**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Map 8 AQ with modifiers

When we get modifiers for map 8 of AQ? Any information from Kabam? 8 map was announced months ago and we got the message that modifiers will be later, but that’s all! No more information

Comments

• Crys23Crys23 Posts: 736 ★★★★
    Modifiers only purpose was to inflate the scores and give t5cc, up to 10%
    Map8 inflates the score all on its own and the t5cc has been added to rank rewards.
    There is no need for modifiers on map8.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Modifiers only purpose was to inflate the scores and give t5cc, up to 10%
    Map8 inflates the score all on its own and the t5cc has been added to rank rewards.
    There is no need for modifiers on map8.

It is currently possible to get more t5cc by running Map 7 with modifiers than Map 8, as running Map 8 renders an alliance ineligible for Honor rewards. I don’t need modifiers on Map 8, I actually quite enjoy not having to deal with them, but I would like to start receiving Honor rewards again. And at this point it seems like the only way that will happen is with the release of modifiers.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 736 ★★★★
    The 10% t5cc i was getting in honor rewards from modifiers, I'm getting in rank rewards running map8.
    I say it's the perfect balance. You want t5cc, run modifiers on map7. You want higher rank rewards, run map8, gives more points overall.
    The only way I'd be ok with modifiers on map8 is if they give r4 materials. I have dozens and dozens of unopened t5cc crystals, dont need anymore at the moment
  • Atomic_TomAtomic_Tom Posts: 19
    I’m talking about t6cc and alpha3 as honor rewards, there’s no way to get some of it except to be in top 45 alliances
  • Atomic_TomAtomic_Tom Posts: 19
    Btw if you don’t need it you still have option to play map8 without modifiers
    Gmonkey said:

Want overhauled glory store first. Would love to get more t6basic and t3 alpha.

These things are not mutually exclusive. They can both happen.
    Crys23 said:

The 10% t5cc i was getting in honor rewards from modifiers, I'm getting in rank rewards running map8.
    I say it's the perfect balance. You want t5cc, run modifiers on map7. You want higher rank rewards, run map8, gives more points overall.
    The only way I'd be ok with modifiers on map8 is if they give r4 materials. I have dozens and dozens of unopened t5cc crystals, dont need anymore at the moment

While this is lovely for you, there are a great many players who are still spending their t5cc on rank ups and would ideally like to both be able to progress in the content they are doing and receive relevant rewards for it.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    map 8 barely rewards more than map 7 + modifiers (we are getting 12% vs. 10% T5CC for example)... but costs 15 tickets more.

either they should cost the same, or you should be able to get "twice the rewards". I understand waiting a month for people to vet the nodes and paths... but it is now time to at least let people add the old modifiers, if not add new ones.
    I agree with @thepiggy, the current top tier modifiers would be awful for Map 8. I can’t imagine dealing with Flux Dispersal/Back at It/Pull! Modok in section 1 with Parry Curse or Turn the Tide active. Sounds truly miserable. Really the only one that might still be palatable is So Sayeth Doom, but it’s now pretty outdated (seeing as we’re two AQ bosses past Doom).

If new modifiers are to be brought in, I’d say they should be fairly simple and straightforward. Map 8 is an immensely complicated piece of content, so layering complex globals on top of it would be a lot to deal with.