**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

1192021222325»

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    At least for me what I've noticed:

OnePlus 9, S21

The more aggressive, the more triggers which could happen with the defender I'm facing the more lag and input drop occurs.

Ex: Sidequest, CAV/EPIC:
    King Pin - Fight most of the time feel like I have no control of my champ - Massive amount of input lag, Dex/Parry non existent, screen freezes. It's like fighting a champ that is unstoppable the entire fight. Gave up on fight.

Falcon - No input problems at all.

• NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    loading time and moving in any quest map is so laggy after the hotfix, please do something about it.
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20
    PHJfin said:

This problem has existed for a long time, but now it's being forced on. Same thing was going on a while ago, maybe at times when all problems started to spread and iOS users got better refresh rates on phones.

Here is thread from 2019, and there are more of these way back. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1023422#Comment_1023422

Back in 2019 there wasn't this problem with 90hz to make game work at 45fps, it was 90fps. Now when 90hz is active, game is 45fps, and game loses controls, champions stutter in pre-fight. Map movements and other activities outside of fight are fluent.

Now when this "problem" is active, it seems like you're fighting unstoppable/unblockable enemies, as nothing works like it should, or how it used to.

For Oneplus 7 Pro I have a quick fix. See if it works on your phones too.

1. Go to screen settings and change resolution, and change it back what it was before change (might not be necessary to change back, but if that's your desiredd resolution...).

For example : QHD -> FHD and then back to QHD.

2. Change refresh rate to 60hz. If it already is, you might want to switch it to 90hz and then back to 60hz.

After this your game is working like it should. If you notice your game running smoother than normally, champions stutter or missing inputs, do these again. Party window is still very small

@PHJfin I am a fellow Oneplus user (7T pro). I was playing this game with forced refresh rate at 90Hz and had a really good experience until the Guardian/Sasquatch game engine update (27.2.5). After that I dropped the refresh rate to auto 90Hz, so it would have ran at 30fps. Recently when I got the 33.3.1 minor update the game seems to be more responsive, almost like before 27.2.5. The FPS does seem to lock at 45 and the champion do seem to stutter pre-fight, but menus and during the fight it seems to be smooth now. First time in ages I felt like I wasn't getting hit for no reason and able to parry or block when I want to. One other check I did was to fire Mordo's SP2 in duels / quest fights, which would freeze the game for a split second before, but that also doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Only change I did at the beginning of this month was to switch from beta OOS to stable. Then I enabled forced 90Hz again after ages. For some reason before I got the minor update the game was stuck at 45fps even without forced 90Hz. After the minor update it was behaving as it should (Auto 90Hz -> 30fps, Forced 90Hz -> 45fps) and also the parry/dex or input drops seems to have disappeared for me over night or something.

Have you observed any similar experience on your end?
  • __QB2018____QB2018__ Posts: 14
    I am using ipad pro v 15.3.1
    After blocking my champs are locked in place, this is in all gameplay modes.
    I left the mcoc months ago due to game play bugs, popped back to see what’s fresh ! quelle surprise… it’s still bugged
  • PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60

PHJfin said:

This problem has existed for a long time, but now it's being forced on. Same thing was going on a while ago, maybe at times when all problems started to spread and iOS users got better refresh rates on phones.

Here is thread from 2019, and there are more of these way back. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1023422#Comment_1023422

Back in 2019 there wasn't this problem with 90hz to make game work at 45fps, it was 90fps. Now when 90hz is active, game is 45fps, and game loses controls, champions stutter in pre-fight. Map movements and other activities outside of fight are fluent.

Now when this "problem" is active, it seems like you're fighting unstoppable/unblockable enemies, as nothing works like it should, or how it used to.

For Oneplus 7 Pro I have a quick fix. See if it works on your phones too.

1. Go to screen settings and change resolution, and change it back what it was before change (might not be necessary to change back, but if that's your desiredd resolution...).

For example : QHD -> FHD and then back to QHD.

2. Change refresh rate to 60hz. If it already is, you might want to switch it to 90hz and then back to 60hz.

After this your game is working like it should. If you notice your game running smoother than normally, champions stutter or missing inputs, do these again. Party window is still very small

@PHJfin I am a fellow Oneplus user (7T pro). I was playing this game with forced refresh rate at 90Hz and had a really good experience until the Guardian/Sasquatch game engine update (27.2.5). After that I dropped the refresh rate to auto 90Hz, so it would have ran at 30fps. Recently when I got the 33.3.1 minor update the game seems to be more responsive, almost like before 27.2.5. The FPS does seem to lock at 45 and the champion do seem to stutter pre-fight, but menus and during the fight it seems to be smooth now. First time in ages I felt like I wasn't getting hit for no reason and able to parry or block when I want to. One other check I did was to fire Mordo's SP2 in duels / quest fights, which would freeze the game for a split second before, but that also doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Only change I did at the beginning of this month was to switch from beta OOS to stable. Then I enabled forced 90Hz again after ages. For some reason before I got the minor update the game was stuck at 45fps even without forced 90Hz. After the minor update it was behaving as it should (Auto 90Hz -> 30fps, Forced 90Hz -> 45fps) and also the parry/dex or input drops seems to have disappeared for me over night or something.

Have you observed any similar experience on your end?
    Yeah, just like what you said. Way more responsive now, might be close to what it use to be. Parry window is very tight versus old one, almost impossible to get charges for Shang Chi with parry. Usually works once or twice against ROL winter soldier.

And not a fan of 45fps, as it looks like it's skipping frames and stutters and some effects seem weird. I'll stay at 30fps for now.
  • MudcruncherMudcruncher Posts: 20
    Not just android iOS also has the block drop parries not registering still s21 n iPad Pro
  • Marck0087Marck0087 Posts: 2
    edited March 2022
    The problem come back again a litte lag and parry issue
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    It is NOT fixed
  • Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    Yes, the issues are back
    My alliance mates and myself reported too
  • Hogier27Hogier27 Posts: 8
    Also got input issues using an huawei p30 pro (android).
    Like random heavys, random dashing in and combos. Totally messes up the game experience and turns the game in Alliance modes (where this issue seem to appear exclusively) into pure luck content.
  • Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 153 ★★
    edited March 2022
    Kabam when are u going to listen to your player base and stop releasing new content until the many many many many many many many many many issues are addressed. As mentioned by others above, so many people had enough and are leaving game, not looking good :(
    P.S the word many could have been added alot more times 😜
  • Hogier27Hogier27 Posts: 8
    Hey guys,

I still have input issues.
    I'm playing on a Huawei P30 Pro (Android).
    As seen in the video i just holded block. But instead of blocking my cable just charged into the Ebony Maw:

https://imgur.com/a/kxWLaP3

I haven't kicked any attack move as seen in the video. I just holded block...
    This bug and similar things like random charging heavy attacks, doing medium or light attacks and this charging into an enemy happens in about 80% of the fights while I'm in AQ or AW. Meanwhile while playing solo content it's much more stable, although it also happen there.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    50k views. Relegate this thread to the dog pile? Good luck, you all need to fix the game.