**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nothing Fuels The Urge To Quit Like Missing On 5* Features After Months Of Saving...

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Feature crystals should be only feature heroes.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    If you want a specific hero. Grind for them in the arena.
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    If you want a specific hero. Grind for them in the arena.

Can you tell me how do I grind for 5 star heroes? Tell me when the stark spidy 5* is coming? 2025?
  • MerovegianMerovegian Posts: 49
    edited October 2017
    DOLLMAN9 wrote: »
    On the 2nd, I’m gonna go for Spider-Man stark enhanced and I’m sure I’m not gonna get him.

Featured crystals should ONLY be 4 and 5*. Why the (removed by mod) they got 3* in there for. It’s just ridiculous.

That’s the million dollar question.
    Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yep. Did 3 pulls for blade of my 75k shards. Got Groot Loki and HE. All trash. So annoying since i did a LoL path for champs i couldve saved 15k shards on.
  • Memnoch72Memnoch72 Posts: 12
    I play another mobile game where if you spend a certain amount of ingame currency (equivalent of units) than you get 4 chances at a legendary item and 1 guaranteed legendary item, why this sort of system can’t be in mcoc I don’t know... would certainly eleviate the frustration that so many players feel when getting trash champs or when you open 10 grandmaster crystals and only get 3*s or 10 nightstalker crystals and get 10 3*s. So for example spend 1500 units for 5 nightstalker crystals and 1 is guaranteed to be a 5*, & the other 4 have a chance to be a 5*.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I get why it is necessary part of the game... and I was about to argue this... but I kind of agree.

Nothing is more demoralizing than saving for a month and a half or more, grinding away, getting those 5 star shards... and then pulling Hulkbuster instead of the featured.

It's bad enough not to get the featured champion, even worse still when what you do pull isn't even something you can use or would want to level up. Like, great... here's a 15k red shard arena filler... just what I wanted... Not.

Of course, a lot of that could be fixed if some of these champions were viable in other roles. All the tank champions are completely useless right now. That's not even hyperbole, it's just true.
    Also wanted to say, anyone else notice anything weird with the last openings for 5 stars Dhampir crystals?

More than a couple youtubers tried for the 5 star ones and the featured Grandmaster ones and got similar pulls (including for some reason Civil Warrior).

Does that mean there is some background algorithm that cares about the time or day that you open them or something? Seems weird that multiple people all got some of the same 5 stars at the same time.

Hmmmm, you know I think maybe I better go open a couple of crystals I could use some better 5 stars lol.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    36anr3kwndci.jpeg
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I think we would all love to have better odds, but this game wouldn't function well if we could save up shards and get a guaranteed pull. Everyone would have duped dorm and Spark and iceman...Kabam would have to make even crazier nodes and ways to screw us so they can hit item quotas.

Why not make it that the odds of getting the specific featured increase with every pull.. So if I open 1 blade crystal, don't get him, my next spin would have chances increased by, say, 15%. This way if you have 5-6 crystals you're guaranteed the champ. And hey, saving for that many crystals takes a really long time, and you would have spent it all in one champ but at least you get it and not feel so angry and depressed that you want to quit...
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    I think we would all love to have better odds, but this game wouldn't function well if we could save up shards and get a guaranteed pull. Everyone would have duped dorm and Spark and iceman...Kabam would have to make even crazier nodes and ways to screw us so they can hit item quotas.

Why not make it that the odds of getting the specific featured increase with every pull.. So if I open 1 blade crystal, don't get him, my next spin would have chances increased by, say, 15%. This way if you have 5-6 crystals you're guaranteed the champ. And hey, saving for that many crystals takes a really long time, and you would have spent it all in one champ but at least you get it and not feel so angry and depressed that you want to quit...

I wouldn't mind it personally, many games operate on a similar system of increasing odds. I doubt they'd ever reach the level of a guaranteed pull though. Keep in mind that people would complain that "spenders" would have a better chance to acquire top champs in this format.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    The real problem is that when you don't get the featured, all you get is a really BS champion, not something good or at least usable, no, just BS.

Again, my last 3 attemps at the featured were 3 consecutive Juggernaut. That is not random, that is just the impossible becoming reality in Kabam world.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Tempest wrote: »

I wouldn't mind it personally, many games operate on a similar system of increasing odds. I doubt they'd ever reach the level of a guaranteed pull though. Keep in mind that people would complain that "spenders" would have a better chance to acquire top champs in this format.

It used to be very difficult to spend your way to featured 5* crystals.. You'd have to work for them with AW, S.A., Grinding. Now, you can buy a gazillion grandmaster crystals and keep opening them until you get your featured champ..
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Figured I would pop in and say that I opened 1 more 15k Feature Crystal and pulled Blade. That makes me 3/20. As excited as I am, I still think a new system would be way better for the game. I really liked the idea of odds increasing as you miss on spins. It would give players something to look forward to.
  • Crystals bring in so much money they aren’t trying to fix it or make adjustments.
  • MegMit2MegMit2 Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    I have been saving those shards for quite a time and decided to give a try for 5 star blade. I thought if not blade than atleast I would get a better champ than those 90% terrible champs present in the basic pool that I have been getting all the time.This time I got a Kamala khan. What a god tier pull. I was so angry that I wanted to quit forever..That's bad from kabam. FU.
    MegMit2 wrote: »
    I have been saving those shards for quite a time and decided to give a try for 5 star blade. I thought if not blade than atleast I would get a better champ than those 90% terrible champs present in the basic pool that I have been getting all the time.This time I got a Kamala khan. What a god tier pull. I was so angry that I wanted to quit forever..That's bad from kabam. FU.

