**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7 exploration - 6* Rank 4

benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
I checked previous act exploration rewards, and noticed a pattern:
-after Act 4 100%, we got enough material to have our first 5* r4 with 4 T2A
-after Act 5 100%, we got enough material to have our first 5* r5 with 2 T5B
-with Act 6 100%, we got enough to have our first 6* R3 with a full T5C crystal (highly RNG dependent tho)

So following this trend, we should get enough material to have our first 6* r4 champions by getting enough T3A and T6B. However, till now Act 7 didn't really give too much of these cats. Even if the 7.4 rewards follows the same increase as previous chapters, we still need to get at least 2 of each catalysts.

So I was wondering if we will really get to have our first R4, simply by exploring Act 7 (not counting Carina challenges, Summer of Pain and Grandmaster Gauntlet).
What do you guys think?

Act 7 exploration - 6* Rank 4 128 votes

We will get enough T6B and T3A
35%
razielRaganatorHorror_punkHort4zuffyChamp_ZSungjExHavokQuikPikpseudosaneKerneasNewman0067AtulitScopeotoe987IKONPin_the_AvengerPGT17RockypantherxStevieManWonderMobile_P0tat0OGAvenger 46 votes
We will get a random R3->4 rankup gem crystal
10%
benshbBrokenCupidAckbar67Cap366_Sham_Mother_FlerkenTimeGenesisDarkknight_94Wasy1TheFlashy20Commander_CRS88RatedSViper 13 votes
We won't have enough material for 6* r4
53%
BitterSteelheruheru511ccrider474ChovnerFrankie_DeeSpeedbumpfmussapFoxhero007DeathlySHIELDLongshot_33Total_Domin01DonnymeijDe_Potato_SaladTheHeroDeservedWicket329Malreck04LiquidkoldRaichu626Chuck_Canuck75Prylank 69 votes

Comments

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Its not too much of a pattern of Acts but rather the fact that they have introduced the next tier every 2 years. It's just the acts are released so sparsely that they are a means to obtain them.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

the game economy is already broken, and I don't see them fixing it from once a year or so story quest that requires you to have versatile of champions at high ranks, all of this for (((((((( ONE )))))))) 6* rank 4 champion, which is more powerful than rank 3 by 15%!!! you better use the 20% boost for that 'balanced' upgrade
    while whales have 4 already, probably more.

this is coming from a guy who finished literally everything in the game with nothing to do but to quit, which I already did.

So you quit, yet you’re here, and the game is broken in favour of whales, yet you’ve completed everything, presumably (from your tone) without being a whale?
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    I don't think it'd give a r4. No way Kabam puts a big chunk of T3A.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Knowing kabam , we won't getting enough
    And that will be final nail in coffin ( atleast for me ) to say Farewell for good. But I am hopeful
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

the game economy is already broken, and I don't see them fixing it from once a year or so story quest that requires you to have versatile of champions at high ranks, all of this for (((((((( ONE )))))))) 6* rank 4 champion, which is more powerful than rank 3 by 15%!!! you better use the 20% boost for that 'balanced' upgrade
    while whales have 4 already, probably more.

this is coming from a guy who finished literally everything in the game with nothing to do but to quit, which I already did.

So you quit, yet you’re here, and the game is broken in favour of whales, yet you’ve completed everything, presumably (from your tone) without being a whale?
    I'm still here waiting to see if this game has a future or not (for me), waiting to see how if it's worth it to do AQ when they update the rewards, as well as story progression rewards.
    and regarding your question, yes, I'm f2p, I did however spend 20$ on mastery cores offer and that's it, the rest are farmed units from arena and events
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I doubt it but we absolutely should considering how many r4s whales were able to get from the gifting event
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    We will get a random R3->4 rankup gem crystal
    I'm probably too naive, but I really have big hopes for that random r3-4 gem. Gifting gave a generic, so a random for the latest story act exploration looks fair
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Ideally I’d like to see one of each Cat for act 7 completion and two of each for exploration but more realistically I expect one of each for exploration and some shards of about half of each for completion.
  • Options

We’ve only had 20% of a t3A so far from act 7. So I doubt there will be 280% from 7.4 and act 7, however I do think there will be enough from gauntlet, SoP, Carina challenges and act 7 combined that FTP players can rank 4 a 6*. Which is fair, because at the time of act 4,5 and 6 they were the peak end game content. But act 7 is most definitely not peak end game content, so it doesn’t make sense to exclusively have it there.

True, but locking it behind paywalls - let’s be honest, you need knocking on 100 revives/LoL challenge - like the Carina challenges is pretty cheap in my opinion. SoP/Gauntlet we’re good pieces of difficult content but Carina while having juicy rewards have virtually nothing to do with skill or roster.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Carina has absolutely to do with roster....your 4* roster :D
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I still think Kabam is gonna pull off another 5.4 with great rewards. That one had good reception from players and if they repeated it, it would certainly make many people happy
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

We’ve only had 20% of a t3A so far from act 7. So I doubt there will be 280% from 7.4 and act 7, however I do think there will be enough from gauntlet, SoP, Carina challenges and act 7 combined that FTP players can rank 4 a 6*. Which is fair, because at the time of act 4,5 and 6 they were the peak end game content. But act 7 is most definitely not peak end game content, so it doesn’t make sense to exclusively have it there.

People got multiple R4s from gifting. We ought to be able to get 1 from act 7 without Carina.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

People got multiple R4s from gifting. We ought to be able to get 1 from act 7 without Carina.
    Yeah, unfortunately there’s a difference between what is ought to happen, and what is likely.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,034 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

If they add a progression title and r4 requirements to it, and if they do not give enough material for it from act 7 then it will really piss off a lot of players and many will quit.

What doesn't piss off a lot of players and make them quit? How is it even possible there's still a player base for the amount of times this has been used?