**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Red Hulk be incinerate immune?

I saw on Seatin's stream yesterday where he suggested that if Red Hulk could be incinerate immune people would find a lot more use in him. I think it would be best if he was entirely immune to energy damage. This would finally make him useful as his damage output is very very low, and finally we would have a decent science matchup against mystic champions. I also thought that since Red Hulk already deals energy damage, instead of just being immune to energy damage also, instead he could convert it into regeneration, or more heat charges. He could even reverse the energy damage inflicted on him back onto the enemy, which would greatly compensate for his poor damage output.

Anyone else think this is a good idea or could add to this? At the moment this character is mostly useless.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Entirely immune to energy damage? That would be riddiculous honestly.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    He's not mostly useless; and he already converts energy attacks to heat charges when he's blocking.

His physical damage isn't awesome, but isn't 'very very low' either (although not so good on criticals); and with 6 heat charges, you get a 66% follow-up Energy damage, which makes a huge difference. He's also poison immune and gets a big boost to his durability when his Sig is Awakened. He's no buffs to trigger MD, and heat charges can't be dispelled or nullified.

I think he's not too bad, on balance - but I do agree he should be immune to Incinerate (or even convert to heat charges, like Vulture). That would make some sort of sense.

Whilst doing that, his bonus energy damage could be altered to bonus incinerate damage; which would tie it together nicely.

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I think he should eat them like poison and convert to charges. He needs to take energy damage though.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    He's not mostly useless; and he already converts energy attacks to heat charges when he's blocking.

His physical damage isn't awesome, but isn't 'very very low' either (although not so good on criticals); and with 6 heat charges, you get a 66% follow-up Energy damage, which makes a huge difference. He's also poison immune and gets a big boost to his durability when his Sig is Awakened. He's no buffs to trigger MD, and heat charges can't be dispelled or nullified.

I think he's not too bad, on balance - but I do agree he should be immune to Incinerate (or even convert to heat charges, like Vulture). That would make some sort of sense.

Whilst doing that, his bonus energy damage could be altered to bonus incinerate damage; which would tie it together nicely.

He's not poison immune
    NormanBJJ wrote: »

He's not poison immune

He eats them and turns into heat charges. Other than when you're fighting AA and get it converted into a neuro instantly, it's pretty much the same.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

He's not poison immune

He eats them and turns into heat charges. Other than when you're fighting AA and get it converted into a neuro instantly, it's pretty much the same.

"Pretty much the same" isn't the same, he can be poisoned still

He's not poison immune

Congrats, you won a technicality?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

He's not poison immune

True, but not long enough to do any damage. It’s like a split-second tenacity that always triggers only against poison
  • .... and the discussion drifted in an other direction once again. Bravo.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I would be happy to see Rulk given a percentage chance per heat charge (let's say 15% per charge) to ignore incinerate damage for it's duration at the cost of all heat charges.

• Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Now this is something that is worth arguing for. Red Hulk pretty is fire when he is super mad. I think he should be incinerate immune when the fury buff is activated for him.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I created a post regarding Incinerate and Shock Immunity, take a look there
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Kamr05 wrote: »
    I saw on Seatin's stream yesterday where he suggested that if Red Hulk could be incinerate immune people would find a lot more use in him. I think it would be best if he was entirely immune to energy damage. This would finally make him useful as his damage output is very very low, and finally we would have a decent science matchup against mystic champions. I also thought that since Red Hulk already deals energy damage, instead of just being immune to energy damage also, instead he could convert it into regeneration, or more heat charges. He could even reverse the energy damage inflicted on him back onto the enemy, which would greatly compensate for his poor damage output.

Anyone else think this is a good idea or could add to this? At the moment this character is mostly useless.

We do have 2 science champs to battle mystics....wwii cap and og hulk. Both are beasts