**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Possible AW bug ?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
I had an alliance mate ask me recently: "Ever had your Guidance pre-fight fail to stun on path 5 Mighty Charge?" To which I responded, "umm, not yet.." But then just now something weird happened. Is there a reason why Guardian with Guidance would have his Parry fail against Ebony Maw? Or is there something actually wrong/bugged with the node/character/ability interaction here?

Time stamp: 4:00

https://youtu.be/h-qmQRoENCo

Comments

• Options
    DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    ebony maw's attacks are non contact.
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Diablord said:

Guardian should be able to parry non contact attacks
  • Options
    Diablord said:

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    The wags prefight does not work for non contact parries.

It really should read, parrying basic contact attacks triggers a passive stun.
  • Options
    Use him against Maw a lot on AW attack. Not because he's the best Maw counter necessarily, but because he is a solid counter and gets used for other fights as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

The wags prefight does not work for non contact parries.

It really should read, parrying basic contact attacks triggers a passive stun.

Right, I find nothing written in either description (both Guidance or Guardian's) that indicates this. So how do we know what is intended? The text seems to indicate that the interaction is not what's intended. Is this one of those situations where they need to decide what is to be changed, the abilities or the text?
  • Options
    But I appreciate the info.. thanks man!
  • Options
    I would guess it only works with the parry mastery itself, is that how it’s written? The parry mastery doesn’t allow parrying non contact, champion specific abilities allow them to use the parry mastery to parry non contact. This would mean it’s not bugged nor poorly explained, just difficult to parse.
  • Options
    "Guardian can trigger the Parry Mastery against non-contact attacks."

"... trigger Passive Stun effects with the Parry Mastery instead of Debuffs..."

According to these descriptions, there's no reason for both abilities to not work together that I can see.

• Options
    Which one comes first the guardian ability or the wags ability? You only get a parry on non contact with one of those options.
  • Options
    OleZoleOleZole Posts: 6

I would guess it only works with the parry mastery itself, is that how it’s written? The parry mastery doesn’t allow parrying non contact, champion specific abilities allow them to use the parry mastery to parry non contact. This would mean it’s not bugged nor poorly explained, just difficult to parse.

In the video it clearly shows “Parry” when he is parrying so the parry mastery is definitely getting activated.. it just must be how the pre fight works with certain champs that have the ability to parry non contact attacks
  • Options

Which one comes first the guardian ability or the wags ability? You only get a parry on non contact with one of those options.

I guess I just don't see why it's a choose one scenario. Both of them are a modifier to the Mastery.Just having trouble understanding why they can't both exist in the same interaction, according to the "rules" of the descriptions. But I get that there may be coding restrictions that are outside of my understanding. 🙂
  • Options
    Just food for discussion. I appreciate all the replies guys! I'll obviously move forward now knowing *how* it works. Which is good. Even if I continue to struggle with *why*. 🙂