**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

1* Colossus Bug?

kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
2* Colossus compared to a 1* Colossus in terms of their abilities:

Is there a reason that the 1* Colossus didn't get the same buff treatment the other rarities did? Hawkeye and Black Panther are showing their updated abilities as 1* champions but Colossus seems to have been left out.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    Note: accidentally uploaded the 2* abilities twice, so I attempted to edit the main post. If it didn't work, here's the screenshot of the 1* abilities:

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    the 1* abilities were never buffed because "it's too hard for new players." don't ask me why, i don't know
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

the 1* abilities were never buffed because "it's too hard for new players." don't ask me why, i don't know

This 1* Hawkeye I have tells a different story:

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They didn’t want newbies being parry stunned by a 1* in beginner content. The players have made up their own reasonings.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

They didn’t want newbies being parry stunned by a 1* in beginner content. The players have made up their own reasonings.

What's funny is the Beginner Content has Unique Versions of 1 Star Champions that aren't affected by Reworks or Actual Abilities.
    Like there's a Stark Spidey in Act 1 I believe who's Only Ability is a Fury, same with the only 1 Star Colossus in Act 1 having a Different Kit from both the Playable 1 Star and 2-6 Star Versions.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Lol don't tell me YOU buy that explanation. The only 1* colossus in act 1 did not even have the same abilities as the 1* in player roster
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 995 ★★★★
    It's cause the Colossus buff came at a time when a Variant got released that requires 1* champs, and they didn't want to offer a 1* champ that could wreck it.

As others mentioned, the party line was that his kit was too complicated for new players. But as those same people here pointed out, they've included the buffed kit on 1* champs for every other champ that's been buffed.

No one who actually plays the game drank that kool-aid, but it's not likely to ever change.

Lol don't tell me YOU buy that explanation. The only 1* colossus in act 1 did not even have the same abilities as the 1* in player roster
    It was evident to me before they even explained it.
    mgj0630 said:

It's cause the Colossus buff came at a time when a Variant got released that requires 1* champs, and they didn't want to offer a 1* champ that could wreck it.

As others mentioned, the party line was that his kit was too complicated for new players. But as those same people here pointed out, they've included the buffed kit on 1* champs for every other champ that's been buffed.

No one who actually plays the game drank that kool-aid, but it's not likely to ever change.

I didn't want to say it out loud incase they tried citing it as spreading rumors, but yeah we all know that's the real reason. Hence my They made a choice in the past and are now too scared to go back on it.

Only in the act revamp did they change the Colossus in act 1to be the same as the one in player roster. They could very well have kept it like that and changed only the players colossus.

Only in the act revamp did they change the Colossus in act 1to be the same as the one in player roster. They could very well have kept it like that and changed only the players colossus.
    Last I checked that one was still different from the Playable Version

I did a alt account after the revamp and it's the same now.
    Or crazy idea. Just remove the Colossus . It's not like he's some top tier fight that everyone has to go through

Ha that's mighty convenient for them, as I said they're too scared to go back on their initial decision and "reasoning".
    Even now though that Act 1 AI is not getting a Parry off 99.99% of the time, and even if it does that's not gonna make the Player's Mind Explode.

Or crazy idea. Just remove the Colossus . It's not like he's some top tier fight that everyone has to go through

Or just keep that one as it is now since we know they have the ability to make Unique Defenders.
    edited December 2021
    I should add some players beliefs are so entrenched they continue to dwell on them for years to come. Don’t give their misery company, accept it.

Ha that's mighty convenient for them, as I said they're too scared to go back on their initial decision and "reasoning".
    Even now though that Act 1 AI is not getting a Parry off 99.99% of the time, and even if it does that's not gonna make the Player's Mind Explode.
    They pretend like as if a champion causing a stun is going to confuse players so bad they might stop playing. The worst that's going to happen is " huh, what just happened"
    Yeah that was their reasoning on the original post, despite that overreaction, you would have to Purposely try to get Parried against that Act 1 Opponent. It's in a Quest with 1 Path so the majority are only likely to fight it Once, and even with Rank 1 Level 1 1 Stars you will take him out in 20ish Hits where he will barely ever even just Block Once. (Just tested it)

I'm gonna stop here though cause I want the OC to actually see the answer and don't want the mods closing it for any reason.

I should add some players beliefs are so entrenched they continue to dwell on them for years to come. Don’t give their misery company, accept it.

Would you like a mirror?

Would you like a mirror?
    Don't let him get the post closed for "arguing", yep he's making a bigger deal out of what we all see as a joke reasoning. Let's leave it at that ☕👌

Would you like a mirror?
    Insert Lord Palaptine meme.

Would you like a mirror?
    Don't let him get the post closed for "arguing", yep he's making a bigger deal out of what we all see as a joke reasoning. Let's leave it at that ☕👌
    It will be the constant complaining you two have done for years now that would be responsible for the threads closure.

Would you like a mirror?
    Insert Lord Palaptine meme.
    Anakin, Chancellor Palaptine Is Evil!

Would you like a mirror?
    It will be the constant complaining you two have done for years now that would be responsible for the threads closure.
    I never found it worth complaining about, the situation was just funny as was how simple it is to deconstruct the weak reasoning that given.

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

That's not what they said: they said that they didn't want to buff 1 star colossus because his kit was deemed too difficult and overwhelming for a beginner player. Explanation that goes down the toilette when you consider that they just updated hawkeye, and he is without a doubt more difficult to play ^_^

That's not what they said: they said that they didn't want to buff 1 star colossus because his kit was deemed too difficult and overwhelming for a beginner player. Explanation that goes down the toilette when you consider that they just updated hawkeye, and he is without a doubt more difficult to play ^_^
    False, like I said people have their beliefs. Y’all really going to die on the hill of the 1* colossus eh?

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

False, like I said people have their beliefs. Y’all really going to die on the hill of the 1* colossus eh?

Are you sure?

Got some info from the team about this and we will be keeping the older, simpler kit for the 1-Star version of Colossus so that we don't overwhelm brand new players. We feel the previous version of his abilities will allow the newest players to focus more on picking up the basics as they start their journey through the Contest.

You can read the post here
    edited December 2021

Are you sure?

Got some info from the team about this and we will be keeping the older, simpler kit for the 1-Star version of Colossus so that we don't overwhelm brand new players. We feel the previous version of his abilities will allow the newest players to focus more on picking up the basics as they start their journey through the Contest.

You can read the post here
    You think that says “ they said that they didn't want to buff 1 star colossus because his kit was deemed too difficult”? And that had nothing to do with being stunned by a defender? Okay…

*the early game is clearly about simple combat mechanics of the defenders and you can see that in the rework of act 1 where their kits are absent. Stun on defense was deemed too difficult.
This discussion has been closed.