Options

What is the Best Mutant to r3?

Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
After cyber weekend I checked my inventory and to my surprise I had 2 T5 mutants!! So, no matter what I’m saving one for kitty pride in the future, do that leaves me down to 1.
Things u need to know….
-I have Apoc, Mags, Colossus, Domino, and Professor x at r5, so I wouldn’t be motivated to r3 them if I got them in the future
- I do not run suicides (yet) …idk really know if I want them
- I’ve completed 7.3, and will start to go back to 7.1 for exploration
-

What is the Best Mutant to r3? 41 votes

R3 Gambit
12%
SpideyFunkoR1s02ChaosMax1012RiptideWasy1 5 votes
R3 Cable
51%
UnsilentDominic7447PikoluSnakepte_dua_shumEtherionGodAmadeo01FiiNCHRenaxqqLpooGr8TonyStarkMCOC_JCMReal_Madrid_76_2GoldenDadAGENT_A7KOakenshieldOoooiiiiieeeeeeluka777777Zhahovic7ZoeTheGoth 21 votes
R3 Psylock
4%
ShannokKonstant45 2 votes
Wait on it (…Sunspot?)
31%
TristanMilesHolmwoodMadhanHiphopmixalisplaySbkruebSunRiceKRANꓘConstantineNukedChatarpatarRavenKeeperCaptain_Monticanape12 13 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    I’m new to Cable, and he’s not hard at all, but I don’t know how much he benefits Bc he might be able to get the job done at r2, but idk yet. Sunspot is my most wanted 6* Mutant. I don’t like stryfe playstyle, and Mags is not worth it to me… the r5 does just fine. Also talk to me if psylock is a worthy candidate. I just hear people talk amazing about her with Apoc and I want to know y
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Motivate yourself. 6r3 Apoc or Prof X better than a 5/65. Still if you must, and want to widen your roster I'd go with Cable for his apoc synergy (degen stacking), or Gambit for his apoc synergy (perfect block)

That’s basically what I’m thinking, Gsmbit perfect block on all kinds of hits is legendary, he can just get a little boring, I just want the champ to help with act 7 exploration
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 460 ★★★
    R3 Mags and Apoc are pretty great and are an upgrade from 5*. If you don’t want to do that Cable I’d so much fun with Apoc synergy. I know some people love psylocke but personally I would rank Emma over her.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    R3 Gambit
    Matter a fact do emma. Didn’t see her there. Was gonna say horsemen gambit has high damage and perfect block but emma can be pretty solid with that diamond form. A decent defender as well.
  • Options
    Emma. I have rank 3 Emma she is so useful. Mix master nodes, stun immune and everything else immune (except degen) in diamond form.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    R3's are pretty shnazzy. Health bump, plus adrenaline which really makes them tanky. Higher damage in this game is never a bad thing, nicer border, and a better profile. Out of those, honestly the only one I saw that made me go yes, r3, was mags.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,351 ★★★★★
    R3 Cable
    U have apoc? U rank 3 cable. U don't have apoc? U rank 3 rogue
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I had 5/65 mags and still went to R3 Mags. It's better to have two of the same champ who are very extremely good. For example:-mags,doom,ghost,G2099,NF,apoc etc Because you will have better options doing Aq,Aw,Eq at same time. Plus 6* r3 is way way better than 5/65 in terms of stats. Belive me. R3 mag and you will never regret it. Tho final decision is yours.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    If you have apoc then go cable. If not then go mags cause even though mags doesnt need r3 right now. He will probably need that extra damage in the future. But yeah go cable if you have apoc
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Wait on it (…Sunspot?)
    Sunspot is trash
  • Options
    Wait on it (…Sunspot?)
    Save them both, don't waste them.
  • Options
    Wait on it (…Sunspot?)
    Cable is very overrated. I R2ed mine and don't touch him
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Magneto🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,788 ★★★★
    R3 Cable
    Generally I understand your point on not R3’ng someone you already have as an R5, but I have to tell you - I just R3’d my 6* Apoc despite having a R5 awakened max sig Apoc, and I’m amazed at how much tougher he is…so much so that I’m planning to R3 both my Red Mags and AA despite having them as R5s. That said, those three are my favorite three mutants, so I don’t know that I would do it with anyone else. I’ll also say that for me I’m not sure if I would be doing it if I didn’t have my 6* Red mags also awakened. I know most people say he doesn’t need his sig ability, but if like me you are not a perfect player it is super helpful.

I think if you really stick to your POV on not ranking someone you already have, then go for Cable. He is an absolute beast with the APOC synergy. I will say though - if I already had Cable as a ranked 5* I would NOT ranking him as a 6* as well - for me Red Mags, Apoc, and AA are just at a different level.
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    Wait on it (…Sunspot?)
    Magneto
  • Options
    R3 Cable
    Cable is the king
  • Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    i'd choose red mag all day