**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nimrod’s Bugged Sp2: For Better or Worse?

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
For those who are unaware (which I imagine is most, since Nimrod is still fairly new), Nimrod’s description states that the shocks he applies on his sp2 are meant to be passive. In reality, he is applying active shock debuffs.

My question to the community is this: Would Nimrod be better with the shocks as debuffs or passives? Below I will lay out what I perceive to be the pros and cons of each.

Benefits of Passive Shocks:
Bypass damage resistances on champions like Silver Surfer and Magneto
Bypass debuff immunity nodes
Cannot be shrugged off
Cooler looking icon on status bar

Benefits of Active Shock Debuffs:
Can be augmented by War Machine prefight ability
Can be augmented by Mr. Fantastic prefight ability.
Potentially useful for nodes like Diss Track.

I’d lay out the cons, but it’s basically just flip the two lists I just made and you’ve got them. So, what do y’all think? Is the ability to buff his already huge shock damage via prefights and other potential utility as a debuff better than the versatility of the passive? Or does that ability to bypass resistances, especially against magneto, and defeat debuff-shrugging champions outweigh the circumstantial damage boosts?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    The Pros of Passives easily outweigh the Pros of Debuffs in this case, and the Cons of Debuffs are way more I majority of cases.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    If you ever use him against Mags this debate ends on the spot. Looking at my sp2 shocks ticking around 350 per tick vs the usual 2.5k+ against mutants (r4 5*) puts the debate to bed imo. Nimrod feels like torch lite vs mutants and I absolutely love it, the one thing hurting him right now is this bug stopping him from stomping out Mags.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, just to be clear I have a 6* r3 and likely soon to be my first r4 Nimrod. I love the champ. One of the reasons I typed out the post was just to see if I or anybody else could come up with other positives for the current situation besides “maybe make numbers bigger sometimes?” But it doesn’t seem like it.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    If you're using him, passive is better. If you're fighting him, active is better.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Mag's and Surfer's resistances works for both passives and debuffs so Nimrod sucks against them regardless.
    I really don't see the benefit of having his shocks as a debuff. In situations where you need debuffs, he's rarely a good option.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Mag's and Surfer's resistances works for both passives and debuffs so Nimrod sucks against them regardless.
    I really don't see the benefit of having his shocks as a debuff. In situations where you need debuffs, he's rarely a good option.

Surfer takes damage from passives
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,077 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

That's the thing. Magneto is bugged too since he's supposed to only be resistant to debuffs, but when I took him against the 6.1.2 Ultron boss, EMP mod was doing like 100 per tic instead of the usual 1000.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Chikel said:

That's the thing. Magneto is bugged too since he's supposed to only be resistant to debuffs, but when I took him against the 6.1.2 Ultron boss, EMP mod was doing like 100 per tic instead of the usual 1000.
    I never actually noticed he's only resistant to debuffs. He's my no. 1 counter to Hulkbuster and Guardian on emp mod node in AW. I sure hope they don't fix it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    It's a bug, and Nimrod should be inflicting passives. passives are better the majority of the time.

However when he gets fixed, if he's a champ you use a lot, then I think I ought to remind you that you forgot one big, , green, very angry drawback to inflicting passive shocks...