**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Duped Ghost advice

CangaceiroCangaceiro Posts: 429
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Is the Wasp synergy still necessary for a duped ghost? I have other Science champs I’d rather use.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    wasp synergy is what lets you chain from your combo, dash back and immediately use special which becomes unblockable, so yes wasp synergy is still needed to make ghost a lot easier to use.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Ghost can fully stand alone without synergies if you know how to use her. There are times where it's incredibly beneficial to include hood synergy though.

Is wasp necessary? No.
    Is it helpful? Sure.

But needed? Definitely not. If you learn the character animations you can phase and punish the defender when they attempt to attack with a special, negating the entire need for the unblockable special.

Only difference being is that having it unblockable might save yourself from a potential mistake, and might make the fight a few seconds faster.

Wasp is a strong champ with good utility on her own. So its not like it's a wasted synergy slot.

If it was a 3 man attack team with key focus on ghost, I would likely still run hood and have KP as the third attacker over wasp for personal preference.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Search up 'how to use ghost without wasp' on YouTube. There should be some videos that show u the method to use her without wasp.

Once u get the hang of it, wasp isn't really needed. She does make her smoother to play, but she wouldn't be *needed*.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

Is the Wasp synergy still necessary for a duped ghost? I have other Science champs I’d rather use.

Some choose to leave her off the team, but myself and I think a lot of other folks choose to bring her. It's just so much easier to not have to think about if you've successfully baited the AI into a dash to land the special.

I personally really like Wasp anyway. And use her quite often. She's fun because similar to Ghost, she kind of has her own playstyle. Using minimal to zero blocked hits in the fight. The goal is to corner them and heavy until they have a bar, then stand open to bait them, and go right back into heavy until sp2, heavy cancel after first hit into sp2. Repeat if they are not dead. You'll want to select fights with an avoidable/punishable sp1 though. That's where she shines. And can use her true no-block playstyle. (First match in this video is an example - damage is boosted by nodes here)

https://youtu.be/qyrfsNHSEGI
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Wasp is basically training wheels. Makes it very easy to land sp2s. But with practice you can play her without the synergy.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    It’s easy to learn ghost