**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A Different Perspective (After Some Thought)

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
So disclaimer ... I've been around the gaming industry for quite some time both in coverage of and behind the scenes with both high profile developers and indie developers. With that, I wanted to speak to what we as the community should keep in mind as unlikely it is to believe .... but the hard truth is that NO ONE that is working on the game or moderating the forums is out to make for a horrible experience.

Having shared a lot of time with developers and having moderated myself on some high profile message boards, I know that behind the scenes both devs and mods are vying for the best interest of the community. Now depending on the position of the mod, they can't in most cases comment until they've been given the go ahead or enough information in which they can reasonably respond to an issue.

Now, like most, I too am super sour on the game but tonight I was reminded of how it is on the other side of the fence. I've been in situations as a mod where I read comment after comment but couldn't respond because of how high up the chain an issue was so the response had to be very careful and strategic.

My point though is that despite how hard it is to believe with the state of the game, it is in EVERYONE'S best interest at Kabam (be that dev or mod) for this game to be the best that it can be. They are not out to put a product out that doesn't reflect the countless hours they've spent on it nor one that won't make money.

Mistakes were made obviously and will continue to be but at the end of it, I think they're trying. No excuses of late no doubt .. AQ, AW .. you name it .. .it's been less than fun for a lot of us. But I can guarantee you that they both appreciate and encourage the feedback everyone gives. It's important to them ... your, ours .. the voice of the community matters despite evidence at times to the contrary.

So keep leaving the feedback but when there's silence .. just know that often times a response is being worked through higher up the food chain.

Also, I'm going to keep playing. The good times for me, as I look back, have outweighed the recent shenanigans so I'm gonna keep playing. I was close to the edge but tonight I decided that I'm gonna keep playing. Kabam, I hope that there's no regret in it so I'm counting on you to get it together lol

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Yeah but dont u find it funny that every mistake that is Pro player gets fixed within 15 mins, called an exploit and find ways to punish the player.
    Meanwhile every mistake that hurts the player takes months, weeks, days to fix?
  • Options
    Chris_ThisChris_This Posts: 40
    edited November 2021
    I agree for the most part. The problem is that Kabam knows that this is affecting so, so many users around the world using ios devices and that so many solo content revives and pots are being constantly used just to heal up for failed inputs/dexes/parries. For end game content, tuned up cavalier/variant fights, 7.3 fights, the block damage between a parry and block is substantial, especially when factoring in block penetration and block proficiency (or lack thereof). The comp packages for solo revives and pots are severly lacking compared to the AQ/AW and their response as to why was a slap in the face for those affected.

Everyone says more or less the same thing with these "state of the game" threads and i appreciate your take on it. It is important to know these are people at Kabam and people make mistakes. But you have to make fixing them a priority. I mean, this has been going on for over 4 and half month. Until then, maybe stop the whale-milking, unit-draining offers? Kinda feels like another slap in the face.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    It's kind of why I'm still playing so I agree with OP. It's frustrating that the chain of command is so convoluted and slow..but tbh in my job it's more or less the same with endless pieces of paper and protocols in between a simple answer to a simple question. We humans like to make things more complicated than they need to be at times, but the times you need that oversight it's good if it is there.