**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iceman gets punished after ending combo with a Medium attack? [Under Investigation]

DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I don't remember this happening often before as I used to use my Iceman a lot, but then stopped for a bit after i got X23 and wolverine. But as of recently I feel like I get punished very often after ending combos in mediums. Initially i noticed it while fighting Morningstar and Mephisto in the Boss Rush Challenge, but I've been noticing it in other places as well.

By punish I mean the opponent is able to attack me back quickly after my medium attack animation finishes, whether it be clipping me with a special attack or just attacking me with a combo.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I've spoken to my alliance about it and one other member has noticed this as well.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• You are not alone on this. Iceman is my top champ , use him all the time aq and questing arena you name it . I've experienced similar results and it is punishment on master mode and often very costly in AQ. Iceman seems a bit more sluggish , maybe is the way I'd describe his animations as of late. Again this is one of many gameplay issues i have issue with that aren't being resolved .
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I have noticed this too... I think that his medium's animation lingers at the end. So you have to mentally account for that. The time that you would usually wait before parrying after a medium needs to be trimmed by a fraction of a second. He sort of does this slide kick and he stays in that position for a long time...
  • DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
    You are not alone on this. Iceman is my top champ , use him all the time aq and questing arena you name it . I've experienced similar results and it is punishment on master mode and often very costly in AQ. Iceman seems a bit more sluggish , maybe is the way I'd describe his animations as of late. Again this is one of many gameplay issues i have issue with that aren't being resolved .
    Tempest wrote: »
    I have noticed this too... I think that his medium's animation lingers at the end. So you have to mentally account for that. The time that you would usually wait before parrying after a medium needs to be trimmed by a fraction of a second. He sort of does this slide kick and he stays in that position for a long time...

Agreed with you both. I feel like he is more sluggish, cause I remember recovering from his medium attack used to be a bit quicker than it is now. Now I have to continuously hold block throughout the animation of my medium to make sure I don't get punished. Rather annoying.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. Thanks for letting us know about this! We're going to take a look at it, and I'll let you know once I have an update for you.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Only problem nowadays is
    You can't parry after finishing a combo further AI is getting very much INTELLIGENT, although it's Artificial but they are very intelligent as they know how you play and block on exact time when you hit them or use special
    Further they bait you to hit them dropping their blocks and when you rush to them they evade your attacks/block and hit you back
    I'm using only Sp3 right now to be safe lol :*
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Oh good grief. Was this a factor in why I couldn't beat Mephisto? I don't play Iceman a lot. I only recently got him. I'm going to be mad if I wasted all those resources and didn't get the rewards for Boss Rush because of this.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    So, I guess I’m the only one here that isn’t actually having problems with iceman. Just did boss rush today, and used him without any problems. And I definitely used his medium combo ender pretty much every combo
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    So, I guess I’m the only one here that isn’t actually having problems with iceman. Just did boss rush today, and used him without any problems. And I definitely used his medium combo ender pretty much every combo

Don't know how lol. With morningstar I'd be swiping back the entire time in hat little time frame after I did a medium and I'd often get clipped by the first hit of her sp1, as well as mephisto where I'd get clipped by that first blast of fire he shoots from his hands. I'd be free to move after I get clipped by them but it doesn't change the fact that I'd be swiping back continuously and nothing I could do would prevent it unless I ended the combo with a light attack.
    Only problem nowadays is
    You can't parry after finishing a combo further AI is getting very much INTELLIGENT, although it's Artificial but they are very intelligent as they know how you play and block on exact time when you hit them or use special
    Further they bait you to hit them dropping their blocks and when you rush to them they evade your attacks/block and hit you back
    I'm using only Sp3 right now to be safe lol :*

I do agree that it's somewhat smarter AI but not entirely. It's the time window after his medium attack, it's just way too slow. My main characters I use other than Iceman are Wolverine, X23, Hulk, Mordo, Dormammu, Hyperion, Nightcrawler, and Ultron and NONE of them have a problem with parrying or dodging back after a medium attack except for Iceman. Any damage I take would be from my own mistake.