**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DDHK Tune-Up Poll

2»

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    I would give DDHK his own tune-up slot (2 buffed champs in a month)

He really only needs a few small changes that wouldn't take up too much dev time
    1. Reverting his base healing rate to either 70% or 100% (Diablo has 100% even when poisoned and that's fine)
    2. Speed up the animation on his sp1 (I don't have three hours to watch it every time)
    3. That's it imo

Uptime of buffs, uptime of buffs, uptime of buffs!
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I would append DDHK’s tune-up to the normal cadence (3 buffed champs in a month)
    Rookiie said:

He really only needs a few small changes that wouldn't take up too much dev time
    1. Reverting his base healing rate to either 70% or 100% (Diablo has 100% even when poisoned and that's fine)
    2. Speed up the animation on his sp1 (I don't have three hours to watch it every time)
    3. That's it imo

He has uptime of his cruelty buff in a synergy with Ghost Rider, NC, and OG Cap and uptime of precision with KP. 60% for both. That's good enough IMO.
    I don't actually mind his buff duration as it is, the only thing that keeps him from being playable to me is his regen rate and the duration of his specials
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

3. That's it imo

He has uptime of his cruelty buff in a synergy with Ghost Rider, NC, and OG Cap and uptime of precision with KP. 60% for both. That's good enough IMO.
    I don't actually mind his buff duration as it is, the only thing that keeps him from being playable to me is his regen rate and the duration of his specials

The Cruelty synergy costs 5 Combo meter. So you’re penalized for having an uptime of 60%. They cancel each other out and you end up getting less than 60% uptime.
    The synergy with KP actually gives him Rage not Precision.
    Half his Precision is lost to the three hour SP1 you referenced, if the opponent blocks after that you lose about two-thirds of it.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I would append DDHK’s tune-up to the normal cadence (3 buffed champs in a month)
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

3. That's it imo

The Cruelty synergy costs 5 Combo meter. So you’re penalized for having an uptime of 60%. They cancel each other out and you end up getting less than 60% uptime.
    The synergy with KP actually gives him Rage not Precision.
    Half his Precision is lost to the three hour SP1 you referenced, if the opponent blocks after that you lose about two-thirds of it.
    My b, the precision buff is to OG DD not DDHK
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Here a fight showcasing his regen. Imagine fighting a DOT debuff inflicting champ. He has no chance.

https://youtu.be/USv28PQc3Es
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★

Here a fight showcasing his regen. Imagine fighting a DOT debuff inflicting champ. He has no chance.

You're absolutely right - I'd hate to be running Suicides and come up against Immortal Abomination or a other poison inflicting champ with DDHK.

Let's hope Kabam are able to make some changes to this kit. The areas of concern are well known and well discussed. He requires an investment to learn the playstyle but videos like this show so clearly that he needs some tweaking for a better return on that investment.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

You're absolutely right - I'd hate to be running Suicides and come up against Immortal Abomination or a other poison inflicting champ with DDHK.

Let's hope Kabam are able to make some changes to this kit. The areas of concern are well known and well discussed. He requires an investment to learn the playstyle but videos like this show so clearly that he needs some tweaking for a better return on that investment.
    Even without liquid courage and double edge, debuffs applied to him are so terrible the way he is now. The video is just to make a point.

I have done that fight trying to let him be KO’d by his mastery setup without receiving 1 hit from WS.

And that’s with max willpower
  • Options
    TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Posts: 143
    Tbh the only thing going for him when it comes to healing is actually being suicide friendly in war fights, where the opponent is running 3/3 Despair, since he somehow gains regen rate instead of not being affected at all...
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Chobbly said:

Even without liquid courage and double edge, debuffs applied to him are so terrible the way he is now. The video is just to make a point.

I have done that fight trying to let him be KO’d by his mastery setup without receiving 1 hit from WS.

And that’s with max willpower
    This is exactly why something needs to be done about the Regen Rate. I'm struggling to think of any other champion in the game that actually defeats themselves without any effort from the opponent. But, you know what? There's loads that Kabam could do about this, and that's why I'm still positive that they can and they will.

Equally, there are some very quick things which can be done to improve the damage or perhaps more specifically the rotations. With some of the kit almost working against itself, an improvement to the durations would give DDHK more consistency and reward the learning of his playstyle and rotations.

He's a fun champ to play despite the problems, and with great animations. The numbers just need work, and that's doable.