**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Passive Arena AI

I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★

I believe I holded it till professor x no longer could hold his breadth while flying

Comments

• unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    DrZola said:

For me it’s everywhere. I find the ritual dash in/swipeback multiple times exhausting and likely to catch me at the outer edge of my hit box with a “mistimed” dex.

It’s frustrating. An open discussion about the AI behavior and whether it has actually been changed would be welcome.

Dr. Zola

Do you find the AI's aggressiveness the same in 4*,5*,6* arenas or do they differ?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

For me it’s everywhere. I find the ritual dash in/swipeback multiple times exhausting and likely to catch me at the outer edge of my hit box with a “mistimed” dex.

It’s frustrating. An open discussion about the AI behavior and whether it has actually been changed would be welcome.

Dr. Zola

Do you find the AI's aggressiveness the same in 4*,5*,6* arenas or do they differ?
    I don’t run all the arenas, but in the Sunday arena as well as the featured 6*, it seems to come and go in waves. There are times when fights are super quick, but in others it appears the AI has more of a reluctance to throw specials at all.

In arena in particular, I don’t think this passivity should be the case beyond the initial streak setting fights. Arena isn’t done for the interaction or challenge—it’s more of a rote mode done to build BCs and score.

Personally, unless it’s part of a complete and total arena overhaul, I don’t welcome changes like this if they are meant to make arena more “interesting.”

Dr. Zola
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    It is probably a tweak to minimize the impact of Parry/Dex. It works in my favor. I used to get crushed after a failed parry/dex.