**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

I get that, and I see where you’re coming from. But 6 hours work for 2k units is stretching that to the extreme.

If I need to do an abyss path on my main, I need to grind arena for weeks, or even months depending on how much time you have. But now, just load up 2 new accounts and in a few days you have the units to smash out a path no sweat.

You wanna progress in act 6? Just grind out units and transfer the revives and energy refills to your main. No need to actually put in effort there, who cares if you die, just revive with the 100 revives you just transferred to your main.

The issue with this is that it shifts the balance of where it’s worth it to put your time.

Before this change to early acts, there was a balance between the effort you put in on your main to get resources, and the effort you would put in on an alt. The effort/rewards ratio was such that you would only really make an alt if you had the extra time after playing your main.

This change makes that ratio swing so hard on the wrong direction, that rewards are so easy to get on an alt, so that what’s the point playing your main? You put in 6 hours of work on your main right now and let me know how many units you get. Maybe a few hundred? Now do it on an alt, and roll in the 2k units. Not to mention it’s less soul sucking.

Now, the balance is so off-kilter that you may as well not play your main much at all, and spend all your time you would spend on your main grinding out alts. Because why bother with the Cav EQ, when you could get 2k units and gift yourself whatever rewards you would get.
    That is the time that you have to pay, sacrifice your main to play on the alts. Either way somewhere is going to lack.

6 hours for 2k units if payed for would be a little under $12-$13 USD an hour. It's no different you either pay with your time or money.

Technically you could do the Abyss and wait 11 months to do it , but as you know the game moves fast and most likely not even worth it anymore to 100%, but if you did, that means you would have to wait that long as well as have your main account worked on to even complete it.

We all know the revives spots that take maybe 1 week to have enough revives for a run of abyss , you can see plenty of videos of people doing just that.

I do understand you saying that reward ratio is higher , but some people who create alts just to have a new experience are not doing that.

To sum up my point , you don't have to play your main if you want. If your sole objective is to open 6* shards every December, then you should play the game how you want.

This also indicates that Kabam has done a good job of getting players quicker into the game.
    Ok, I'll take another angle. Do you think there is a point, where there is a value of units someone could grind and gift themselves that becomes too much?

You seem to be arguing the notion that if it is in the game, and if someone can feasibly grind it without breaking TOS, that it doesn't matter on the amount. In that case, take it to an extreme for me. Right now someone can grind for 6 hours and get 2k units, what if it was 4k, or 10k? Do you agree that there is a point where that becomes too much?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

I get that, and I see where you’re coming from. But 6 hours work for 2k units is stretching that to the extreme.

If I need to do an abyss path on my main, I need to grind arena for weeks, or even months depending on how much time you have. But now, just load up 2 new accounts and in a few days you have the units to smash out a path no sweat.

You wanna progress in act 6? Just grind out units and transfer the revives and energy refills to your main. No need to actually put in effort there, who cares if you die, just revive with the 100 revives you just transferred to your main.

The issue with this is that it shifts the balance of where it’s worth it to put your time.

Before this change to early acts, there was a balance between the effort you put in on your main to get resources, and the effort you would put in on an alt. The effort/rewards ratio was such that you would only really make an alt if you had the extra time after playing your main.

This change makes that ratio swing so hard on the wrong direction, that rewards are so easy to get on an alt, so that what’s the point playing your main? You put in 6 hours of work on your main right now and let me know how many units you get. Maybe a few hundred? Now do it on an alt, and roll in the 2k units. Not to mention it’s less soul sucking.

Now, the balance is so off-kilter that you may as well not play your main much at all, and spend all your time you would spend on your main grinding out alts. Because why bother with the Cav EQ, when you could get 2k units and gift yourself whatever rewards you would get.
    6 hours for 2k units if payed for would be a little under $12-$13 USD an hour. It's no different you either pay with your time or money.
    This is probably one of the dumbest things I’ve read today. You did not just say working a job is the same as doing act 1-3 on new accounts
    Okay. I give up, if you don't want to see my perspective.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

That is the time that you have to pay, sacrifice your main to play on the alts. Either way somewhere is going to lack.

Technically you could do the Abyss and wait 11 months to do it , but as you know the game moves fast and most likely not even worth it anymore to 100%, but if you did, that means you would have to wait that long as well as have your main account worked on to even complete it.

We all know the revives spots that take maybe 1 week to have enough revives for a run of abyss , you can see plenty of videos of people doing just that.

I do understand you saying that reward ratio is higher , but some people who create alts just to have a new experience are not doing that.

To sum up my point , you don't have to play your main if you want. If your sole objective is to open 6* shards every December, then you should play the game how you want.

This also indicates that Kabam has done a good job of getting players quicker into the game.
    Ok, I'll take another angle. Do you think there is a point, where there is a value of units someone could grind and gift themselves that becomes too much?