Kamala Khan is actually far from the worst champion in the game, she's just a damage dealer that is a little too slow to ramp up.

If you check her stats they are comparable to the other Marvels (Ms. and Captain) and she is poison immune.

I mean I wouldn't rank 4 her necessarily, but she's ok.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    This games relies extremely heavily on random number generators. But RNGs in programming are often pseudo-RNGs, mean algorithms that are meant to approximate randomness, but aren't truly random. RNGs can even vary a lot by platform (iOS vs. Android).

Using RNGs was a terrible design choice to start. Who wants to play to earn rewards only to have an RNG not work in their favor and get junk? I am guessing, but RNGs on mobile devices probably aren't that sophisticated either.

These bad RNGs give the appearance of being rigged, but really, it's just bad game design.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Let’s just say they do not care and will not change and leave it at that.

I have never seen a company that has this much information available to them that uses virtually none of it keep making money the way they have. They could do much better but will not.
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    rwhack wrote: »
    Oh, and rename She-Hulk to “Rage-Quit”. That is the only purpose she serves. Such a terrible hero and we made her available as a 5 star. Drug testing should have happened at that meeting.

Seriously, who has ever looked at their roster and said “Damn, if only I had She-Hulk.”?

Me. I’m running suicide set up with liquid courage. So you know about her great point that you don’t new to use sp1 or sp2 for great damage.. so I get away from recoil. What about sp3 then it’s not that great ? Well it’s not but the fury she gets while doing heavy on stunned champ (even parry) is crazy. Almost identical to hulk smash when mixed with sp3. So next time charge up sp3, stun opponent and start heavy as soon as she hits first punch of heavy and gets that fury interrupt it with sp3 and BOOM. Brother I’m pretty sure you will love her after that. There are more hidden suicide champs than you imagine. I hope that helps you find potential in her.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    On the 2nd, I’m gonna go for Spider-Man stark enhanced and I’m sure I’m not gonna get him.

Featured crystals should ONLY be 4 and 5*. Why the **** they got 3* in there for. It’s just ridiculous.

not even sure why they charge so much. Everything is relative and 3* will be like 2* early next year with 6* coming. Thus, prices (units) have doubled for the crystals.

And about feature and basic champs; cmon the champs you say are useles, most of them are defenders you are comparing them with offence champs! Overcome this issue that you don’t get featured and got basic cause few months ago you wanted that ex featured champ badly and now you don’t.
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    tuposacp wrote: »
    And about feature and basic champs; cmon the champs you say are useles, most of them are defenders you are comparing them with offence champs! Overcome this issue that you don’t get featured and got basic cause few months ago you wanted that ex featured champ badly and now you don’t.

The champs you speak of? . Sure, they would make good defenders but to get them to that defender stage in AW takes a ton of resources. Just to put them in as defenders? Getting to the later stages of content means you need attackers asap. Not defenders. I got antman for my first 5*. My only 5*. Later on down the track i "may" use him as a defender but as it stands i will not waste resorces to rank him up. I need attackers or at least a champ that will get me a little further in content.
    tuposacp wrote: »

The champs you speak of? . Sure, they would make good defenders but to get them to that defender stage in AW takes a ton of resources. Just to put them in as defenders? Getting to the later stages of content means you need attackers asap. Not defenders. I got antman for my first 5*. My only 5*. Later on down the track i "may" use him as a defender but as it stands i will not waste resorces to rank him up. I need attackers or at least a champ that will get me a little further in content.

People are using ant man for synergy to beat lol including 3* one (haha). And he’s a offence champ with proper mastery set up.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Figured I would pop in and say that I opened 1 more 15k Feature Crystal and pulled Blade. That makes me 3/20. As excited as I am, I still think a new system would be way better for the game. I really liked the idea of odds increasing as you miss on spins. It would give players something to look forward to.

@TillerTheKiller I couldn't agree more. No one should have a guaranteed pull, but no one should be 0-22 like a friend of mine is. I'm 0-14 although I did pull one Blade from 10 of the 300 unit crystals. If they would just increase the odds after several misses I think that would help a lot of players who are on the wrong side of crystal luck without breaking the game.
    Congrats on getting him btw.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    What part of the game gets ruined if we can choose our champs or if we all have the same champs? Oh yeah, the gambling addiction section and the "I'm better than you" quests.
    It is not about guaranteed. It is about having nice champs on the feature crystals.only the lastest 20 features. Not freaking she hulk or spider gwen or colossuss. The tried to create the sub feature chance which is pure garbage and does not address the problem.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    This is why i dont believe in a sec its RNG. IF u pay u get somehow better odds.. Seen it from higher ally, Seen it my own ally. Those WHO spend Money on game some how get just better odds..
    Kabam will never say its true but i heard also from other high player that they have gotten so crazy deals that never i seen before..
    like Kabam Mistakes from getting 4 star champs from 500 shards only, some units deals for 2$ and wasnt just 1 he cud by XXXXXXXXX times of it..

We all admit ofc if u open 2 feature crys and pull 2 times - Shehulk we will be furius.. altho if somehow we pull 2 x iceman, Hyperion, Spidey SE and so on we will be quiet and move on.

Altho seems like.. those WHO are unlucky keep being unlucky maybe till u paied enuf Money to Kabam..