**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What does the community think about Miles Morales?

Comments

• Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Personally I think the suite is much better then the OG spider-man suite.
  • Options
    ẞlueẞlue Posts: 24
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

He is cool for newer players but doesn't have too much use compared to other top science options. Needs some decent sigs to have good damage so not really a great option imo.

I really disagree with this, there is no champion who deals with unblockable as well as Miles. He is the top option in the game for it. Kitty and Ghost come close and work for a lot of the time, but try phasing Apoc Sp1 or Sp2 consistently, or P2099 Specials all the time. They can do it, but Miles has almost 0 error. He is a beast for it.

Plus, unblockable is being put all over the game at the moment, giving miles a hell of a boost in use. Miles is awesome, can't wait to R3 mine (as a non-newer player). He fills a gap nobody else does as well as him, seems a great option for end game players.
    Niche ability for sure but I don't see myself making use of it much. I am done with all content and other than AW rage node doesn't seem super viable in general.

You can certainly like him, just not my cup of tea. I do think he is decent champ, just not a science I would use. If somebody who is progressing has him duped, it could help a lot but he feels very meh to me. Just my opinion.
    Sorry but this is a very narrow minded outlook to have on champions, nowadays its better to have someone that has niche use , but is a top champion at that niche use , than it is to have a generalist. Just look at CMM or even Omega, they were top champs back then, but with newer slash buffed champions, they’re falling from the meta.

Based on what you said, Namor would be a worthless champion to have, since his sig is even more niche. Second, unblockable is not even niche?

Do tell us, what a good science champion is in your opinion. I’m curious
    First of all Namor's sig is so much more versatile than Miles' ability and it comes with a top 5 prestige so it is just a bad comparison, Namor just brings so much more to the table even without prestige.

I just don't like him what is the problem with that lol, you don't have to agree with me. I find his use, missing unblockables, pretty useless for the most part unless you want to cheese stuff without paying much attention. I really don't see myself using him over champs like MrF, HT, CapIW, Wasp, MrNegs, Rulk, Ibom whom I actually have at r3 as 6 stars or Sp99, Void, Shehulk, SpiderGwen etc. unless I want to try something different just for fun. I really do believe all those champs have much better use than Miles and I realized I forgot champs like AntiVenom, Thing and Ihulk while I was typing this sentence.

I'm just not gonna like Miles. You can like him. That is perfectly fine.

P.S. CMM was never really "that" good imo and if you think Omega has fallen out of the meta you are playing a different game lol, there are ppl who r4'ed their sig200 Omega. I know @sleimon would agree 👀

The thing is, a lot of the champs you named don't have nearly as much uses as Miles does.

Miles has some of the strongest Taunt in game, and some insane damage to go with it, while cheesing Unblockable. Unblockable is everywhere in the game currently, making him that much more valuable.
    I tried to be nice but you are gonna make me say it. Get good at the game and you don't have to deal with unblockable... Also all the champs I listed have far more use than Miles does.
    Why play around Unblockable when you can just heavy Spam in the corner tho? And Unblockable is everywhere lately. I don't see Wasp, Anti Venom, Thing, and Spider Gwen getting nearly as much use as Miles has.

Also I feel I'm pretty ok at the game, so no worries there :)

Have a lovely day or night.
  • Options
    tafre said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

He is cool for newer players but doesn't have too much use compared to other top science options. Needs some decent sigs to have good damage so not really a great option imo.

I really disagree with this, there is no champion who deals with unblockable as well as Miles. He is the top option in the game for it. Kitty and Ghost come close and work for a lot of the time, but try phasing Apoc Sp1 or Sp2 consistently, or P2099 Specials all the time. They can do it, but Miles has almost 0 error. He is a beast for it.

Plus, unblockable is being put all over the game at the moment, giving miles a hell of a boost in use. Miles is awesome, can't wait to R3 mine (as a non-newer player). He fills a gap nobody else does as well as him, seems a great option for end game players.
    Niche ability for sure but I don't see myself making use of it much. I am done with all content and other than AW rage node doesn't seem super viable in general.

You can certainly like him, just not my cup of tea. I do think he is decent champ, just not a science I would use. If somebody who is progressing has him duped, it could help a lot but he feels very meh to me. Just my opinion.
    Sorry but this is a very narrow minded outlook to have on champions, nowadays its better to have someone that has niche use , but is a top champion at that niche use , than it is to have a generalist. Just look at CMM or even Omega, they were top champs back then, but with newer slash buffed champions, they’re falling from the meta.

Based on what you said, Namor would be a worthless champion to have, since his sig is even more niche. Second, unblockable is not even niche?

