**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does the Cosmic class have enough to unseat Mutants as the best class?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
For awhile now, Mutants have been the best class, with high powered options and versatile utility. A team consisting of entirely Mutants could take you very far. The addition of Kitty Pryde this year has further contributed to this trend.

This year, we've seen a number of Cosmics added, with the only outright bad one being Super-Skrull. Herc alone seems to be transcendent, but Odin has picked up steam, and the new champions of Knull / Sersi / Ikaris all seem like they have great kits.

Does the Cosmic class have enough to unseat Mutants as the best class? 135 votes

Cosmic > Mutant
5%
KillerBee_samaGildenlowStevieManWonderEwell65SSS69Draconic_12Cmarotextorix 7 votes
Mutant > Cosmic
80%
LeNoirFaineantBitterSteelWorld EaterRaganatorSaiyanbenshbDrenlinzuffyTristanSpeedbumpfmussapGK_23thanks4playingbm3eppsThatGuyYouSaw235ScholiatntslArkhamButcherShivanshutusharNair 109 votes
Mutant == Cosmic
9%
buffajrarsjumRockyshockybrahimpi99kubricknolanIronGladiator22NotoriousAdayPtkVascoMarshMarloKostaschaniaCiedreOddkinsons7Shivacrux 13 votes
Your premise is flawed, as (Science, Mystic, Skill, Tech) is the Best Class.
4%
Drake2078TerraCassyRiptideNalak8NimsKetchum 6 votes

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Mutant > Cosmic
    The cosmic class is not yet close to challenging the science class talk more of mutants mostly because their utilities are interchangeable while mutant has a lot of unique utilities.
    The only truly game changing champions released this year are Hercules and Odin. Sersi has no utility, Ikaris has 2 immunities, can stack incenerates and do big specials, nothing special about that. I don't think you can find up to a dozen incenerate and shock lanes from Act 6 - 7, his incenerates are basically for heal reversal and big specials are common as dirt. His immunities are unique in the game since Super Skrull is the only other champion with that combination but there's no node I can think of where you need that specific combination.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Your premise is flawed, as (Science, Mystic, Skill, Tech) is the Best Class.
    Mystic
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

As long as Apocalypse and Magneto exists then mutants will continue to dominate all other classes!

Medusa and odin exist….
    Those two don’t come anywhere close.

Also, the person you replied to forgot to list Archangel, how would you counter that?
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 656 ★★★
    Mutant > Cosmic
    Drake2078 said:

Mystic

Lmao bruh what it doesn't even have that many good champs
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Unio77 said:

As long as Apocalypse and Magneto exists then mutants will continue to dominate all other classes!

Medusa and odin exist….

Also, the person you replied to forgot to list Archangel, how would you counter that?
    What @ThatGuyYouSaw235 said.

Btw you know I’m messing around right?
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Unio77 said:

Medusa and odin exist….

Btw the cosmic class is more so a brute force type class rather than DOT. Like how mystic got power control, tech utility, science their debuffs, skill their crits, and mutant a little bit of everything. Muuant is probably the best but I definitely favor cosmic more.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Mutant > Cosmic
    Nodes and node interactions are so complex that there can really not be any class>class, especially in late game content

Edit: forgot I voted mutant lol
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    Mutant > Cosmic
    Give me any node and i will name a mutant who can counter it.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Mutant > Cosmic
    Diablord said:

Stellar Pulse
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I have all of them, mutants and cosmics (except Kitty). Combined, they make up more than half my r3's. But when i go into a quest who do I pick : Ghost.
    So this "whats the best class" debate is kinda pointless. Same like "who's best champ" debate. It's not ghost, she has her weaknesses.
    Mutants rarely make their way on my quest teams. It's ghost, doom/claire, torch, falcon/shangchi, nf, corvus, warlock..you get the idea.
    Mutant > Cosmic

Diablord said:

Stellar Pulse
    bruh
    Red mags if opponent is metal

• Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

Diablord said:

Stellar Pulse
    Cheeky response. But I’d take top mutants doing stellar pulse over top cosmics doing X-gene.

Cosmic and mystic might be similar tier. I’d go Mutant.. Science.. Skill, Mystic, Cosmic… Tech
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Mutant > Cosmic
    Tru100 said:

Diablord said:

Stellar Pulse
    Cheeky response. But I’d take top mutants doing stellar pulse over top cosmics doing X-gene.

Cosmic and mystic might be similar tier. I’d go Mutant.. Science.. Skill, Mystic, Cosmic… Tech
    Mags against metal , Prof X, ramped up Stryfe, Apoc with Stryfe synergy all have enough damage to make stellar pulse nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Mutant > Cosmic

Diablord said:

Stellar Pulse
    He can't exactly counter it but I always use AA in 50% reductions where no immunity anyway coz his damage is enough even halved.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Diablord said:

Not a single nide but a fight in act 6.1

Split atom, caustic temper hurt locker, sp2 bias , Doctor strange
    Mutant > Cosmic

Diablord said:

Apoc+Stryfe and that professor x synergy that give 70% poison resistance.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Mutant > Cosmic

Diablord said:

Would take a long time, but horseman cable can probably do it, especially with white mags poison resist synergy and Prof x cerebro charges built up on the start of the lane, as he shrugs off the poisons after a certain number.

I mean I couldn't do it, but sure swedeah or similar could!