**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Season-30 rewards.

Comments

• LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    War ratings seem wrong. We were Silver 1, last war was not supposed to count, then we dropped to Silver 2. Seen many other posts of alliances dropping 1 rank...
  • Hello guys. I had pointed out the problem in another post. our alliance also suffered a miscalculation. before do war 10 we were in gold 1 (as per screen). I kindly ask the kabam if they can take this into account, because it seems to us really unfair to spend resources and time to see us then robbed like this.
  • Hello guys. I had pointed out the problem in another post. our alliance also suffered a miscalculation. before do war 10 we were in gold 1 (as per screen). I kindly ask the kabam if they can take this into account, because it seems to us really unfair to spend resources and time to see us then robbed like this.

There are a lot of threads and posts flying around, so it’s worth mentioning here that as far as I can tell, *everyone* was miscalculated. There’s no need to report further miscalculations in that sense. Alliances far away from bracket boundaries are likely to see the same rewards either way, but highly ranked or alliances near bracket boundaries could have been incorrectly bumped down one bracket and gotten season rewards one bracket lower. Kabam is aware of this and working on a solution.

So there’s no confusion, I have no desire or intent to discourage anyone from further discussing this dumpster bonfire. I’m just saying everyone involved is aware this is not an isolated incident. It was not a glitch that impacted a few alliances, it was a calculation error in reversing out war #10 that affected every alliance fighting in that war.

Incidentally, for anyone wondering how many alliances could have been impacted by the calculation error, given how far an alliance can typically rise or fall due to an especially good win or bad loss, I would estimate the number to around 500 to 1000 alliances. That’s my guesstimate for about how many alliances are close enough to bracket boundaries to have their rewards adversely impacted if they halted fighting the war and in effect lost those points relative to the average alliance nearby. The number could be lower, but this is the reasonable worst case scenario. Not an insignificant number.

It is also possible that the impact could be higher than one would ordinarily think due to the fact that it is more likely that alliances in competitive spots (high tier, or near the boundary between brackets) would lay off war #10 the moment they heard of the cancellation. They are more likely to be pushing every war and spending resources on those wars. They are less likely to continue pushing and spending once the war had no value. Meanwhile alliances in less competitive or “safe” parts of brackets are more likely to just keep going for the heck of it, since they don’t normally spend or push anyway. This could cause more leapfrogging in bracket position than you’d expect due to random chance.
  • KurtxzKurtxz Posts: 28
    edited December 2021

🙃

The team is looking into this. We’re not going to take any rewards away from anybody, and will be working to ensure that anybody that missed out on any rewards because of this mistake will get the rewards they should have.

I’ve been sitting on this to get more info, but I think it’s important to get out now. I’m trying to confirm how this affects summoners changing alliances but I don’t have that info yet.

We’ll share more information as soon as we get it.

EDIT: We have confirmed that Summoners are free to change alliances now and any compensation we have to make will still reach them.

So let me get this straight. ASR, 2nd on the podium now, who will go down in master (top 10) will get another batch of rewards. So they will have podium rewards and top10 master rewards. How is that fair?
  • Gegge93Gegge93 Posts: 1
    My alliance lost 40th position in the graduate...we are in platinum 3 position 169 at nine 9...now we are in position 2 platinum 4...this is so stupid for kabam....he tell me that the position can we change at the finish of the season...but the war ten don 't be calculated for the final result
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Kurtxz said:

🙃

The team is looking into this. We’re not going to take any rewards away from anybody, and will be working to ensure that anybody that missed out on any rewards because of this mistake will get the rewards they should have.

I’ve been sitting on this to get more info, but I think it’s important to get out now. I’m trying to confirm how this affects summoners changing alliances but I don’t have that info yet.

EDIT: We have confirmed that Summoners are free to change alliances now and any compensation we have to make will still reach them.

So let me get this straight. ASR, 2nd on the podium now, who will go down in master (top 10) will get another batch of rewards. So they will have podium rewards and top10 master rewards. How is that fair?
    "Missed out". If ASR didn't get what they were supposed, then they'll get something. If they moved up and got higher, they'll get to keep it. It's an easier solution than trying to recalculate everything and take away something. ASR is t the only one, there are tons of alliances in lower brackets that will likely be the same way.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 336 ★★
    Happened to us too.we were golf 2 before getting the news and didn't continue with the next war prior to the mail we received that the war wasn't gon be counted.then today rewards comes and we being placed at gold 3.but, the game has being like that for a long time that frankly some of us have lost concerns.we shall play when we feel we wanna and kabam do what you think you wanna. As long as you don't spend money on this gam and don't play like it's a job u gotten.its a win win for me.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    I outlined my thoughts here-
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/290012/alliance-war-s30-final-standings-war-10-issue#latest
    Would love to copy and paste it into here but can't really do that :/
  • KurtxzKurtxz Posts: 28

Kurtxz said:

🙃

"Missed out". If ASR didn't get what they were supposed, then they'll get something. If they moved up and got higher, they'll get to keep it. It's an easier solution than trying to recalculate everything and take away something. ASR is t the only one, there are tons of alliances in lower brackets that will likely be the same way.
    Still isn't fair. They get to keep rewards they didn't deserve and they get closer to their second r4.
  • it's unbelievable what we're going through, we play hard, we spend a lot of time planning and practicing to get our best performance. For the first time we would have a 100% Brazilian alliance on the podium, and now we are going through this nightmare. We can't believe that the company will not live up to what it has attested to, that the tenth war would not count towards the final score of the season. we need an urgent solution to this problem.
  • CarlonchoxDCarlonchoxD Posts: 3
    So my Alliance got Gold 2 Rank 10, I don't know how we finish in Gold 2 :/ I don't have screenshots about it but I have ss after we lost the last war and we got Gold 2 Rank 13. So if they substracted the points of the last war how we just climb 3 positions LOL, it is impossible.