First of all Namor's sig is so much more versatile than Miles' ability and it comes with a top 5 prestige so it is just a bad comparison, Namor just brings so much more to the table even without prestige.

I just don't like him what is the problem with that lol, you don't have to agree with me. I find his use, missing unblockables, pretty useless for the most part unless you want to cheese stuff without paying much attention. I really don't see myself using him over champs like MrF, HT, CapIW, Wasp, MrNegs, Rulk, Ibom whom I actually have at r3 as 6 stars or Sp99, Void, Shehulk, SpiderGwen etc. unless I want to try something different just for fun. I really do believe all those champs have much better use than Miles and I realized I forgot champs like AntiVenom, Thing and Ihulk while I was typing this sentence.

P.S. CMM was never really "that" good imo and if you think Omega has fallen out of the meta you are playing a different game lol, there are ppl who r4'ed their sig200 Omega. I know @sleimon would agree 👀

The thing is, a lot of the champs you named don't have nearly as much uses as Miles does.

Miles has some of the strongest Taunt in game, and some insane damage to go with it, while cheesing Unblockable. Unblockable is everywhere in the game currently, making him that much more valuable.
    Get good at the game and you don't have to deal with unblockable...
    What a silly thing to say.

First of all, nearly anything in this game can be done with enough skill, so why bring any counter at all?

Get good at the game and you don’t have to deal with Korg’s Thorns, no more bringing counters just light intercept. Get good at the game and you don’t have to deal with evade, just don’t finish your combo and make sure your reactions are on point. Get good at the game and you don’t have to deal with a champ on 200% power gain getting an sp3, just bait specials, no need to bring a counter.

Oh, would you like to bring omega for Korg, Nick fury for evade or magik for power gain? I guess it’s good to bring counters for stuff, who’da thunk?

Newsflash, some things in can be done with skill, yes. But why on earth does that mean you wouldn’t bring a counter? Miles is the best champ to deal with unblockable, just because you don’t see that doesn’t mean others can’t. If you get good enough at the game why don’t you bring groot to everything? Right, because counters help.

Not to mention, I would pay money to see you deal with an unblockable mangog sp2 with “skill” because unless that “skill” is use ghost, or another counter, you’re not gonna have a very good time. Do you know who can just miss the entirety of that impossible to dodge special? Miles.

Unblockable is a challenge in the game that Miles solves, he is valuable for that reason. You can remove any risk in the fight and heavy spam in the corner if they’re permanently unblockable, or if they have unblockable specials that are hard or impossible to dodge, he removes that risk. I’d like to see your skill up against a consistently unblockable P2099, Mangog and Cable. Let’s see where that gets you.

Nobody is saying you have to like Miles, or say you enjoy using him. You prefer other champs, that’s absolutely fine. But purposely being blind to the objectively good counter that Miles brings to unblockable, is a one way ticket to having your opinion seem biased and not worth trusting.
    I mean if you need unblockable counters this much by all means GET GOOD lol. I really don't see the point of making unblockable such a big deal... I never said Miles was a bad champ btw so there is that, I just said he isn't THAT GOOD. Not even top 15 in science imo and the one thing you say he does so well? Guess what SpiderGwen does it as well with evades and she also has other utility that actually matters lol. Nobody is using Miles in high pressure situations and that is not something that is gonna change in the near future.
    This is just wrong tho. I use Miles all the time in high pressure content, and also Spider Gwen is only for specials? Miles can literally just sit in the corner and spam heavies for an entire fight with permanent Unblockable.

Also he is that good. His damage is huge, and his taunt is sooooo good. Counters power gain champs very well.

And also how does skill factor into a champs value? If a champ counters something very well, then they are a valuable champ.

I could say Ghost isn't top 15 tech and you can just use someone else if you "git gud" instead of her.

It's really just an awful argument you've put up.

Anyway, have an excellent day or night. :smile:
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    He’s great for those niche (unblockable) matchups. The other matchups not that great but decent which means there are better options. I think some people are trying to overrate him in general. They were just a few steps away from making him one of the best champs in the game but missed it either on purpose or by being stingy
    - His rupture debuff via heavy should have stacked, and maybe capped at 3.
    - His passive fury needs a refresh mechanic. Ex. Whenever he triggers a fury refreshes all of them and/or whenever he uses his miss or evade mechanic.
    His ramp up without synergy can be annoying, but the above two boost would have made it okay and synergizing him up more worth it.
    This is my observation from playing him as a r2 6star sig 20.
  • Options
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

I tried to be nice but you are gonna make me say it. Get good at the game and you don't have to deal with unblockable... Also all the champs I listed have far more use than Miles does.
    Why play around Unblockable when you can just heavy Spam in the corner tho? And Unblockable is everywhere lately. I don't see Wasp, Anti Venom, Thing, and Spider Gwen getting nearly as much use as Miles has.

