**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is the strategy/counter against Nimrod?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
When he was a boss in Cav EQ, I just brute forced him with my entire team. Since he has now popped up in one of the lanes for the Side Quests, I thought I'd ask what the strategy for him should be.

From what I could tell, you can't just Magneto him or Cosmic champ him (since he ignores armor breaks). His SP2 seems easier to dex than SP1. But, he has Unstoppable buffs and Special Locks and Shocks to deal with.

What is the playstyle against him? What are good champions to counter him?

Comments

• SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    altavista said:

When he was a boss in Cav EQ, I just brute forced him with my entire team. Since he has now popped up in one of the lanes for the Side Quests, I thought I'd ask what the strategy for him should be.

From what I could tell, you can't just Magneto him or Cosmic champ him (since he ignores armor breaks). His SP2 seems easier to dex than SP1. But, he has Unstoppable buffs and Special Locks and Shocks to deal with.

What is the playstyle against him? What are good champions to counter him?

honestly, I just corvus him. I only need 1 or 2 charges and I easily took him down in the SQ.
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    surprisingly, i took him down with silver centurion.
    He has slow so nimrod can not become unstoppable.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

I had overlooked Corvus because I was worried that the Armor break immunity and Crit resistance would make that a long fight, but good to know he still works.

Good suggestion on Slow champions.
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    altavista said:

I had overlooked Corvus because I was worried that the Armor break immunity and Crit resistance would make that a long fight, but good to know he still works.

Good suggestion on Slow champions.

honestly, and this is my opinion, but Corvus' armor breaks on parry is not helpful against nimrod. Against explosive personality, BPCW, and Red skull( and more I forgot) absolutely amazing, but not against nimrod.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Venompool obliterates that guy and will stay at full yellow bar, as long as you know how to dex his specials. Bring a mutant with you and VP will be even better ^_*
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I still just use Medusa, he negates the Armor Break Damage but Armor Shatter still shuts down his Power and Abilities.