**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back Issues #8: Deadpoolooza!

Comments

• Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Are the 3->4 rank-up gems for 2018+ champs?
  • How will the old players 4* red Deadpool’s stack up. Useable at all? Lol
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    This pool looks tiny compared to other variants. Not looking too great but I'll see once it goes live
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

Who *is* this content aimed at? Uncollected? Cavalier players? Either of those groups, if they've already completed the previous 7 variants, would ALSO think these rewards were outdated.

Up the difficulty if you have to, but a person who is now looking to complete Variant 8 has next to ZERO uses for most of those rewards, in particular the 5* shards and low-end rank up gems. Those 2017 rank up gems are particularly inexcusable for anyone who has completed the prior Variants.

Please Kabam, just outline who your "ideal target audience" is for this content and what their current level of progression is.

Doesn’t answer all your questions, but those gems are advertised to be used on champs after 2017.

Dr. Zola
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Ahhh…good times. Our old friend the Cowardly Disagree Troll returns to litter the thread with negativity without even a peep from the mods.

Maybe Kabam Thrillson is man enough to pierce the anonymity and take his thread back…

Dr. Zola

Yup. 2 disagrees on my pictures above just saying I’m ready regardless of my previous comments lol.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

Rewards are weak for state of game

This isn't endgame content anymore either. If you're looking for T6B and T3A, ask Carina for a new Challenge!
    If that's really the case, then the difficulty should reflect that no? There have been some fights and paths in these variants lately that are TOUGH without a proper (and limited) counter. So if it's truly not end game content then it shouldn't be Act 6 level difficulty.
    I took both my accounts through variant 7 in two weeks. 1-2 champs were able to ace large portions of each chapter. Being able to 100% chapters for extra gems is a big deal for people broadening a 5-star roster.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Sounds fun. I have a decent roster for this.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Who *is* this content aimed at? Uncollected? Cavalier players? Either of those groups, if they've already completed the previous 7 variants, would ALSO think these rewards were outdated.

Up the difficulty if you have to, but a person who is now looking to complete Variant 8 has next to ZERO uses for most of those rewards, in particular the 5* shards and low-end rank up gems. Those 2017 rank up gems are particularly inexcusable for anyone who has completed the prior Variants.

Please Kabam, just outline who your "ideal target audience" is for this content and what their current level of progression is.

Act 5 players. Cause rewards are almost same. Just 2 extra r4 gems r5 gem 1 t5b and the t5c. And as they say not towards end game players. And rewards are near same as act 5. There shouldn’t be any fight over 200k in health and no fight with 10k+ attack. As we all know those fights are geared towards end game players. But who I kidding. Those fight be in there
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

This isn't endgame content anymore either. If you're looking for T6B and T3A, ask Carina for a new Challenge!
    If that's really the case, then the difficulty should reflect that no? There have been some fights and paths in these variants lately that are TOUGH without a proper (and limited) counter. So if it's truly not end game content then it shouldn't be Act 6 level difficulty.
    I took both my accounts through variant 7 in two weeks. 1-2 champs were able to ace large portions of each chapter. Being able to 100% chapters for extra gems is a big deal for people broadening a 5-star roster.
    Both accounts at what progression level? I recently finished V6 exploration but there are some paths and fights that need really niche counters - The thorns path, DDHK boss, Vision Aarkus, Bishop, Nova. Mr. Fantastic on rising sun and some others I've forgotten. No new cav is going to have the roster for 100% Hell I know some TB still looking for a thorns counter because they don't have Mags, OR, Stryfe or Electro. DDHK boss requires Mags, Apoc, Ultron or OR.
    Another thing is that a veteran player on a mini account is a completely different thing from a new player with a similar account. The skill and knowledge levels are miles apart. I can probably do the complete Act 5 timelessly with 3* or 4*. A new player most likely won't likely be able to do so.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

For how easy variants are these days, probably too good of rewards.
    Easy for a TB or veteran cav with wide rosters and experience. For people who this content is aimed at, it's probably not easy especially since the usable pool is small.
    Also, even as a TB, the new variants aren't easier, I found V3 and 4 completion and exploration easier. The champions are older and the nodes easier. V5, 6 and 7 have newer champions with harder to evade specials, higher attack values and newer "fun and interactive nodes"