**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guardian/Enhanced SP1 node question

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Is the Enhanced SP1 node meant to override Guardian's ability against UB specials (while having a charge active) against Mutants, or is this an error. It's whatever either way, just wondering.

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Please explain any disagrees, point of the post is to obtain information:) Thanks
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Is that a 100% chance to block the specials?
    His abilities say that he has 75% chance to auto block the specials. No % is mentioned about blocking unblockable specials.

If we assume it is 100% chance, then IMO the node should not affect it, he should be able to block the special as long as he has an active charge.

I have a 5* r5 Guardian and can try this out.
    edited November 2021
    Do you have a place where I can test this? @hungryhungrybbq

Edit - Never mind, I found a spot and he didn't block the special. Fight was against Stryfe.
    edited November 2021
    @Kabam Miike Is this a bug or a known interaction?

Guardian does not block unblockable specials from mutants if it is on the Enhanced SP1 node. Thanks.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Do you have a video? It’s easier to spot what might have gone wrong that way
    Riptide said:

@Riptide Here's the short clip. If you need the full video, let me know.

http://imgur.com/a/l6Mqlfq
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
    Hey there - while I’m not sure why this is happening, I do want to say that it’s happening to mole man as well.

I have 2 points in stand your ground, and against bubble shield, I can block unblockable attacks for all attacks. However in the October side quest I simply couldn’t block sym spidey’ sp1. I posted it on here a few weeks ago with GIFs as well.

This has happened other times as well. I believe it’s just an interaction with the node, maybe the ability isn’t talking to the node properly and it’s only abilities? Not really sure. But either way it definitely should work.
    edited November 2021
    Riptide said:

Sadly, no. I almost always record my war footage and post to my channel (for fun/ability to review and learn), but I didn't this war. As for a description of what happened, it was Guardian attacking Kitty on node 51 (tier 3). Was able to salvage the fight, but ate one to the face because I was expecting him to be able to block/parry the entire special attack according to his kit description. After eating one, I then started playing according to the normal rules of Enhanced SP1, it just seems weird though, yeah? Like, his ability works against unblockable specials that trigger due to character abilities, but not node abilities?

Oh, for reference, this is the line of text I'm referring to.