**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Disagree button

Can we add a disagree button to the forums kind of like the downvote in reddit?
I think having this button will allow players to disagree respectfully without starting a comment battle back and forth. We can simply disagree and move on unless we have something else to add.

Some people are using the flag button as their way to express displeasure even though there is no spam or abuse.

Comments

• MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    Be cautious with negative buttons, because some people may be prone to use them for scapegoating in the future. Same as us being able to see the flagged posts. Negative metrics only serve to isolate users.

regardless of how much people disagree they should know that flagging things as spam or abuse if it isn't, is abuse of the system.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    @MacTeNakA is expressing exactly my thoughts. If they are strict about handing out infractions for frivolous flagging then I'm fine with the way it is @MayhemEffect . I just doubt that they will have the time or interest to enforce that rigidly.
    edited May 2017
    @MacTeNakA is one of the people abusing the system. I do not know if it is to support this idea or otherwise. People are always able to post their disapproval without the button as well.
  • XMEN1994XMEN1994 Posts: 51
    Yes, we really do need this. B)
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Eh, I'm a bit skeptical about this idea, mainly cuz I sometimes have different opinions than the majority. But, well, assuming it is not mistreated/targeting a single individual regardless of their posts, I think the "disagree" option is a good choice.

I mean, regardless whether this option is added or not, people can still post their point of disagreement through a reply anyway.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    MacTeNakA wrote: »
    All the positive reactions need an opposite reaction otherwise the void left will be filled by the spam and abuse functions.

I think disagree, dislike, terrible, wtf, and some antonym for insightful would be perfect.

Antonym for insightful...how about "Obtuse"? Would that work?
    Perhaps we can all agree to start using LOL as a sarcastic LOL indicating disagreement?

Only problem with this is that it'll still count as an upvote...
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    I'd also like to see comments that are disagreed with beyond a certain point be hidden as with reddit posts as well, or another button that's more negative than disagree that will accomplish this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    I'd also like to see comments that are disagreed with beyond a certain point be hidden as with reddit posts as well, or another button that's more negative than disagree that will accomplish this.

You want to censor people based on a concensus mentality? All that leads to is people ganging up on others. That's not what a Forum is for.
    edited May 2017

You want to censor people based on a concensus mentality? All that leads to is people ganging up on others. That's not what a Forum is for.

Not about censoring. Just when something gets extremely negative reception it should be hidden like on reddit. That'll prevent derailing of a thread where everyone argues with that one unpopular opinion. Those that want to read it can still read it.

Back on the old forums, whenever Websnatcher would enter a thread and express his sycophantic views, the entire thread would get derailed.
    edited May 2017

Not about censoring. Just when something gets extremely negative reception it should be hidden like on reddit. That'll prevent derailing of a thread where everyone argues with that one unpopular opinion. Those that want to read it can still read it.

Back on the old forums, whenever Websnatcher would enter a thread and express his sycophantic views, the entire thread would get derailed.

But it will lead to that impact, if people disagree with something enough it becomes censored, removing it from view is censorship.

And regardless of how sycophantic Web's views may have been, the derailment was caused when people started launching into personal attacks. It was and apparently still is the personal attacks that are causing derailment. I was watching it last night. So you bringing him up, in part because of how contentious the issue is, is derailing your own thread.

PS if they wanted reddit they would just start participating in reddit.

But it will lead to that impact, if people disagree with something enough it becomes censored, removing it from view is censorship.

And regardless of how sycophantic Web's views may have been, the derailment was caused when people started launching into personal attacks. It was and apparently still is the personal attacks that are causing derailment. I was watching it last night. So you bringing him up, in part because of how contentious the issue is, is derailing your own thread.

PS if they wanted reddit they would just start participating in reddit.

Further to that, Reddit isn't exactly a prime example of constructive conversation. Lol.
    Yes I like many aspects of reddit better than this forum. That doesn't mean I need to use the reddit forums to get those features. I can suggest that those features get adopted here too.

The reddit forums are great but I think they have less viewership by players and mods.
    Perhaps we can all agree to start using LOL as a sarcastic LOL indicating disagreement?

Only problem with this is that it'll still count as an upvote...

I see that LOL has stopped counting as an upvote. I'm going to start using it sarcastically from now on.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Thanks for necroing this. So thats how the button was created. Noice

You're welcome ☺️
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Okay, time to disagree.

Eh, I'm a bit skeptical about this idea, mainly cuz I sometimes have different opinions than the majority. But, well, assuming it is not mistreated/targeting a single individual regardless of their posts, I think the "disagree" option is a good choice.

I mean, regardless whether this option is added or not, people can still post their point of disagreement through a reply anyway.

they should’ve listened
    Actually, that was one of the reasons that led to its introduction. Prior to this, people were spamming the Flag Button and backing up the section for Moderation to review. This way people had something that was innocuous to spam if they wanted to.
    Personally, I never use it. I use my words, but at least it's harmless.