AntiVenom is used in high tier AW in my bg, great synergy with another wonderful science champ Sp99. Wasp is always a great synergy partner to Ghost and that alone makes her more valuable than Miles, oh also she has all sorts of utility. SpiderGwen is actually a better version of Miles cuz she can also cheese unblockable stuff and has additional utility. There is somebody who r4ed Thing and uses him on AW attack, his sig is one of a kind etcetc I can go on. But by all means, glorify the one thing Miles can do lol. I never said Miles sucked, he just isn't THAT GOOD. I personally would never feel the need to use Miles and his ability you guys praise so much for anything in that is currently in the game. It is nice to have but not really something I would need or use. I have miles as a 6 star at sig60 btw and I opted to rank up 3-4 other science champs to r3 while I had him. Lemme say it one last time, he is a good champ, MILES better(see what I did there lol) than his trash version before the buff, and his mechanic is cool. I just don't like him and find him and his ability useful for anything that matters.
    You're wrong tho.

Miles is more then just an Unblockable counter lol.
    His Taunt is a huge utility that gets overlooked, and his damage with any Sig is pretty crazy.
    He was so useful for 7.3, I'm assuming for 7.4 as well when it drops.

Great Abyss counter. Synergizes with great champs so always an excellent addition to the team.
    Also excellent for high tier war. Taunt is insane as I said lol.

Cheeses many Map 8 paths, very sustainable due to his Miss being able to trigger through block and miss some of those longer specials that aren't Unblockable.

His Shock does 4/5k per tick so his DoT is pretty strong as well.

Obviously you can like and dislike who you want, but spreading your opinion as fact isn't something you should be doing. Personally he's top 5 science for me, and I only use Torch more then him.

Strong candidate for my second R4 after Mysterio.

Have a lovely day or night :smile:
  • Options
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

First of all, nearly anything in this game can be done with enough skill, so why bring any counter at all?

Get good at the game and you don’t have to deal with Korg’s Thorns, no more bringing counters just light intercept. Get good at the game and you don’t have to deal with evade, just don’t finish your combo and make sure your reactions are on point. Get good at the game and you don’t have to deal with a champ on 200% power gain getting an sp3, just bait specials, no need to bring a counter.

Oh, would you like to bring omega for Korg, Nick fury for evade or magik for power gain? I guess it’s good to bring counters for stuff, who’da thunk?

Newsflash, some things in can be done with skill, yes. But why on earth does that mean you wouldn’t bring a counter? Miles is the best champ to deal with unblockable, just because you don’t see that doesn’t mean others can’t. If you get good enough at the game why don’t you bring groot to everything? Right, because counters help.

Not to mention, I would pay money to see you deal with an unblockable mangog sp2 with “skill” because unless that “skill” is use ghost, or another counter, you’re not gonna have a very good time. Do you know who can just miss the entirety of that impossible to dodge special? Miles.

Unblockable is a challenge in the game that Miles solves, he is valuable for that reason. You can remove any risk in the fight and heavy spam in the corner if they’re permanently unblockable, or if they have unblockable specials that are hard or impossible to dodge, he removes that risk. I’d like to see your skill up against a consistently unblockable P2099, Mangog and Cable. Let’s see where that gets you.

Nobody is saying you have to like Miles, or say you enjoy using him. You prefer other champs, that’s absolutely fine. But purposely being blind to the objectively good counter that Miles brings to unblockable, is a one way ticket to having your opinion seem biased and not worth trusting.
    I mean if you need unblockable counters this much by all means GET GOOD lol. I really don't see the point of making unblockable such a big deal... I never said Miles was a bad champ btw so there is that, I just said he isn't THAT GOOD. Not even top 15 in science imo and the one thing you say he does so well? Guess what SpiderGwen does it as well with evades and she also has other utility that actually matters lol. Nobody is using Miles in high pressure situations and that is not something that is gonna change in the near future.
    This is just wrong tho. I use Miles all the time in high pressure content, and also Spider Gwen is only for specials? Miles can literally just sit in the corner and spam heavies for an entire fight with permanent Unblockable.

Also he is that good. His damage is huge, and his taunt is sooooo good. Counters power gain champs very well.

And also how does skill factor into a champs value? If a champ counters something very well, then they are a valuable champ.

