**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

King Groot bug

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited February 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
So seems like KG can shrug off debuffs even if they were put on him during cooldown which he's not supposed to do. He should only be able to shrug debuffs that were put on him while he still have furies on.

I timed out 3 times in war because of it using Void against KG on aggression regen node.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Anyone knows what I'm talking about or seen this bug?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Strategic said:

Anyone knows what I'm talking about or seen this bug?

It's iffy. Sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    What were the nodes.. maybe it's one of those really annoying nodes.
  • Options
    Are you saying that when off of cooldown he shrugs them off or during cooldown? And is it if the same debuff that was placed in while in cooldown is placed after that any of that same debuff is shrugged or any and all debuffs are shrugged ?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    I fought KG with void, one time I don't even remember where or when (after his buff).
    He was shrugging off all other debuffs when a new debuff is placed on him while his furies are active.
    I legit thought that this was his newly buffed defensive ability.
    I need to read his abilities again.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★

It dont know what to make out of this description.
    Emphasis on the word 'That Debuff'
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Void is a champ whose main source of damage and utility is from debuffs, and he's going against a champ who shrugs debuffs. That's a bad match, need a different attacker. Afaik he has always shrugged debuffs when entering Malice regardless of when they were applied. Buff control champ and/or Poison champ and/or high DPS would be best most likely. Or passive heal block.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Strategic said:

So seems like KG can shrug off debuffs even if they were put on him during cooldown which he's not supposed to do. He should only be able to shrug debuffs that were put on him while he still have furies on.

I timed out 3 times in war because of it using Void against KG on aggression regen node.

I know you meant to report this as a negative bug but as someone who has a R3 KG, this is more of a player friendly bug cuz that ability is crazy useful when playing him. KG isn't that hard of a defender as well for it to be such a hard fight. His shrug is pretty crazy good and yes it's probably a bug that it's this strong but...

I know we can all walk and chew gum at the same time but I'd rather Kabam just walk and fix the game itself and more so after the last update with parry and such.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    yes he has been bugged since his rework went live, if you place debuffs when in regen mode and then try to put another debuff on him when furies are active he will start to purify all debuffs on himself until he doesn't have any more fury.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

One thing i experienced with him is a little quirky.

I'll use Corvus Glaive as an example.
    Match starts. KG has 3 furies to begin. I parry which stuns him and armor breaks him. He uses 2 furies to get rid of 2 debuffs. He's left with 1 fury. I parry stun him again which armor breaks him.

He then uses 1 fury to purify both the armor break and the stun.

Is this working as intended?

Honestly its probably not as intended but still tho. Very useful to have when playing him.

As long as he has 1 Fury, if for some reason 100 debuffs are placed at the same time, he will remove all 100 with that 1 fury. Again, might be annoying to play against but this is better to play with for an already amazing champ.