**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Proposal For The Perfect Green Goblin Buff

Good_looksGood_looks Posts: 15
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
INTRODUCTION
Green Goblin is my favorite champion in MCOC. His animations are fantastic and he has some of the most visually satisfying special attacks in the game. And having his eyes change colour depending on his stacks of madness and cunning is a very nice detail. However, Green Goblin is a champion that is in desperate need of a buff. It can’t be an increase to his numbers, or a tune up. His current set of abilities is so unfun to play and needs to be completely changed for people to enjoy playing this champion.

OVERVIEW
This is my proposal for an appropriate and effective buff for Green Goblin, and it is very straightforward: Give him some consistent utility, more power gain, and some big yellow crits on his specials. The biggest thing is that the final hit for the special attacks needs to be a guaranteed crit, with a large boost to crit damage. I have taken some inspiration from Doctor Doom, X-23, Spider-Man (symbiote) and a few other champs in coming up with this idea. The structure of this buff is relatively simple and user friendly, so many newer players would be able to pick this guy up and immediately be able to use him well.

To add consistency and increase utility, the special 1 should apply a slow debuff and the lasers should always burn 40% of a bar of power per laser. This will make him an effective power gain, unstoppable and evade counter. The addition of incinerates coincides with the afterburner on his glider and his iconic pumpkin bombs and lines up to provide great additional damage and power gain.

The “Goblin’s Wrath” mechanic is the main source of damage for this buff. During this mode, the final pumpkin bomb in special attacks is a guaranteed crit, and gains a large amount of crit damage rating. If the champion is awakened, then attacking an opponent that is incinerated will increase Green Goblin’s offensive power gain up to 100% and reduce the opponent’s power gained from being hit by special attacks by up to 50% These changes will allow for a great increase in special attacks and provide a rewarding and fun gameplay experience with appropriate damage. This also has excellent parallels to most other media featuring the Green Goblin, as he is always doing great maneuvers on his glider while constantly hurdling bombs at his enemies

ABILITIES

Goblin’s Wrath - Passive
- Goblin’s Wrath is paused during special attacks
- Incinerate damage increases by 100%
- The final pumpkin bomb in special attacks hit is a guaranteed crit and gains + 3000 crit damage rating

Heavy Attacks
- Afterburner applies an incinerate debuff that deals 50% of heavy attack damage over 15 seconds

SP1
- Enter Goblin’s Wrath for 15 seconds. This will not trigger if Goblin’s Wrath is already active.
- First hit applies a 15 second slow debuff
- Laser blasts burn 40% of a bar of power per hit

SP2
- Afterburner (second and third hits) each apply incinerates dealing 50% of hit damage
- Final pumpkin bomb refreshes the duration of all incinerate debuffs

SP3
- Enter Goblin’s Wrath for 30 seconds
- Apply an armour break reducing armour by 2000 for 20 seconds

Awakened Ability (Goblin’s Madness)

While in Goblin’s Wrath and opponent is incinerated
- Basic hits excluding heavy attacks gain up to (0.5% - 100%) increased power gain
- Special attacks give the opponent (0.25% - 50%) less power

When incinerate is prevented by an immunity
- Inflict a stacking armour break reducing opponent armour rating by (250-1500) for 15 seconds

CLOSING THOUGHTS
To the moderators, I would sincerely appreciate it if these suggestions could be forwarded to the developers in charge of champion reworks. I have been playing since launch and I have put a lot into this game. I just want to see my favourite champion get the treatment he deserves, and not get another satisfying buff like Guillotine or Nova. I understand that the developers may already have something in mind for a Green Goblin buff, but this would easily be the best outcome for the character. His power level would be much closer to the level of Guardian, Stark Spider-Man or Ultron. I have experience in software development and frankly, the programming of these abilities are fairly straightforward and would not require an extensive amount of time to develop. I would program it myself if Kabam would let me. And to everyone else, please let me know what you guys think of this proposal, and please let me hear all your critiques and improvements!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments