**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Discussion about the King in Black with a Question

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
I pulled him from the featured 6star I think the first day it dropped, took him to r2 right away and it didn’t take long before I knew his was r3 worthy. Took him up to r3 the moment I had the resources (mainly t5b). This discussion is both an appreciation post and to seek opinions on a decision I’m trying to make. I’m trying not to make it a lengthy post.

- His design is very interesting, and imo like all champs he has his strengths and weaknesses. I will touch on 1 of each and the rest I’m hoping will come out from you guys during the discussion, again trying not to make my write up lengthy. I think his strengths far outweighs his weaknesses. I won’t say I know everything about him already but enough to say he’s a great champ.

- Strength & Weakness
This very weakness about Knull is also a strength. As a cosmic champ he doesn’t rely on buffs, and the ones he has naturally is locked in his awakened ability and only last for 2secs. really on him. So I’m matchups where Cosmic champs excel because of their access to buffs he wouldn’t unless you bring in others to support him on that. And this same weakness is a strength because he does not need them nor rely on him. So in matchups where you can’t really use Cosmics because their access to buffs can hurt you, Knull will be just fine.

- Would I change or add something to his design?
I think he’s great the way he is.
However, what think I’d have added is extend his evade and autoblock bypass to his lights attacks as well when the opponent is corrupted. Your face your opponent, the most I most important part of the fight is when they’re corruption and you want no make most out of it and keep it going. Your Light attacks are powerful (most powerful imo), and you want no interruptions but evade and autoblocks can mess you up. Good thing is most fights don’t need evade and autoblock counter, so in those fights you have to adapt your play and fight cautiously like hitting them only when they’re stunned MLL is safe as I’ve noticed.

Good job on this champion design Kabam!

Now my decision.
This is what is said about his signature abilities in his champion spotlight:
- Developer’s Note: This is a very loaded Signature Ability!
What value do you lovers of the King in Black place on his awakening ability?
Is the difference between between a dupe Knull and one that is not really significant? I think it will be for shorter fights, but wanna know from those with the actual experience.
Should I pulled the trigger below?

Pls feel free to speak your thoughts 🙂

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    his sig is nice to have, I think personally I would use a cosmic ag on him
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

Between him and Hyperion who would you use the AG on. Not that I have Hype but I’m hoping to pull him next. That’s not how we pull champs but maybe this time it’ll work lol
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Between him and Hyperion who would you use the AG on. Not that I have Hype but I’m hoping to pull him next. That’s not how we pull champs but maybe this time it’ll work lol
    Hyperion