I could say Ghost isn't top 15 tech and you can just use someone else if you "git gud" instead of her.

What is high pressure content in your books?
    And what does it matter if it is only against special attacks for SpiderGwen, if you are spamming heavy in the corner it is basically the same thing lol. I swear you guys just want to cheese stuff, no other explanation...
    Would Top 10 war count as high pressure?
    Map 8? 7.3? Abyss?
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    edited December 2021
    I don't know where you see all these unblockable characters outside of abyss when you run out of charges. I like that he can miss unblockable specials but there aren't all that many, even in war how many nodes have that? For example you say doom has unblockable sp1 but that is easily dodgeable and i can use HT and kill him way faster so why bother using miles? He is a good champ with a niche utility but it's not even one of those things you necessarily need a counter like when you need an evade counter.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

AntiVenom is used in high tier AW in my bg, great synergy with another wonderful science champ Sp99. Wasp is always a great synergy partner to Ghost and that alone makes her more valuable than Miles, oh also she has all sorts of utility. SpiderGwen is actually a better version of Miles cuz she can also cheese unblockable stuff and has additional utility. There is somebody who r4ed Thing and uses him on AW attack, his sig is one of a kind etcetc I can go on. But by all means, glorify the one thing Miles can do lol. I never said Miles sucked, he just isn't THAT GOOD. I personally would never feel the need to use Miles and his ability you guys praise so much for anything in that is currently in the game. It is nice to have but not really something I would need or use. I have miles as a 6 star at sig60 btw and I opted to rank up 3-4 other science champs to r3 while I had him. Lemme say it one last time, he is a good champ, MILES better(see what I did there lol) than his trash version before the buff, and his mechanic is cool. I just don't like him and find him and his ability useful for anything that matters.
    Dude your arguing a point that no one is even debating. No one in this thread said he was the best. You’ve just derailed it when there’s no need.

I came here looking for some miles insight as I’m considering taking mine to rank 2. Start another thread if you want to go over the best science champs.

• Options
    ZoeTheGothZoeTheGoth Posts: 27
    You guys are toxic to the community. Miles is a great champ, if some doesn’t like him, it is fine. Us miles users know what’s up. His value will increase as the game progresses, who really cares if anybody shares the same opinion as yours.
    Respect others opinions.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

Dude your arguing a point that no one is even debating. No one in this thread said he was the best. You’ve just derailed it when there’s no need.

I came here looking for some miles insight as I’m considering taking mine to rank 2. Start another thread if you want to go over the best science champs.

Agreed, this is a miles thread not best science champ thread
  • Options
    Steam97 said:

I don't know where you see all these unblockable characters outside of abyss when you run out of charges. I like that he can miss unblockable specials but there aren't all that many, even in war how many nodes have that? For example you say doom has unblockable sp1 but that is easily dodgeable and i can use HT and kill him way faster so why bother using miles? He is a good champ with a niche utility but it's not even one of those things you necessarily need a counter like when you need an evade counter.

War has Path 4, Rage, AoE mini, plus whatever champs have Unblockable specials, such as Mangog sp2
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

You're wrong tho.

His Taunt is a huge utility that gets overlooked, and his damage with any Sig is pretty crazy.

Great Abyss counter. Synergizes with great champs so always an excellent addition to the team.

Cheeses many Map 8 paths, very sustainable due to his Miss being able to trigger through block and miss some of those longer specials that aren't Unblockable.

Obviously you can like and dislike who you want, but spreading your opinion as fact isn't something you should be doing. Personally he's top 5 science for me, and I only use Torch more then him.

Bro if you are r4ing Mysterio then your whole argument fails lol.
    First of all, I never saw anybody use Miles in tier 1-2 AW, which is high tier AW. Act 7 is content that you can literally use anybody and win, pretty easy content.

Also AGAIN, I am not enforcing my opinion on anybody I am just stating it and you saying "You are wrong" as the first sentence just makes your argument flawed for real this time.

Take it or leave it from a player who has played this game for 7 years. I'd like to think I know some stuff about this game. I PERSONALLY do not find him useful. My opinion can very well change in the future but as of right now I do not find him as useful as you put him to be. Great that somebody is using him other than XanderScar lol
    How does my first R4 fail my argument? That has nothing to do with the value Miles has, and is completely irrelevant to the conversation.

I have used him in tier 1 war, and he is actually a very good counter to quite a lot of fights.
    What would you consider High Pressure content outside of war?

Also, starting with "You are wrong" does not lessen my argument at all. That was directed towards your Spider Gwen argument, who is used for completely different things.

