**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there a Venompool fan club?

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
If so, I wanna join.

Late to the party, I suppose, but really liking this buff. Took my 6s to r2, and now want to take him to r3. Super versatile, has an easy rotation, and has a ton of utility. He's slower to ramp up damage-wise than other cosmic champs, but not by much. Best part -- really fun to play.

Great work, devs. The buff program rocks.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    If you had to do an elevator pitch on his uses and utility, what would you say? I've recently R2d mine for AW in case I run into any Peni defenders, but I want to go all the way to R3 (with 2 and a half Cosmic T5CC waiting to be used) if he's good enough. Venompool could be that next R3
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

If you had to do an elevator pitch on his uses and utility, what would you say? I've recently R2d mine for AW in case I run into any Peni defenders, but I want to go all the way to R3 (with 2 and a half Cosmic T5CC waiting to be used) if he's good enough. Venompool could be that next R3

He has regen and power gain, gains loads of buffs (useful on a lot of nodes), and can avoid recoil because he does so much bleed damage with his sp3. He can remove buffs from defenders, places degen on robots, has power gain, and cancels evade from Spidey champs. And he can stun with his sp2 if it's an intercept. And he does the moonwalk.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Red Venom fun. I took mine to r5, don't use him much but he's fun when I do.
  • I like my r3 venompool, he has his uses from time to time
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Please start one. I would definitely want to join.

I recently pulled VP, CGR, and Odin, and I picked VP for the first rankup after much thought/research. I think he'll bring the greatest value across AW and AQ (esp. with the new season on the way).

So far I'm liking him, but I'm not thrilled with the random buffs against spiderverse champs (I take the evade path in section 3 of m7).

On the one hand, I always thought that Venom is more useful than VP. On the other hand, I think VP is better for longer fights, which might coincide well with the current meta (more Peni bosses).

I don't know what I would do if I had a 6 star Venom. I'd probably rank Venom up first, and just use 1 for AQ and the other for AW.
  • KGW186KGW186 Posts: 171
    Immunity to power burn made him an MVP for me against Peni then also Nimrod, plus it’s so satisfying when you perform the SP2 intercept and get to watch that full moonwalk..

Also nice that doing that doubles your buffs I suppose :D
    KGW186 said:

Immunity to power burn made him an MVP for me against Peni then also Nimrod, plus it’s so satisfying when you perform the SP2 intercept and get to watch that full moonwalk..

Also nice that doing that doubles your buffs I suppose :D

Power burn immunity. I knew I was forgetting something.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    Don't sleep on his synergies. They make him even more versatile.

Also, he absolutely crushes some paths in act 7. That Regen is really strong.

I'll get my first cosmic t5cc soon, and I'm debating whether to rank him or CGR up. It think VP will benefit more.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    I’m in. Cosmic 1-2 from 7.3 was causing me heartburn until I started using my 6* VP. Now I love him. Mere shards away from another Cosmic T5 and he will join CGR at R3 on my roster.

I remember when he was introduced as a champ years ago and an old ally mate put up what was then a ridiculous score for him. Other than the newness of VP, I couldn’t figure it out. Now he’s absolutely worthwhile.

Dr. Zola
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Yes, a phenomenal champion. Have mine 6* r2 (twice dupped) and he is awesome! He has it all: buffs, regen, bleed, damage, health, just a perfect champ. Plus he has a learning curve in timing the SP2 intercept
    Kerneas said:

Yes, a phenomenal champion. Have mine 6* r2 (twice dupped) and he is awesome! He has it all: buffs, regen, bleed, damage, health, just a perfect champ. Plus he has a learning curve in timing the SP2 intercept

I find that I don't always get the stun from that intercept, even when it looks like it should have. Tricky timing.

Kerneas said:

I find that I don't always get the stun from that intercept, even when it looks like it should have. Tricky timing.
    My strategy is to dash back as far as I can and wait for the AI to dash in. Ofc it cant have an SP, else you'll get smacked. But the longer distance ensures you can intercept and its dash won't end.

The tricky part imo is, that your HIT must be landed while the AI is dashing at you. It isn't enough to THROW the SP2 while it speeds towards you.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I have a 6*, will he need to be duped, I find him good even unduped though
    Krishna24 said:

I have a 6*, will he need to be duped, I find him good even unduped though

It is useful but by far not necessary. The ideal sig: you want it, it helps and makes him better, but undupped he works really well and has no limitations
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

If so, I wanna join.

Late to the party, I suppose, but really liking this buff. Took my 6s to r2, and now want to take him to r3. Super versatile, has an easy rotation, and has a ton of utility. He's slower to ramp up damage-wise than other cosmic champs, but not by much. Best part -- really fun to play.

Yes join the fan club here

Sign in the right bottom there and pay $80,000 as lifetime membership fees.

Every week we will collect additional $5000 for publicity donation
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Apart from that
    Yes venompool looks great, I'm still chasing him

If so, I wanna join.

Yes join the fan club here

Sign in the right bottom there and pay $80,000 as lifetime membership fees.

Every week we will collect additional $5000 for publicity donation
    Kabam marketing employee confirmed.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

He has regen and power gain, gains loads of buffs (useful on a lot of nodes), and can avoid recoil because he does so much bleed damage with his sp3. He can remove buffs from defenders, places degen on robots, has power gain, and cancels evade from Spidey champs. And he can stun with his sp2 if it's an intercept. And he does the moonwalk.
    Well I know why I'm ranking him up now...

More seriously, thanks! Backing up a lot of thoughts I had on him already, plus the immunity to power burn/drain and shock against Tech champs. A lot to think about, but with one T5CC reserved indefinitely for Herc I have one and a half spare, and it's VP or unduped Sufer. I will continue my testing!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Pro tip for his sp2 stun.

If you are proficient with ghost, MLL dash back method then do the same with VP but throw your special instead.
    Jaded said:

If you are proficient with ghost, MLL dash back method then do the same with VP but throw your special instead.

Just to make sure I get this, you mean MLL, dashback, throw sp2, right? Or skip the dashback? Thanks.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

Jaded said:

Just to make sure I get this, you mean MLL, dashback, throw sp2, right? Or skip the dashback? Thanks.
    Dash back, just like with ghost they’ll run after you. The more aggressive the AI the easier it is to do.