**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Scorpion theory from Reddit (Possible Febuary/April champ confirmed?)

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
So Toad has a synergy with a yet released character:

This one person on Reddit had a great theory about it:
Seems like it’s gonna be Scorpion.
In the fable The Scorpion and the Frog, “it’s in my nature” is what the scorpion says after stabbing the frog in the back while crossing a river, dooming them both.
With a Hell’s Kitchen event coming I think in February, and multiple Spider-Man events this year, I’m guessing he’ll turn up sometime soon.

What do you guys think? Will see Scorpion in February? April?
Special thanks to u/oneironcueball for the theory!

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 836 ★★★★
    Totally agree, sounds like a good chance for an April drop. Will be interesting to see how they implement Scorpion and make him unique.
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
    Bonus theory from myself:
    In an interview done by Jay Axe (MCOC YouTuber who interviewed Kabam people) we learned that "Sandman is build and ready"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY4XZBNUWHA&t=241s
    Since Sandman in tv shows is often portrayed as a villain, who still tries to help those in need at certain moments and even teaming up with Spider-man in multiple of the latest shows. He could be the character we all assumed Black Cat to be. And then Scorpion joins as the actual foe.
    I am not 100% on this, but as a Sandman fan I might just be holding on to the idea.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    This is a great reveal. I hope it stays true to the fable and we get a Scorpion.

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Mysterio said:

In an interview done by Jay Axe (MCOC YouTuber who interviewed Kabam people) we learned that "Sandman is build and ready"
    Since Sandman in tv shows is often portrayed as a villain, who still tries to help those in need at certain moments and even teaming up with Spider-man in multiple of the latest shows. He could be the character we all assumed Black Cat to be. And then Scorpion joins as the actual foe.
    I am not 100% on this, but as a Sandman fan I might just be holding on to the idea.

the silhouettes they showed looked like one guy and one gal, kinda like sandman and black cat to me
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★

Mysterio said:

the silhouettes they showed looked like one guy and one gal, kinda like sandman and black cat to me
    If that happens, the Scorpion would be a Feb champ and Sandman an April one, if that happens. I will be a happy Fishbowl.
    Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

If that happens, the Scorpion would be a Feb champ and Sandman an April one, if that happens. I will be a happy Fishbowl.
    February is a Hell’s Kitchen event. There is a Daredevil comic that Daredevil is recovering and ends up fighting the Scorpion. BW is in the comic as well. Since Hell’s Kitchen has been separated (Kabam Roadmap for 2022) maybe there’s a tie in there. It sounds like a bit of a stretch but who knows?
    Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

Mysterio said:

February is a Hell’s Kitchen event. There is a Daredevil comic that Daredevil is recovering and ends up fighting the Scorpion. BW is in the comic as well. Since Hell’s Kitchen has been separated (Kabam Roadmap for 2022) maybe there’s a tie in there. It sounds like a bit of a stretch but who knows?
    Well call me Mr Fantastic cause I am ready to stretch!
    That made me chuckle