**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So let me see if I understand this ....

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Kabam uses Jessica Jones picture as a way to promote their variant , they have all the Defenders except her including TWO versions of Iron Fist off and now we are getting Toad of all people but still no Jessica Jones ? This just doesn’t make sense to me . I could understand if this was some kind of copy right issue and they can’t get her character but they are already literally using her face to promote a variant so for some reason this must be a conscious decision not to include her and I just don’t get it . Has Kabam ever said something on the issue ?

Comments

• Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Kabam uses Jessica Jones picture as a way to promote their variant , they have all the Defenders except her including TWO versions of Iron Fist off and now we are getting Toad of all people but still no Jessica Jones ? This just doesn’t make sense to me . I could understand if this was some kind of copy right issue and they can’t get her character but they are already literally using her face to promote a variant so for some reason this must be a conscious decision not to include her and I just don’t get it . Has Kabam ever said something on the issue ?

I believe they were developing her and never got back to a final version.

There was some talk about the tone of the show and what her character represented, but I’m not sure that’s 100% accurate and could just have been forum slop.

This was back in 2015-16 or so around the time Luke Cage and DDHK were released.

• Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    She’s been in the game with animations for years, not sure why she was never released. Unfortunately, seeing her now doesn’t really suggest she’s planned for anytime soon, as we saw her years ago already.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Reportedly someone from Kabam said that they had a version of Jessica, but she wasn't particularly distinct from Black Widow. Frankly, her powers of super-strength and limited flight are so generic I struggle to see how they'd make her a worthwhile addition in the prefight/cross-fight/ramp-up abilities age we're in now. She was notoriously garbage in Future Fight too when I played. Dunno if her Jewel uniform improved her or not.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Reportedly someone from Kabam said that they had a version of Jessica, but she wasn't particularly distinct from Black Widow. Frankly, her powers of super-strength and limited flight are so generic I struggle to see how they'd make her a worthwhile addition in the prefight/cross-fight/ramp-up abilities age we're in now. She was notoriously garbage in Future Fight too when I played. Dunno if her Jewel uniform improved her or not.

Yeah she's be in essence a female Luke Cage without the bleed immunity and unstoppable. It's a pickle.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

They can do something with her detective skills like Jabari Panther's hunt or DDHK. After an opponent evades or blocks or triggers an ability, she can reduce the potency, duration, stop it from working. In the period they're figured out she gains increased attack plus other things.

Kabam developers are creative - Look at Spider-ham with his poker poppers, Super Skrull with Undermine, etc
    I think the reason she isn't in the game yet is because it's Marvel that approves characters. If Marvel wants her in the game as an OP champ, she will be there.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    How interesting of a kit could jessica jones really be though? So many cooler characters IMO that i would rather them work on
  • Options
    dynastyhowldynastyhowl Posts: 45
    I would love Jessica Jones in MCOC. I'm sure they can think of something. You could give her awesome defenders related synergies buffing the mediocre defender champs.