• What happened was that instead of removing the score that is surrounded in red from war #10, they removed the one in yellow. With image it's easier to see... and that's why you gave the completely wrong classification

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

Okay everybody, have just confirmed with the team our course of action:

As mentioned before, we’re not taking away any rewards from those that got the incorrect rewards. We are also going to be doing some more data collecting and giving any Alliance/Summoner that missed out on rewards due to our error what they missed. This won’t result in doubling up on rewards, but topping up what you would have gotten if this mistake hadn’t occurred.

Basically, when the leaderboards are redone, if you placed higher than you should have, this will have no effect on you. If you placed lower than you should have and go up a Bracket, you’ll receive only the extra rewards you missed out on.

We understand that this is not the perfect solution, but it is the best that we can do right now without inadvertently punishing any Alliances for no fault of their own.

Our goal is to have this done by the end of next week, Friday, December 17th, at the absolute latest.
    As a reminder, you are able to change Alliances at this time, and will still get rewards if you were affected.

we appreciate the more detailed response!
  • NetjgrnautNetjgrnaut Posts: 68

As mentioned before, we’re not taking away any rewards from those that got the incorrect rewards. We are also going to be doing some more data collecting and giving any Alliance/Summoner that missed out on rewards due to our error what they missed. This won’t result in doubling up on rewards, but topping up what you would have gotten if this mistake hadn’t occurred.

Basically, when the leaderboards are redone, if you placed higher than you should have, this will have no effect on you. If you placed lower than you should have and go up a Bracket, you’ll receive only the extra rewards you missed out on.

We understand that this is not the perfect solution, but it is the best that we can do right now without inadvertently punishing any Alliances for no fault of their own.

Our goal is to have this done by the end of next week, Friday, December 17th, at the absolute latest.
    As a reminder, you are able to change Alliances at this time, and will still get rewards if you were affected.

We’ve asked for thorough and timely updates with specific action plans. You’ve delivered in this case. Don’t let the people who disagree with the specific plan distract you from the main point: this is what good communication looks like. Bravo!
  • Okay everybody, have just confirmed with the team our course of action:

sorry but I don't think this is correct, for example ASR received the Top2 awards, which they shouldn't receive, and they will keep the same awards, which they should receive less, so they will gain an advantage over others. I speak of ASR as an example, because this also happens in order brackets
    It isn't "right" but there is no right here. There is only which wrong you personally like more. We can't take the rewards away, if we just arbitrarily bump everyone's rewards to be equal to whichever alliance in their intrinsic bracket managed to climb the highest we'd be giving out a lot more rewards than intended to alliances that do war over the ones that don't, and if we decide to just hand fix this for some alliances we deem "most competitive" then we're saying some alliances matter more than others when it comes to rewards.

No matter what you do, some alliances will get more rewards than intended compared to other alliances. Everyone has their own idea about which problems matter more, but those are all completely arbitrary preferences.
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    edited December 2021
    Before the last war and season ending: p2 r50.
    After season cancelled and rewards dropped: p3 r92.
    Notice the 1.2 million point reduction in the after. Even if the last war was counted as a loss, with 7x multiplier, you gain points and we wouldn’t have dropped nearly 100 positions, only 15-20 at the most. Only unknown here is if we were docked because someone had cheated…and if that’s the case, the entire alliance should’ve been notified of who and what they did. Sure seems like we were done wrong…

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

sorry but I don't think this is correct, for example ASR received the Top2 awards, which they shouldn't receive, and they will keep the same awards, which they should receive less, so they will gain an advantage over others. I speak of ASR as an example, because this also happens in order brackets
    It isn't "right" but there is no right here. There is only which wrong you personally like more. We can't take the rewards away, if we just arbitrarily bump everyone's rewards to be equal to whichever alliance in their intrinsic bracket managed to climb the highest we'd be giving out a lot more rewards than intended to alliances that do war over the ones that don't, and if we decide to just hand fix this for some alliances we deem "most competitive" then we're saying some alliances matter more than others when it comes to rewards.

No matter what you do, some alliances will get more rewards than intended compared to other alliances. Everyone has their own idea about which problems matter more, but those are all completely arbitrary preferences.
    I'm not affected but why can't they remove the rewards ? It's mostly catalysts and shards that differ and that too only r4 mats that really matter . Surely kabam can reduce the amount of t6b and t2a awarded to allainces that are higher that they should be?(should be as in the rankings after before the bugged war?