**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you like getting cav crystals from sq rewards or would you prefer more 5 and 6 star shards?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
I’d like to preface this by saying I’m not making the poll because I’ve had bad cav crystal luck.

For at least the last 6 months kabam has been giving out cavalier crystals as part of the side quest rewards or just general rewards for the month. We’ve also seen a slight decrease in 5 and 6 star rewards from sq at the same time. So I was wondering, do you like getting cav crystals every month or would you prefer to get more 5 and 6 star shards from sq as a replacement for the cavs?

Do you like getting cav crystals from sq rewards or would you prefer more 5 and 6 star shards? 154 votes

I like getting cav crystals
33%
Markjv81Ace_03ExHavokMonk1Total_Domin01pseudosaneMadhanHiphopEgretM4anggafkGogeta91199zXETHOXzRockyshockyspfspiderKpratish1997SnakepDylanphileBen550pCtuchikOGAvengerbrahimpi99 51 votes
I’d prefer dropping the cavs for more 5 and 6 star shards
58%
winterthurMasterSmokeDrZolaRaganatormostlyharmlessnLightburn22abn86Rapheruheru511jdrum663JetenyoSpeedbumpGK_23adramelchVuDahUncle_Fatty_247Longshot_33Sw0rdMasterXSquadAantho 90 votes
No preference
8%
Foxhero007QuikPikCupidCap366SbkruebHavanaknightBlackshadow0203Zan0Gr8TonyStarkRiptideTJaySHIELD4AGENTCiedre 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    The only positive is I don’t tend have an Iso drought anymore because of them. But rarely get anything of any use. I’m hunting them 6* so would prefer straight up shards.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    5* and 6* shards can coexist with these monthly themed CAVS. Don’t see the need to drop em. Good source of ISO for players that need it, and fun to pop.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Will3808 said:

Sorry to say this bud but this doesn’t prove anything. If you post all of your pulls from the cavs in the last 6 months I bet these are almost your only good pulls.
    Proves literally anything triggers people here lmao. It’s up to chance, i rarely get lucky from these cavs but when ya do get lucky, it’s a better feeling than opening a 6* crystal.
    @ChaosMax1012 I’m not triggered. I’m just saying you can’t use these three pulls from this month to prove kabam giving us cavs is a good thing.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

Will3808 said:

Sorry to say this bud but this doesn’t prove anything. If you post all of your pulls from the cavs in the last 6 months I bet these are almost your only good pulls.
    Proves literally anything triggers people here lmao. It’s up to chance, i rarely get lucky from these cavs but when ya do get lucky, it’s a better feeling than opening a 6* crystal.
    @ChaosMax1012 I’m not triggered. I’m just saying you can’t use these three pulls from this month to prove kabam giving us cavs is a good thing.
    Sorry i shoulda specified. Comment wasn’t directed towards you, but toward the 6 disagrees.
  • Options
    Btw my cav luck was pretty crazy last month and this month. 6* MF, and maw on mini, with like 10-15 5*s combined on main and many. Thing is I’m not saying these crystals are better than 5 and 6* shards, but it adds a fun bit of luck which can suck when you pull multiple 3*s but exciting when you actually pull a higher rarity. I’ve been playing a while and basic 6* crystals aren’t even that eye catching anymore. For me atleast. Thing about cavs is, it gives lower level players a chance to catch up faster or gather more ISO they may need, as well as having a chance to drop 5 and 6*s to more advanced players who may find the shards useful or potentially pull someone new. It’s a nice surprise kabam has been adding every month and i find we still get a fair bit of 6* shards anyway.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    As a F2P, when I get me cavs, its hurting my account, because there are usually no deals, just 300 units for a slight 6* chance, which could be Rhino, so no big help. And I've always liked wide-star-spread crystals, excitement is better, when you get the top prize. And I think I'm quite lucky with these, I have 3-month streak of 6* champs, even two 6* last month.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 900 ★★★
    I got 6* back to back (months), so definitely Cav crystals all the way. They are my 9th and 10th 6* but then they are Iron Patriot and Nightcrawler, so not earth shattering heroes by any stretch but that’s my first Tech 6*!
    So 10k 6* shards on average from the monthly event which I bet is better than any shards Kabam will offer otherwise.
    Hope everyone will get lucky as well with their pulls this month!
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    After completing the most difficult path in legendary i got my choice of 1 of 3 4 stars! Dump the cavaliers! They suck!
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I wish they moved away from the idea that cavs are high end crystals. I don’t like seeing deals with cav nexus crystals, nor monthly cavs that rarely yield anything cool
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    3*'s in a cav crystal is like knowing the mystery item on your dinner plate could be chittlins that were not properly cleaned and prepared...
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Helps with iso shortages
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Helps with iso shortages

Honestly that's what 4*'s do for me
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I really liked it when we had the yearly cav crystals at the end of 2020.

I’d rather Kabam re-introduce that and remove these monthly cavs. I hate the RNG element with them.