Karnak's heavy and focus consumption

thanks4playingthanks4playing Member Posts: 805 ★★★
Here is the description:

There are at least 2 problems with this:
1. Against WS sp1, if you dash back and do light+heavy, it still consumes a Focus charge. This shouldn't be the case because WS is still recovering from his sp1 animation. This bug probably occurs in other sps so it'd be prudent for Kabam to run this interaction across their automated test cases so that the fix is applied wherever it is needed.
2. Karnak heavy spamming someone against the wall can use up Focus charges. If the AI is on the wall and blocking and Karnak uses a heavy, then it will use a Focus charge; if the AI is attempting to do a medium dash, then it won't use a Focus charge (so it's according to the text above). However, heavy spamming is a very useful tactic, so it's odd that Karnak should be penalized when using this tactic. It'd be simpler and clearer if heavies that are not applied on a stun do not consume Focus charges (i.e., the heavy only consumes a Focus charge if it is applied while the defender is stunned, e.g., from a parry).

This 2nd point might be more controversial, but with this heavy mechanic also in CB's kit (and potentially others, whether future abilities), I think Kabam should think through this a bit more carefully and implement it more consistently. Here is CB's wording:

In CB's situation, it's even more limited since he can't save a Fury buff if he uses his heavy to interrupt the defender's heavy. What is the point of having this mechanic different b/w both champs? I think for both, their heavies should not consume anything if it is done outside of a stun situation. Having this simple scenario would probably prevent bugs like the one mentioned above with WS's sp1 (and probably other sp animations).