**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is the sq gated

Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
Gating with ikris and sersi just forces us to use 2 champs per path instead of the 3 … unless someone whales out buys all the preview bundles grinds in arenas obtains the needed champ ranks them up to a usable rank … untill then its literally 2 champs for the whole quest … am i missing something or its just bad design

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Bawa69 said:

And the excessive health pools in legendary is another thing since last month… sqs are supposed to be short and fun not long and laborous … also last month the rewards were at least worth the labor this month is just bleh

Maybe u r not ready for it
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Decent rewards (certainly can be alot worse) and the fights aren't that difficult if you know what your doing.
    Personally I just hate the weekly event release, gotta squeeze out runtimes I guess
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    if you aint got a duped mags this isnt the SQ for you even for boss mags is useless
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★

if you aint got a duped mags this isnt the SQ for you even for boss mags is useless

I had zero issues against Guilly ‘99 using Mags.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 337 ★★
    I used torch and vtd nd still used zero revives.pretty easy if u know what u doing
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The problematic fights for me were Ultron and Nimrod. Let's say with Ultron you can manage to get his rotation, haven't encountered him much after his buff. But Nimrod couldn't do revive-less... And this month's EQ is also more difficult than usual, if you don't want to spend units for revives because...cyber weekend, (the mere 5 ones from comp are already gone till 2.1) it's almost impossible to 100% explore itemless.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    2 champs are more than enough. The entire path leading up to the boss is just food for Magneto. I used Longshot for the boss, and the Nimrod on the path to the right
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Nimrod - Medusa or Cull destroy him. Venom or Hyperion are really good too. I imagine that buffed nebula will shred as well. Push him to his SP2, evade or parry the 3 hits (very easy). I think people have just gotten too used to relying on Magneto for everything metal. Before his buff, we had to rely on other armor break champs and a little skill. Not dawging on anyone, but the expectation to streamroll everything with a primary counter (which you can basically do for this challenge with magneto and corvus) is pretty crazy. Yeah it's a side quest, but an occassional challenge shouldn't warrant a complaint. None of these fights are completely specific or intolerable - just need to use some alternative options and some old school fighting techniques. For the rest of it, cheese out with magneto and corvus (rising sun - build up those furies and smash an l2).
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    One Red Mag is enough. I soloed all paths with him alone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I'm feeling somewhat the same as the OP. I don't mind bringing Sersi and Ikarus. They gave them to us. It's the amped-up Legendary. Literally no need for it.
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    CGR was my MVP for this week’s run. 5 cosmic judgements = Damnation, fire off SP2, repeat and destroy.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Whats so hard about the SQ?
    Even with 1 champ the fights can be done itemless.

Its nice that you get to bring 3 champs, so 1 for the gate and 1 backup incase you mess up..jist bring ur 3stars foe the gate and your champ to clear all. Totally do-able

Rewards are great for little effort required.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its 4 fights and the 2 gated paths have buffs for attackers...
    Honestly its not hard to do with the right counter.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The only reason having an Ikarus or Sersi gate, especially in SQ (since SQ is supposed to be the FUN monthly quest) is if they serve a gameplay purpose. If they had some sort of an ability like Prof X synergy or a node something, affecting attackers or defenders. Now, they're just baggage for higher difficulties.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Took in Corvus, Proxima, and Sersi/Ika.

Used Corvus for every single fight on every difficulty.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Bawa69 said:

Gating with ikris and sersi just forces us to use 2 champs per path instead of the 3 … unless someone whales out buys all the preview bundles grinds in arenas obtains the needed champ ranks them up to a usable rank … untill then its literally 2 champs for the whole quest … am i missing something or its just bad design

I'm guessing it's a promotional thing. They want players to rank up the 3 stars (which is part of the objectives) and then actually use them on the lower difficulty to test them out. But this is just a guess. As for the event as a whole... I don't think it's bad. I like that you only have to explore it once per week. And (have not read) I'm assuming if it follows previous patterns, the rewards will scale each week? Not sure though.. but even if not, it's 5k 6 shards.. which is.. ok, but not amazing.
  • The SQ is super easy for those of us with large rosters. That's who legendary is catered to is for those with large rosters, but still, it is super easy. I used 1 revive to explore this week's SQ simply because I was too lazy to restart, and I could have done it itemless if I played it smarter.