about the voting system for summoners choice

i feel like people with multiple accounts gets to vote more than once for each bracket, which isnt fair if they votes are for example quick silver, people with multiple accounts can vote for quick silver on all their accounts so it is more guaranteed for quick silver to win

Comments

• ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Posts: 500 ★★★
    Hort4 said:

Only if they vote for quicksilver. Why do you think people with multiple accounts won’t be at the same percentage of votes for other champions as the general population?

people with more accounts gets more than 4 votes, so if they had 2 actives accounts then that means they get 8 votes towards the new champions
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,284 ★★★★★
    I already logged 20 accounts and voted

Agatha
    Zemo!!!!!!!
    QWICKSALVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

i feel like people with multiple accounts gets to vote more than once for each bracket, which isnt fair if they votes are for example quick silver, people with multiple accounts can vote for quick silver on all their accounts so it is more guaranteed for quick silver to win

You just gave me an idea. But I won’t be voting for Quicksilver

Jk, not making an alt. I’ll play legit
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 503 ★★★

Hort4 said:

Only if they vote for quicksilver. Why do you think people with multiple accounts won’t be at the same percentage of votes for other champions as the general population?

people with more accounts gets more than 4 votes, so if they had 2 actives accounts then that means they get 8 votes towards the new champions
    I understand they get multiple votes but guess what - I hey might not all vote for quicksilver.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

everyone

?

Who is everyone?

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

Hort4 said:

Nothing is stopping you from making game alts and doing the same.

Over the course of my time playing I have made 3 alts before this November. And 1 this November that’s 4 alts plus my main. 5 accounts. The 4 alts are just there when I get bored or I wanna grind units for the gifting events

Ultimately Kabam doesn’t know if all accounts are different players or alts. And ultimately it doesn’t matter. Separate accounts ate just that. Separate.

Should Kabam go through all accounts and cross reference everything to make sure it’s not an alt account before handing out things like this?

Or are you just upset that a majority of us with these alts will make the same selections? Because yeah all my accounts have voted for Quicksilver. Even told my friends and significant others to also vote for him.

I wonder if you would have made this post if you thought those with alt accounts would 90% chose who YOU wanted.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,238 Guardian

i feel like people with multiple accounts gets to vote more than once for each bracket, which isnt fair

The reality of this game is that accounts aren't tied to people, so it is essentially impossible to restrict votes to one per person. Plus, no popularity contest is "fair" nor are they intended to be. They are intended to encourage engagement. The people who want to vote get to vote. The people who want to vote on more than one account get to vote on more than one account.

You could argue that it isn't fair that the people who play the game get to vote several times, while the people who don't only get to vote on twitter. But we don't care if people who don't play the game get less votes. We don't mind if the voting isn't "fair" in that sense. Given how difficult it would be to somehow limit votes per person, and given that the issues with letting people with multiple accounts vote multiple times isn't a big deal when we factor in engagement, and given that we're talking about a popularity contest anyway and not voting on some objectively critical part of the game, I think this is a reasonable compromise methodology to take.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,947 ★★★★★
    If it helps, I picked all the obscure champs I've never heard of.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Posts: 710 ★★★
    Bullseye 🎯 needs to win people. Pleaseeeee.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,468 ★★★★★

Agatha
    Zemo!!!!!!!

I only have one Account, but we voted for 2 of the same. I also voted for Beta Ray Bill. Lol.
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37

Agatha
    Zemo!!!!!!!

Man, i hate democracy...