**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Spider-Man 2099 worth taking to rank 5?

Tlyer102062006Tlyer102062006 Posts: 165
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Is Spider-Man 2099 worth taking to rank 5? 42 votes

Yes
92%
LeNoirFaineantBitterSteelHort4buffajrFoxhero007captaincushThatGuyYouSaw235UnsilentFluffyPigMonsterDenslo500RockypantherxEtjamaKRANꓘmgj0630FilledPizzaThoye3MR_61088Jaymix79FiiNCHIronGladiator22 39 votes
No
7%
Xcrøss_TRLegionnaireWasy1 3 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Yes
    Absolutely whats even better hes a champ that cannot generate buffs... hes good for matchups like Dormammu and Mojo you wont get the degen. Hes also good for nodes like spite and buffet.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Dude, this guy is a top science. R5, R3 and high five
  • Tlyer102062006Tlyer102062006 Posts: 165
    @FluffyPigMonster and @PapaMidnite007 my Spider-Man is also unduped idk if that makes a difference
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Yes
    He is very usable without the dupe. All the dupe does is keep the burst damage bigger by saving the amount of ruptures used every time the opponent crosses a bar of power. Without it you should still be an AW boss killer. If/when you dupe him it’ll be a nice bonus.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

He is very usable without the dupe. All the dupe does is keep the burst damage bigger by saving the amount of ruptures used every time the opponent crosses a bar of power. Without it you should still be an AW boss killer. If/when you dupe him it’ll be a nice bonus.

That's not necessarily all it does. Just like with Herc, his combat power increase with sig level gets overlooked constantly. It's actually quite a big plus for both champs as it helps you cycle specials far faster. Regardless, you're absolutely correct that he's still totally viable for tons of things unduped
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Yes

@FluffyPigMonster and @PapaMidnite007 my Spider-Man is also unduped idk if that makes a difference

Hes good without the dupe but definitely benefits him
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★

That's not necessarily all it does. Just like with Herc, his combat power increase with sig level gets overlooked constantly. It's actually quite a big plus for both champs as it helps you cycle specials far faster. Regardless, you're absolutely correct that he's still totally viable for tons of things unduped
    So would you feed him science sigs over all the other science champs? Aside from cap iw
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

So would you feed him science sigs over all the other science champs? Aside from cap iw
    Depends on who you have and what your goals are. I have mine at 6* R3 sig 180 currently. I'd have him at max but I'm still trying to dupe Peni from the featured.