**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Here's To A Happy New Year

ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
Well. 2021 was something. Can't elaborate further, it's literally just a something. Whether or not that something was great is debatable among people. In my case, well it was pretty rotten. But let's put that behind us.

I live in NZ, which means my timezone is ahead of every country in the world aside from Samoa (and people say that Australia lives in the future). I'll be seeing 2022 in 30 minutes and kiss 2021 goodbye like I wrote Death On Two Legs. Then it'll slowly roll out to other countries across the world.

But that's enough rambling from me.

Here's to a happy 2022!

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Post your first crystal opening in 2022 here. :)
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I've got about 7 hours to go, and I'm looking forward to writing the year wrong on everything for the next 3 months. You've got like 3 mins, I presume, so happy new year!

PS: How's it like in NZ?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

I've got about 7 hours to go, and I'm looking forward to writing the year wrong on everything for the next 3 months. You've got like 3 mins, I presume, so happy new year!

Generally beautiful place. Avoid Auckland. Jacinda is overhyped. We have names like Temuera Morrison, Karl Urban, Jemaine Clement and Taika Waiti under our belt. Great place to avoid countries because everyone forgets us on the map, plus we live even further in the future than the Aussies. You can also summon a New Zealander in a crowd by saying "Tutira mai nga iwi."

Generally beautiful place. Avoid Auckland. Jacinda is overhyped. We have names like Temuera Morrison, Karl Urban, Jemaine Clement and Taika Waiti under our belt. Great place to avoid countries because everyone forgets us on the map, plus we live even further in the future than the Aussies.
    Only heard of the last one, but I could name half a hundred cricketers from there. Ah, my geography is a bit rusty, I think. From what I here, people there are exceptionally pleasant.

Generally beautiful place. Avoid Auckland. Jacinda is overhyped. We have names like Temuera Morrison, Karl Urban, Jemaine Clement and Taika Waiti under our belt. Great place to avoid countries because everyone forgets us on the map, plus we live even further in the future than the Aussies.
    Only heard of the last one, but I could name half a hundred cricketers from there. Ah, my geography is a bit rusty, I think. From what I here, people there are exceptionally pleasant.
    Some are good, some are eggs and the rest are Australian Lite.

Never heard of people describing other people as eggs, but I am stealing that. Say 'mate' a lot?

Never heard of people describing other people as eggs, but I am stealing that. Say 'mate' a lot?
    Not as much as the Aussies, but yeah we use mate a fair bit. Like "oh nah bro I'm going with my mates". There's an accurate description of what egg means in urban dictionary, the one that states it's NZ.

Not as much as the Aussies, but yeah we use mate a fair bit. Like "oh nah bro I'm going with my mates". There's an accurate description of what egg means in urban dictionary, the one that states it's NZ.
    I've looked it up, thanks for the reference. Definitely going to be calling people eggs from now on. I believe Cliff Curtis and KJ Apa are also from there?

I've looked it up, thanks for the reference. Definitely going to be calling people eggs from now on. I believe Cliff Curtis and KJ Apa are also from there?
    Never heard of KJ Apa before, but yeah, both him and Cliff Curtis are from here.

Never heard of KJ Apa before, but yeah, both him and Cliff Curtis are from here.
    Archie from Riverdale? Haven't watched the show, but people make a big deal of out it. Cliff Curtis played my favorite character in The Meg.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Mark my words, 2022 will be a big year for mcoc.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Mark my words, 2020 2: Electric Boogaloo will be the greatest sequel to 2020