Options

Season Rewards/AQ Week/Gifting Event

Comments

• Options

jdeck59 said:

Hey there,

The 14 days is a specific amount put in place to avoid some unsavory behaviour that we have seen in the past and do not want to see a repeat of. This is not going to change.

When the Alliance was not set to end early, there was still going to be an overlap, and we tried our best to explain that situation in this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

We are working to remove the added point values from the final war before we are able to send out Alliance War Season rewards. This is not like other Seasons that have ended early, because there is still work to be done before the season can be finalized.

We are working to get this done on the original Season schedule, or faster if we possibly can.

Thanks for the reply, but with the amount of revenue this game pulls in, you think the dates could have aligned up better with war season and gifting
    Money can't make the work go faster.
    It can, but then you have more frustration from a rushed product
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Yawn.
  • Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 39

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

The 14 days is a specific amount put in place to avoid some unsavory behaviour that we have seen in the past and do not want to see a repeat of. This is not going to change.

When the Alliance was not set to end early, there was still going to be an overlap, and we tried our best to explain that situation in this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

We are working to remove the added point values from the final war before we are able to send out Alliance War Season rewards. This is not like other Seasons that have ended early, because there is still work to be done before the season can be finalized.

We are working to get this done on the original Season schedule, or faster if we possibly can.

If u guys reduce to 7 day that will be really helpful.. Its tough making people understand that 14 day stay can be achieved within gifting week
    Too many people were exploiting this with alt accounts, bringing them in, gifting a ton to get loads of alliance points and then leaving. The 14 day window is to stop people exploiting the event, don’t be annoyed at Kabam be annoyed at cheaters
    I stated that very clearly in the post………
    I mean, you essentially said “I know people cheat when the time is less than 14 days, but we’ve had issues this year and the timing is bad”

Forgive me if I don’t think this logic holds up to more than a scintilla of scrutiny. Cheating is bad. 7 day cooldown allows cheating. 14 days doesn’t.
    You’re reading what you want to hear instead of what was written. It’s all good. And cheating can and will happen regardless. Cheaters always find a way. I don’t like it because I’m a honest player but it’s the reality.
    “I completely understand Kabam making rules and guidelines for gifting with all the cheating and scams that have happened in the past and we all want a fair and legit event and game. We all agree on that. But this timing along with these issues all year is really putting a bad taste in all of the summoners mouths.”

What am I missing? You’re saying people cheat when the guidelines aren’t there, but you’re saying because we’ve had a bad year with bugs, and the timing is bad Kabam should get rid of the guidelines allowing people to cheat.

Which part would you like to set the record straight on.
    There are two types of people. Those who try to solve problems and those who love to try to create more…..
  • Options
    What exactly is this cheating that is happening?
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 541 ★★★

Hey there,

Finally a comment of you 💪🏻

I hope
  • Options
    orpimeSorpimeS Posts: 26
    edited December 2021
    VTA92 said:

orpimeS said:

Hey there,

3 days of working to remove a days points total of 1 war and you still don't have a timeline? @Kabam Miike
    It is unfortunate they don’t have weekends where you come from.
    Unfortunately, they don't have 24/7 support in a Services/IT business where you come from.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

jdeck59 said:

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply, but with the amount of revenue this game pulls in, you think the dates could have aligned up better with war season and gifting
    Wait what? What has revenue got to do with dates? You think the money they earn can change the days and dates of the year itself? It is always usually the last two weeks of the year, which is what it is.
    unless money magically can change what days and dates are, nothing kabam can really do, lol
    No, I'm stating the fact that this is such a high revenue game, they could do the decency of planning these events better. Like it's too much to ask for the multi million dollar game to do a 12 month calendar in advance and see if there is any clashes. Just as embarrassing as releasing non tested variant content.
    How exactly does it clash? The fact that there's a limit proves hopping is an issue to begin with. We're the ones that are responsible for our own changes. Not them.
  • Options
    orpimeS said:

VTA92 said:

orpimeS said:

Hey there,

3 days of working to remove a days points total of 1 war and you still don't have a timeline? @Kabam Miike
    Unfortunately, they don't have 24/7 support in a Services/IT business where you come from.
    Most places that have those usually outsource their support. They already said they are working on it and will try to get them out the day they would have been if not sooner
  • Options
    orpimeSorpimeS Posts: 26

orpimeS said:

