**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Word Re: Mythic Shard Crystals

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
With a 20% chance of pulling a 6* from a pool of over 200 6* champs, the frequency with which players obtain Mythic shards feels…well, not very mythic.

I understand the Mythic is marketed as a top prize. I understand for a player with a few 6*’s the 20% chance is enticing.

But…for anyone with a decently well-developed roster who plays regularly in AW and explores top level SQ and EQ, 6* shards flow fairly frequently, and at 10K shards you’re 100% guaranteed of pulling a 6* from that 200+ champ pool. It’s not uncommon with minimal effort to be able to pop 2-3 6* basic crystals per ordinary month with a little luck and a fair bit of grinding.

Compare the Mythic. I’m not sure how many months I’ve been gathering Mythic shards, but with next AW placement I will finally form my first. All with a 1/5 shot at one of 200+ 6*’s.

I wouldn’t suggest making Mythics as commonplace as PHCs or even GM shard crystals. But the shards are way, way too rare right now. The opportunity to form one every month or two for TBs and endgame players doesn’t seem like a big ask.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    The rate at which these shards are available is pretty sure, given in all likelihood the result will be a 5*. I don't even look at bundles with them in it.
  • MaqsoodMaqsood Posts: 65
    After this placement I will still be 200 shards shy
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Well, it's been about five months coming... And I don't know how anyone could be disappointed by pulls like mine this morning, Dr Zola ..

On the other hand, this is a game with a very strong 'gambling' hook.

Is that the real value of the Mythic crystal? Do we value a 'free', unexpected six star champ from a Mythic/Cav crystal more than the same champ you pull from a six star crystal? Even if it's a dodgy one like Iron Fist?

If I'd got the 6* version, at least I'd have been telling myself he's a free six-star champ...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

With a 20% chance of pulling a 6* from a pool of over 200 6* champs, the frequency with which players obtain Mythic shards feels…well, not very mythic.

I understand the Mythic is marketed as a top prize. I understand for a player with a few 6*’s the 20% chance is enticing.

But…for anyone with a decently well-developed roster who plays regularly in AW and explores top level SQ and EQ, 6* shards flow fairly frequently, and at 10K shards you’re 100% guaranteed of pulling a 6* from that 200+ champ pool. It’s not uncommon with minimal effort to be able to pop 2-3 6* basic crystals per ordinary month with a little luck and a fair bit of grinding.

Compare the Mythic. I’m not sure how many months I’ve been gathering Mythic shards, but with next AW placement I will finally form my first. All with a 1/5 shot at one of 200+ 6*’s.

I wouldn’t suggest making Mythics as commonplace as PHCs or even GM shard crystals. But the shards are way, way too rare right now. The opportunity to form one every month or two for TBs and endgame players doesn’t seem like a big ask.

Dr. Zola

Couldn't agree more. I know the game team is "out of touch" is a tired forum theme, but it actually seems applicable here. I ought to be excited to finally open a mythic crystal after all these months, but I'm not. I know it's going to be a trash 5* dupe. Even if I'm wrong and it's a new 5* or a top tier 5* who cares? Some people will pull a great 6* next War, but they will be few and far between, and it won't be me.These crystals might be interesting if we could get them more than once or twice a year lol
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    Maybe add to MEQ 2.5k of mythic shards for Uncollected and 5k for Cav. 80% of the time we’re going to be getting a 5* champ. Taking 5 months and counting to get to open first mythic is honestly a waste of time.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Nocko said:

I pulled a 5* Kitty from my first mythic crystal about 2 days ago... it was awesome
    I rank 5'd her immediately and she's super fun... im beyond using 5*'s in content properly but im glad to have her on the roster

All that being said, i got a 5*, one i was thrilled to get and couldnt be happier about and yet, i completely agree

I got a 6* Kitty and I'm not quite feeling it. The miss utility is amazing and easily makes her a top mutant, but the damage leaves a fair bit to be desired for me. Sure I might go back on these thoughts as I just pulled her and just started to learn her but those are just my thoughts.

I know she's basically born to be used with suicides like Claire and Omega and her sig is essential to getting the most out of her but right now I'll just leave her at 1/25 until I really start feeling her.

I think I might be wrong but hey views are subjective.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 442 ★★★
    Waiting for months to put 20 sigs on my 5* taskmaster really doesn’t do anything for me. Not saying they should immediately jump to the grandmaster number of shards. But they definetly should be more obtainable.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

What do you mean? Finally after 5 months of waiting I got 24 skill iso and 275!!! 6* shards. Best rewards in game

Touché
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Got mangog a new character
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

Five months wait…

Dr. Zola
  • ck87_ck87_ Posts: 45
    all rewards are very low.now. they need HUGE update
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Trash 5* dupe. Exactly as expected lol