**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hit Monkey - Jan Side Quest - Legendary Boss - Advice Need

FrydayFryday Posts: 673 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Hello,

I'm struggling with a strategy to take down Hit Monkey. Juggling between:-
Falter every 6 seconds
Regeneration 90% of damage (in between Striker cooling down)
Hit Monkey's Evade, Unblockable and Crits

By the time I managed to dex Hit Monkey (Unblockable) SP1, the Falter started, which last around 4 seconds (out of 6 seconds timer), so I end up spending most of the time trying to dex (which we all know how reliable the game input are these days). Just 1 missed Parry (or from Falter or Evade), and I get hit in the face by Hit Monkey crits and KOed.

Have anyone find an affective counter or strategy?

And advice would be appreciated 😊
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• I've been using bwdo. I'll repeat heavies or prevent knocking him down till I get sp2. Knock down, parry. Sp2, repeat
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Didn’t even read the nodes, solo with bishop, admittedly he’s r3 though.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    NF takes him down pretty well. Probably would have used my Molegod if I had him up one more rank.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I used Warlock and waited out the Falter.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Cable shreds with apoc. He just melts away even with his primal rage active.

Cable with Apoc melts him

Cane to say the same. Nothing special to do.

Void works well too. H.M. Basically won't heal the entire fight so just watch out for the falter timer. A little slow, but very doable.

Haven't tried with Moleman yet, but that should go pretty well too.
  • Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 98
    Moleman
    2 heavies
    Go into frenzy
    Game over
  • Jed4223Jed4223 Posts: 14
    I used a 5* r4 Professor X and soloed all 5 times, and I wouldn't say I'm a great Prof X player.

Once he gets to 25 charges (one sp1), he can't miss or be evaded, and his falter saved me in almost every fight.

The only thing is, I wouldn't recommend using the striker. It did some weird stuff with his charges, and I preferred Professor X to go into Mind Control.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Can you post your roster? I have some suggestions but admittedly they're mostly r3 or r5. I hate when someone responds to advice and says "Ah, no problem, use ________." Like we all have that champ at a usable rank
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Has anyone ever considered abusing the node so you don't have to use the striker? Old man Logan has nearly 100% up time on his regen. No striker needed.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I used non-horseman Wolverine
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Solo'd with archangel. Get a few neurotoxins on him and it shuts down his evades. He melted.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Use AA, with or without Apoc. Good enough to finish Hit Monkey easily.
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 673 ★★★
    @GinjabredMonsta - Oh I could imagine BWDO would be awesome, I still on the hunt for her and Nick at 5* or higher.

@Sw0rdMaster - Thank you very much for the advice and the videos too, it help a lot, I don't have Pro X, but do have a 5* MM.

Also have no idea why people would disagreed with your comment, strange.

@Lpoo - A very good point, really appreciated the understanding, from the msgs below, I think I have Arch and MM in 5* that might have a chance. I also have Warlock, I did try him first (as I thought he would do well in control regen), but I wasn't skill enough like to @GroundedWisdom , so got owned by Hit Monkey :smiley:

As for champs, I'm still on a hunter for Nick, Pro X, Wol, BWDO (5* or higher). I also need to up Apo when I get enough ranking materials.

@DrZola - Wisdom as always, I did feel like I had quite a feel dex input issues, so it might be a good idea to wait to see if we get any new hot fix, there are still time hopefully.

Just want to thanks everyone for the great advice, really appreciated it. Based on the feedback and my current roster, I think it will give MM and Arch a good try.
  • SHAYUSHAYU Posts: 78
    GWENPOOL solo easily
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I tested DDHK in uncollected ... easy win .. so going to try him in cav .. the ability to completely ignore the falter I think is the big key to dealing with this fight.

So yeah, Prof X and Nick are also very good options for this reason .. ;)
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

@Sw0rdMaster - Thank you very much for the advice and the videos too, it help a lot, I don't have Pro X, but do have a 5* MM.

Can also Ghost him. Just throw in afew heavies to keep the damage up.
    https://youtu.be/VR3HuG5gmls