VTA92 said:

orpimeS said:

Hey there,

Most places that have those usually outsource their support. They already said they are working on it and will try to get them out the day they would have been if not sooner
    If you can quote Kabam where they said that the rewards will be out the day they should be, I will be surprised to say the least. Some people go, oh, they would have been out on Wed/Thu if the season had continued... Well, the season didn't continue. So that's a moot point.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

jdeck59 said:

Hey there,

Wait what? What has revenue got to do with dates? You think the money they earn can change the days and dates of the year itself? It is always usually the last two weeks of the year, which is what it is.
    unless money magically can change what days and dates are, nothing kabam can really do, lol
    No, I'm stating the fact that this is such a high revenue game, they could do the decency of planning these events better. Like it's too much to ask for the multi million dollar game to do a 12 month calendar in advance and see if there is any clashes. Just as embarrassing as releasing non tested variant content.
    Well we all heard that they have quite a few openings up north in Toronto, if you feel you can encourage the company to be better, apply and help be that change.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,189 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

Hey there,

Tell me you're joking. What does revenue have to do with dates of events?

Netmarble gets the revenue. Do you all just like saying things to say things because it makes you look and feel cool or are you just purposely saying this stuff to get a rise out of people?
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,457 Guardian
    edited December 2021
    orpimeS said:

orpimeS said:

VTA92 said:

orpimeS said:

Hey there,

If you can quote Kabam where they said that the rewards will be out the day they should be, I will be surprised to say the least. Some people go, oh, they would have been out on Wed/Thu if the season had continued... Well, the season didn't continue. So that's a moot point.
    You can quote where Mike in the post here where he said "We are working to get this done on the original season schedule, or faster if we possibly can. "
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 541 ★★★

To all the people complaining about this in this thread, what would you have done if war season was still going on as planned?

Do you also think Kabam rigged the war season to purposely cause this mess?

Please enlighten me. I'm having a hard time understanding why you all are so confused.

it's the straw that broke the camel's back there have been a lot of things this year that weren't ..
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,189 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

To all the people complaining about this in this thread, what would you have done if war season was still going on as planned?

Do you also think Kabam rigged the war season to purposely cause this mess?

Please enlighten me. I'm having a hard time understanding why you all are so confused.

it's the straw that broke the camel's back there have been a lot of things this year that weren't ..
    Yes because that makes complete sense when you put it in that context.
  • Options
    jdeck59 said:

jdeck59 said:

Hey there,

The only "clashes" are those that you create yourself. If you cant wait two-three days to start gifting, that is on you.
  • Options
    .....or....(get ready for this)....people could strive to stay in one Alliance and work on long-term progress. Crazy, I know.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    This may be a dumb question but why does it have to be 14 days? Why not 12? Do the 2 days make that big of a difference?

I don’t care at all either way. I’ve been in the same alliance for 3 years and will continue to be lol I’m just curious
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

.....or....(get ready for this)....people could strive to stay in one Alliance and work on long-term progress. Crazy, I know.

You know people have to leave alliances or find new alliances for legitimate reasons right? Not just hopping for the sake of it
  • Options

You know people have to leave alliances or find new alliances for legitimate reasons right? Not just hopping for the sake of it
    Yes, that's why I said strive. However, this comes up every year for Gifting.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom @Demonzfyre @BitterSteel

You guys seem to have a lot of knowledge about this game and information about the latest things.

All I want to know is this -

If a person joins the alliance on 10th Dec they won't be eligible for rewards until the 24th. That's fine.

But if the alliance earned first 5 milestones while the new joinee was ineligible, would they still be able to claim ALL milestone rewards?
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 300

Why miike??
    If everyone was experiencing the same issue? The competitive balance isn’t disturbed when we all have the issues to contend with..

You (Kabam) have allowed multiple seasons to happen with control issues.. and you have said not everyone of affected the same way! I get that people get portions so they can heal 1 or 2 champs a week.. but if someone dies in aw no amount of potions will restore that kill given to the defense. And if not everyone is affected the same, how is this a fair competition???

Why don’t you shut down aw all together???
    Why allow players that aren’t on certain phones to gain that advantage over their opponents???

Seems to me that, if fairness is something we want to maintain in the contests. We wouldn’t have unfair wars ongoing regularly.

Thoughts @Kabam Miike