**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Brian Grant leaving his alliance take

Comments

• Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★

I have fun playing this game and have zero concern what other players do to progress. I do not want to compete with the top end of the alliances. There are no real rewards, just more virtual doodads we can use to win more virtual doodads. So why get fussed about it? Just play have have fun. It’s easy.

Why are you fussing about others talking about it ?
    Why are you fussing about his optimistic statement simply saying we should all just enjoy the VIDEO GAME!!,….seems kinda like your being kind of TOXIC.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★

I have fun playing this game and have zero concern what other players do to progress. I do not want to compete with the top end of the alliances. There are no real rewards, just more virtual doodads we can use to win more virtual doodads. So why get fussed about it? Just play have have fun. It’s easy.

Why are you fussing about others talking about it ?
    How you got that from what I said is unclear. I was specifically saying I do not get fussed.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

This is the "we are going to go ahead and let you resign before we fire you" routine. The YouTuber makes a vid saying hes quitting for whatever reason and gets to save face. The dudes alliance doesn't look like they value prizes over people. It should really be in an HR text book for how to handle an organization having to get rid of someone but no one looks to be the bad guy.

Is Pete still in there? Buddy? What’s the alliance leaders prestige?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★
    If last 3 months my 6*s pulls weren't abysmal I'd be more happier and less like BG.
    After BG completely stops(highly unlikely), my grind streams will be at enzo's and Joel's.
    I'll miss his streams, it was easier to grind with BG's chat making jokes and insightful comments in background.
  • Options
    D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42

Comes down to a simple point that was expressed last year

Money gets you further in this game compared to hard work, finishing content and doing AQ and AW for a year.

It’s gotten worse this year.

Agree in general but I think that's more so down to a lack of content released recently rather than it being a decision to just go towards pay to win.

Act 6 was released in the space of a year, along with 3 Variants and Abyss at the end. So far we are looking at over 2 years for Act 7 with 3 Variants and SoP in the same time frame. You can add Carina's challenges to that but it's not exactly creating new content.

This could be put down to a number of things like MROC, bugs, staffing etc but I think the main issue is the pandemic. Hopefully once things get a bit better there can be some alignment of the game economy and content side of things.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    As a spender i agree with B.G in some aspects, i feel that the rewards structure in game in term of progression took 10 steps back, i agree that if you spend you should be able to get things that free to play don't but i also believe that you have to have things in game that's only obtainable by actually playing the game. Act 5 and Act6 rewards structure in term of progression was far better than act 7 also back then a top spender prestige would be 10700 while a free to play will be 10200, truth be told the game is not going in the right direction as it is today and with new content people are less motivated to do them for example I've yet to do the last 2 variant there's nothing unique about it and when i look at the rewards vs content its pointless for me to even do it, for 1 i don't enjoy the content i think the nodes and interactions are silly and i also don't think the rewards has been updated enough for me to even put the effort,.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 385 ★★★
    Sad to see long-term players leave...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,141 ★★★★★

Comes down to a simple point that was expressed last year

Money gets you further in this game compared to hard work, finishing content and doing AQ and AW for a year.

It’s gotten worse this year.

When hasn't money gotten you further in this game or any other game that has micro transactions?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,141 ★★★★★
    KaLikOT said:

He has been pulling his alliance prestige down for a few years now, it’s not like it happened overnight. Let’s face it, if he is not a well known YouTubed, they have kicked him from 4l0ki a long time ago.

What really happened is he finally realized what he is doing to his Alliance and be decent enough to leave on his own.

4Loki hasn't been trying hard in AQ for a long time. That's the only place prestige matters. They go harder in AW than in AQ.