechanism. If I'm not mistaken, that makes four champs with a glancing mechanic now (Sersi, CAIW, Storm-X, and Ant-Man).

So my question is...are there any true counters to that mechanic?

I don't believe True Strike/Damage/Accuracy or anything can negate glancing.

If I'm right that there's not a counter to it, isn't it time there should be? I think it's the only defensive ability that doesn't have a reliable counter.

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I agree. A champ who could counter glancing would be great
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Stryfe can glance too...
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a True Something that counters glance will pop up.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    AA mostly does
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,389 ★★★★★
    Yeah theres 0 counters to glancing mechanic as theres too many that glances now where we actually need a counter
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I mean technically quake works since you never touch the opponent…
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    General ability accuracy reduction works for glancing
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Blade' SP1 can't be glanced, at least the two projectiles: I don't know why, but it was really useful for that micro-reflect/stun immune ant-man in act 6 ^_^
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    @danielmath, you're not wrong, but it's dependent upon applying neurotoxins.

I guess hoping for an ability that's not dependent upon something else, cause if that defender were on some node that prevented bleed or poison, it wouldn't work. Likewise, if RNG is against you, you may never apply the bleeds cause of the offensive AAR against a glancing strike.

If I read Sersi right, her glancing mechanic is based on a buff, which means it could be nullified, but again, she could be placed on a node that prevents, or punishes, nullify.

@odishika123 good call. I forgot about him. That makes 5.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,109 ★★★★
    Doesn't crossbones get past glancing with furies up?
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@danielmath, you're not wrong, but it's dependent upon applying neurotoxins.

I guess hoping for an ability that's not dependent upon something else, cause if that defender were on some node that prevented bleed or poison, it wouldn't work. Likewise, if RNG is against you, you may never apply the bleeds cause of the offensive AAR against a glancing strike.

If I read Sersi right, her glancing mechanic is based on a buff, which means it could be nullified, but again, she could be placed on a node that prevents, or punishes, nullify.

@odishika123 good call. I forgot about him. That makes 5.

AA is immune to AAR
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    mgj0630 said:

I was just looking at the new champs and noticed Sersi has a glancing mechanism. If I'm not mistaken, that makes four champs with a glancing mechanic now (Sersi, CAIW, Storm-X, and Ant-Man).

So my question is...are there any true counters to that mechanic?

I don't believe True Strike/Damage/Accuracy or anything can negate glancing.

If I'm right that there's not a counter to it, isn't it time there should be? I think it's the only defensive ability that doesn't have a reliable counter.

The glancy is caused from a buff....use a neutralize champion and the game is done