Personally I've never seen Anti Venom used in Tier 1, but that doesn't mean he isn't used, as you said you have someone who uses him.

Not seeing someone used doesn't mean they aren't used. As someone who has played this game for 5 years, I'd like to think I know some stuff about this game.

• Options
    I will say, Miles is the best at what he does. And that alone, has high value.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

FiiNCH said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

Sorry for stating my opinion about a champ... That is what derailed it I guess, not people saying I was WRONG.
    If you think it's only because you stated your opinion then you're either purposely being blind to the real reason, or you can't work it out.

Here is what you began saying "He is cool for newer players but doesn't have too much use compared to other top science options. Needs some decent sigs to have good damage so not really a great option imo."

And you ended up devolving into a "get good", "you guys just want to cheese", "nobody uses him in top 10 war". As if any of those are remotely rational points to back up "only being cool for newer players".

People can agree or disagree rationally and respectfully, but saying "I tried to be nice but you are gonna make me say it. Get good at the game and you don't have to deal with unblockable" is not that. You were rude, and displayed something that seemed like ignorance, then doubled down when lots of people were telling you (politely) that you were wrong.

That's what derailed it, not speaking your mind.
  • Options
    tafre said:

You guys are toxic to the community. Miles is a great champ, if some doesn’t like him, it is fine. Us miles users know what’s up. His value will increase as the game progresses, who really cares if anybody shares the same opinion as yours.
    Respect others opinions.

Exactly my point, I was saying this all along. I just don't find him useful over other science champs and it is perfectly fine that others love him. That is one of the best things about this game, play who you love.

But when ppl say I am wrong and I defend myself how am I derailing stuff and becoming toxic lol.

Anyways have fun with your Miles' other anybody else, we all love this game and at the end of the day it is a game, for fun.
    I wouldn’t care too much about defending yourself, once that happens it turns into an argument lol, on my end it’s just refreshing to have a different kind of great science champ I can rely on sometimes and it not always be torch,void,capiw, or quake. Plus I’m very happy to finally have a Spider-Man that I love lol
  • Options
    ẞlue said:

Steam97 said:

War has Path 4, Rage, AoE mini, plus whatever champs have Unblockable specials, such as Mangog sp2
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

You're wrong tho.

Bro if you are r4ing Mysterio then your whole argument fails lol.
    First of all, I never saw anybody use Miles in tier 1-2 AW, which is high tier AW. Act 7 is content that you can literally use anybody and win, pretty easy content.

Also AGAIN, I am not enforcing my opinion on anybody I am just stating it and you saying "You are wrong" as the first sentence just makes your argument flawed for real this time.

Take it or leave it from a player who has played this game for 7 years. I'd like to think I know some stuff about this game. I PERSONALLY do not find him useful. My opinion can very well change in the future but as of right now I do not find him as useful as you put him to be. Great that somebody is using him other than XanderScar lol
    How does my first R4 fail my argument? That has nothing to do with the value Miles has, and is completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Yeah saying that is straight up ignorance. As if the only way to have an opinion worth listening to is ranking up one of 3 top options. God forbid you rank up someone outside of that.

Tell me, Blue, did you feel your game knowledge drain away as you ranked up a champion you enjoy?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t waste anymore of your time on him @BitterSteel. Let’s get back to basking in miles’s glory
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Wouldn’t waste anymore of your time on him @BitterSteel. Let’s get back to basking in miles’s glory

Just took him to r2 :) Without synergies he’s great but I’m Diggin the Spider-Man synergy too, o mah rank my 5* ham now
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Yup, that's my last reply to them. I'm sure a fantastic retort will come back, but I've made my point.

Back to Miles!

If anyone wants an example of his use, I have a vid here to share!

https://youtu.be/7XXDIQkK43Y

0:00 Rage node
    2:59 Aspect of War
    5:58 Abyss unblockable/unstoppable node
    9:08 Unblockable Finale
    11:08 Vigorous Assault

There are plenty more I've found since, but this was pretty early into his buff (and before 7.3 dropped which has 4 unblockable paths in each quest it seems)
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

What is high pressure content in your books?
    And what does it matter if it is only against special attacks for SpiderGwen, if you are spamming heavy in the corner it is basically the same thing lol. I swear you guys just want to cheese stuff, no other explanation...
    Would Top 10 war count as high pressure?
    Map 8? 7.3? Abyss?
    Map8 no, 7.3 no, Abyss I mean kinda, how fun is it when you are fighting for 40 min on 1 fight lol. And who the hell uses Miles in top10 war, I would love to see that. Kudos to that person right there.
    Time to force alva to give blue miles fights XD