You seem to be arguing the notion that if it is in the game, and if someone can feasibly grind it without breaking TOS, that it doesn't matter on the amount. In that case, take it to an extreme for me. Right now someone can grind for 6 hours and get 2k units, what if it was 4k, or 10k? Do you agree that there is a point where that becomes too much?
    That's a good question. I can't answer that because it's not in the game. However , I can tell you I thought the farm revive in early act that never disappeared was a little too much. Maybe if it was closer to 6k units my perspective would change.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    If they are concerned, one possible solution would be to add progression levels to the ggcs based on the sender so the new accounts would be sending out conqueror level resources.

If they are concerned, one possible solution would be to add progression levels to the ggcs based on the sender so the new accounts would be sending out conqueror level resources.

I have always found it weird that a new account can get something with a pretty decent chance for a 6*.

This is a really good idea, I think that would solve the GGCs problem, and therefore a large part of the whole issue. But revives, refills and other items which couldn't be gated like a GGC by progression would still be an issue.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

I have always found it weird that a new account can get something with a pretty decent chance for a 6*.

This is a really good idea, I think that would solve the GGCs problem, and therefore a large part of the whole issue. But revives, refills and other items which couldn't be gated like a GGC by progression would still be an issue.
    Pretty good start, but this doesn't fix the botters.

Personally, I hope Kabam says little to nothing about botters, and let the botters gift themselves and their customers. Then, after gifting event ends, just ban them.
    edited November 2021
    Zan0 said:

Stop it from being a gifting event and turn it into a trading event. Boom 3 birds killed with 1 stone. No more kids getting scammed, no more botting on new accounts and no more new account gifting in general

As in you can only gift something if the other person gives the same (or similar) amount of units? Hmm, I'm not sure on that one, doesn't it kind of get rid of the whole gifting spirit of christmas?

What about wanting to send an alliance mate a gift or two, or people sending youtubers gifts. I dont know, I always liked that aspect of the gifting event. Amidst all the fraud, cheating and scams it was the one wholesome part of the event

This isn't any issue whatsoever. Not to mention, nowhere near to be consider an exploit.

Even if the event remains the same, it wouldn't matter any much. The event has been bad and broken ever since it got released anyway.

For the unit farm, this has been the case for the last couple of years. It just now became a little faster to do so. So theres no need for any change, and there won't be honestly

-it's been possible to farm in the past
    -it's just faster now

So if it was changed again in future so that you could get 20k units in an hour, would that still be ok? I mean, by the logic you've given it should be.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    DRTO said:

DRTO said:

I see how it's an exploit, however I really don't think it's that big of an issue. I mean 6 hours is a big time commitment, a lot of players have full time jobs, families, and other hobbies outside of the game. Imagine you work a 9-5, start the new account grind right as you get home, you finish at 11 assuming you get no breaks. Now how many people actually have time to do that? Also how many people have 3 or more devices to play the game on? I get an iPhone and iPad but what else? I doubt a significant majority of the game actually has more devices than that.

Now there are big time grinders that could and would realistically do the 45 day, 3 device new account grind, but I can't imagine that many people do it that it significantly affects the balance of the game. Now you could argue that the top tier players in the top alliances will do it and it could affect the gifting event rankings, but these alliances already spend thousands of dollars fighting for the top spots for this event, so how much of a difference will this exploit really cause?

That's just my opinion if you have a different view I'd love to hear it cause maybe I'm not seeing it. But personally I don't think this really affects 90%+ of the player base, and quite frankly having multiple accounts is something I don't really think needs to be restricted.

I think BG's example of 280k units was unhelpful, because of course, barely anyone (if any) is going to do 3 devices a day for 45 days. And as a result, many people saw that and just thought "eh, nobody will do that, so what's the problem?" But even an hour or 2 a day can be pretty bad for the game. How much time do you spend playing your main a day? Grinding arena, Cav EQ, even War or AQ? A couple hours probably.

Now transform that into time you now spend making alts, even just 2 hours a day can get you around 30k units going by BG's numbers of 6 hours to make 2k units.
    That's a fair point, but what's the difference of someone doing that and then someone creating a new account, buying an odin and then using those units to trade. The way I see it it's jsut the free to play version of that. Also it only affects the gifting event, which in general can be account changing for most players so just doing the work yourself seems fine to me.
    Agree
    Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

This is probably one of the dumbest things I’ve read today. You did not just say working a job is the same as doing act 1-3 on new accounts
    Okay. I give up, if you don't want to see my perspective.
    I definitely see what you are saying but it’s like you are not worried at all about game balance. Being able to easily get ridiculous amounts of units for free will just lower kabams revenue. There is no chance they’ll just let this slide. And if they do we’ll have a game that’s getting shut down. Is that what you want?
    I am not concerned about game balance when the effort and time required are so significant, and the gifting event only comes around once a year.

Kabam has been letting this slide since the beginning of time.

I don't want the game to shut down no. However, I don't see this as an event that will put Kabam out of business.
    Yes but this update has only come into effect now, so it doesn't matter if Kabam let it slide since the beginning of time - the situation has changed.

You have no idea the effect 30k easily accessible units for 2 hours a day could have on the game economy, and neither do I. Kabam probably have the best idea based on data, but I think we can categorically agree that it is no small thing, and it is not something to brush off
This discussion has been closed.